Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Reality Creation 101: Mastering Manifestation Through Awareness
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on September 3, 2008
Pinckley is interesting, thought provoking, and challenging. A year ago I watched the movie, "The Secret" and came away feeling like anything was possible. However, as the days went by, it began to seem just like another 'think positive and get rich' fad. I could not seem to be able to get The Secret to work for me. I became frustrated with all of the people on TV and in the magazines with the pasted on larger than life smiles that kept saying, "Just visualize yourself in a new porsche!"

Now, after reading this book I feel completely differently about the word 'manifestation' as well as 'The Law of Attraction'. Not only do I better understand now, but Pinckley has given me the physical tools to transform my life!
on April 12, 2010
If you want to grow and develop, become more-self aware of the world you are creating for yourself, then this is a book for you! This book empowers you to fulfill your potential and break damaging patterns of thought and behaviour that have been posing as obstacles on your journey and preventing you to succeed in fulfilling your dreams.

I have read a number of books on personal development and more often than not, they left me feeling even more critical toward myself as I could not, through the same techniques that Christopher A. Pinckley describes, achieve long-term, positive results. Sooner or later I felt rather disempowered as I felt I was failing, was not disciplined enough to through visualisation, meditation and affirmation achieve my goals.

I found this book truly enlightening, empowering and the very style of writing made it quite personal for me as I felt guided thorugh the process. Christopher A. Pinckley is very honest about his own journey of personal development and overcoming his negative pattern of thought and behaviour which adds a very special, personal touch to his book. I felt supported on my own journey and questioning what reality I want to create, what thought and behaviours I have that have prevented me to achieve that so far and how to overcome that.

It may prove difficult indeed to appreciate that we live a reality which we have created ourselves and blame it all on external sources including difficult boss at work making our working life unpleasant, unloving partner making us feel neglected etc. Instead of continuing this train of thought which lefts us feeling disempowered and even more disappointed in others thus taking us even further awyay from achieving our goals, this book helped me to reprogramme my way of thinking.

Christopher A. Pinckley guides you through the process by providing examples of negative thought pattern and how to turn it into positive, building your self-awareness and resources to help you stay on the right course. His style of writing, honesty and examples which come from his own experience of working on himself and then helping others to achieve their goals makes you feel suppported through the process and helps you stay on the right path.

The book truly makes you appreciate that in order to make changes in your life, although it may prove difficult at times, ultimately it is the best thing you can do for yourself: develop self-awareness and not remain in the old track of thought. Instead break through it and realese the potential in you. This book will no doubt make you relise that the journey of personal development may prove challenging at times but you are not alone and it is part of the journey we must pass in order to achieve our goals.
on July 18, 2012
This book came highly recommended. My expectations may have been a little too high; I was just a bit disappointed.
Chris Pinckley does a pretty good job of presenting the basic "think positive and the universe responds" message. I think he would agree that his material isn't that original, but he does provide the material from his own unique point of view.
People who really like his message will really like the book. I think it is fair to say that there is not a whole lot of depth here, though. That is, the narration centers around a series of incidents where he was a bodybuilder with a bad attitude and bad things happened. Then, he changed his attitude and good things started to happen.
If I picked one thing I didn't like, it would be the pseudo-scientific jargon that he inserts to try to sound smart -- it has the opposite effect.
If I picked one thing I really liked -- it would be the straightforward presentation; he is clear as a bell.
If you are already sold on "think positive" then you will enjoy this book.
on July 6, 2010
I'm not one to write reviews although I'm CONSTANTLY reading Amazon and it's reviews. I'm talking obsessively. However, even though I'm not even half way thru this book I just had to write up a review. This has to be one of the best books I have ever read on this subject. It gets to the nuts and bolts of manifesting and the inevitable hurdles one would face when starting this process. I have to highly recommend this book above all the other flaky and overly repetitive LOA books that have flooded the market. Read the Seth books and then come to this when you need some basic, down to brass tacks instruction on just how to integrate all this into your own life. 5 stars all the way!
on December 4, 2009
Christopher Pinckley pulls no punches when sharing his hard-won personal knowledge of what works and what doesn't in the field of manifestation in REALITY CREATION 101. If you have ever resisted reading a self-help book because the author clearly had no clue how hard life can be, you'll love Pinckley's candor in describing just how bad things were for him before they got better. Describing a time when he was depressed and cynical, Pinckley writes, "At one point in my life, I had become the most negative person I knew." This depression continued for years... until Pinckley found and mastered the keys to reversing this downward spiral.

