More About the Author
Debra Burdick, LCSW, BCN, also known as 'The Brain Lady', is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a board certified Neurofeedback practitioner. She is a national speaker and author and has been providing outpatient psychotherapy and Mindfulness skills to her clients since 1990. She added Neurofeedback to her psychotherapy practice in 1999. She is an expert author on SelfGrowth.com.
Debra specializes in ADHD, depression, anxiety, stress, sleep, cognitive function, relationships, mindfulness, and traumatic brain injury. Besides her private practice, Debra worked at the Child Guidance Clinic, Family Services, Child and Family Agency, and Lawrence and Memorial Hospital. She teaches all day workshops including: A Holistic Approach to Success with ADHD and Mindfulness Toolkit: A Practical Experiential Workshop of Mindfulness Skills.
Debra has extensive experience helping children and adults thrive with ADHD. In addition to counseling hundreds of clients over the past twenty years, she parented a daughter who has ADHD, was married to a man with ADHD, and was business partners with someone with ADHD. She combines knowledge gained from her own personal healing journey, her parenting experience, her clients, and her professional study of ADHD and brain dysregulation into her holistic approach.
Debra developed her own mindfulness practice to deal with a chronic illness (now thankfully healed). She found it so helpful in her own life that she started teaching her clients the skills she was using. She went on to develop clinical material on mindfulness skills and created a 4 step process for working with clients using mindfulness that she perfected in her private practice and in an intensive outpatient program. Her clients have shown her that mindfulness skills improve the rate and quality of treatment outcomes.
Her books and CDs include:
* IS IT REALLY ADHD? ONLY ADHD? How to Get an Accurate Diagnosis for You or Your Child
* ADHD and Sleep
* ADHD Treatment Options. How to Choose the Right Treatment for You or Your Child
* A Holistic Approach to Successful Children with Attention Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder - A Home Study System for Parents
* Meditations for Concentration
* Mindfulness Toolkit CD.
* Mindfulness Skills Workbook for Clinicians and Clients: 111 Tools, Techniques, Activities & Worksheets
* Mindfulness Skills for Kids and Teens. Workbook for Clinicians and Clients with 154 Tools, Techniques, Activities and Worksheets
Debra continues to teach numerous presentations, workshops, and teleseminars. She is often interviewed on internet radio and her work has been featured in The Day newspaper, Self-Improvement Magazine, and Parenting Powers television show.