Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Railsea forum

Really Now?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2012 6:55:07 PM PDT
Mateus Marx says:
While reading the plot summary my acclaim for China Mieville dropped significantly upon realizing this is basically a steampunk rewrite of Moby Dick.

Posted on May 6, 2012 2:18:01 PM PDT
There's nothing new under the sun. Were you upset that The City & The City was basically a police procedural? (i.e. a "rewrite" of thousands of preceeding books?) As long as he brings something new to the table, as in The City & The City, I don't care what it's based on. What worries me more is that it's being considered "YA" by some - as long as he doesn't dumb down the prose I'll be OK with that even.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Railsea forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  May 1, 2012
Latest post:  May 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Railsea
Railsea by China Mieville
4.1 out of 5 stars (168)