I especially love the chapter on "Controlling Your Thoughts," as Pinckley shares experiences in which he practiced thinking positively about someone he hated... and discovered much to his surprise that changing his thoughts could have such an immediate, positive effect. "The moment I began truly working towards having more positive thoughts rather than negative ones was the moment I started to turn my life around."

REALITY CREATION 101 is packed with truly useful and easy to understand exercises for getting clear about who you are, how you feel and what you want... making the process of reality creation so straightforward that any change-motivated person can do it.

I recommend this book for anyone looking for some way to elevate their quality of life above the surrounding levels of mass consciousness. This book makes an excellent gift, too!
44 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2011
I highly recommend Christopher Pinckley's book. If you watched `The Secret', got excited and then disappointed when you found it was harder to manifest than you thought, read this book. Pinckley tells you what `The Secret' doesn't tell you.

Christopher's techniques really work--at least for me they are working. This book is a real treasure and I can see myself visiting this book on a reoccurring basis.

Pinckley writes in style that makes you feel you are sitting down in his living room for a Sunday chat. His knowledge, insight, and wisdom into his topic come from a combination of real-life hard knocks and a vast history of research on his part, resulting in a real-life application and verification of his teachings.

If you read one book about manifestation and the law of attraction, make it this one.

Highly recommended.
on October 11, 2010
By now I am sure that we have all heard of the low of attraction and that if we,going back into the 60's mind-thought,think we attract what we get,while this is all good,Reality Creation 101 really gets to the hands on,daily life ways to create what we like to have.
Christpher Pinckley really points out that while the 'feel good' is one of the keys to attract,there is baggage,that can be that trip-wire from getting what we have,in step by steps ways,Christopher shows just how to address those issues and how to create the life you wish to have.
This is a awesome and illuminating book that I found,or did I attract this? And I am extremely delighted in reading this and learning.
on March 27, 2010
I was in a state of desperation when I got ahold of Christopher Pinckley's book. The negativity and anger I was feeling were damaging my relationships and work. I knew it was my responsibility to do something, but I did not know what to do. While I had read many wonderful spiritual books and no doubt had the answer given me many times over, I was still stuck. The technique provided in this book to deal with difficult emotions was the right thing at the right time and it worked. When I practiced the technique, something happened and I gained relief. With this initial relief, other steps have become possible and I can see a real difference in my self, relationships and work environment in a very short time. I recommend this book for people like me who have read alot of spiritually inspirational books but have still not found that experiental edge toward healing in their own lives. You could call it "tipping point" teaching!
on March 21, 2010
I was overjoyed to read Chris Pinckley's book.
Forwarded by someone I hold in high regard, Brad Yates ( EFT Wizard), I knew this work would have to be pretty good, but what I found was an even more pleasant surprise.

Chris' personal and transparent style make it easy for the reader to identify and apply insightful information.
Not only do I personally recommend this book to people with whom I connect, but I am even having Chris on my Blog Talk Radio show (DIY Designer Living with Creative Thinking Technology) to share more about it's life impacting content. [...]
Lisa Shah
E.S.C.A.P.E Outta the box
[...]
Creator of Creative Thinking Technology (CTT)
on March 30, 2009
Chris Pinkley's book is not only in-your-face. His step-by-step approach to "manifestation", which can sound a little hoaky if not explained properly, is exactly what this material calls for. And, coming from a place of struggle - Pinkley recounts several of the personal challenges he faced - this book just rings true. You get the feeling Pinkley has learned from experience.

Pinkley sets himself the non-negligible task of explaining how to "Create Your Own Reality". First of all, argues Chris, you're already creating your reality - you might simply not be aware of it yet. The idea then is that, by repetitively thinking certain thoughts over and over, you "manifest" or draw to yourself the very scenarios you've imagined. According to Pinkley, awareness is key in learning to manage this process.

Pulling all the our assumptions and behaviors out from unconscious reactivity-mode and into our peripheral vision is the beginning of gaining control of what you draw to yourself. Afterwards, Pinkley gets into the specific techniques for manifesting such as visualization, taking action and emotional releasing.

Many of these ideas could seem airy-fairy without the proper, grounded explanations and techniques provided by Pinkley. The strength of this book lies precisely in its combination of both.

I read Reality Creation once quickly, but I have a feeling that I'll be reading it again with a pen and paper to take notes...

Terrie