Most helpful critical review
0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Utterly mindnumbing new age uber-drivel piece of banal vapid steaming platitudinous shfluff... Uhhh, I mean "I hated it."
on December 18, 2014
No joke, this was one of the worst purchases I have ever made... except when I was in the USSR prior to the fall of communism - and there is at least a good story behind that ordeal.
Let me count the ways I hated this:
1) Eckhart Tolle is too slow. Even at 2x speed, it was sometimes slow.
2) His laugh - wow really annoying. I hate to say that about laughter. I love laughter and people laughing, but when listening to it repeatedly, I began to feel as if I was being tortured. I would say must be heard to believe, but I wouldn't want you to buy it to hear it.
3) The content was not what I was led to believe by other reviewers. I thought this was a personal development and leadership book, not a new age-buddhist-hindu-tao-psychological fluff session.
4) New age cliche. Really, if you want new age content you will like this. If you have heard it before and don't need a refresher, you are not getting anything new here.
5) Tolle strikes me as having an exaggerated sense of his own importance. You can tell when he thinks he is intending to be profound or humorous because he will either do a snivelling laugh or a very long pause. You are supposed to enjoy the langorous "now" of his pause.
In summary, I have lost a little faith in my fellow man because this book has received so many high reviews.