Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Diablo III - PC/Mac forum

Really wanted to, but Blizzard has gone to far.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 843 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 13, 2012 3:03:03 PM PDT
Da Jester says:
Online DRM says it all. Sorry Blizzard, but if I am going to pay $60 for a game that has a huge single player portion requiring you to be online the entirety to play, then I might as well stick with playing MMOS. I expect to be able to play a game like this whenever I want to regardless of internet connection.

I was looking forward to this game until that was announced. Let me know when the stupid DRM goes away then I'll pick it up. Till then, Torchlight 2 looks like the game to play.

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 5:07:40 PM PDT
Carson Chan says:
sorry to hear that, I will enjoy playing Diablo 3 on release date and you can wait until DRM goes away (ahh, never lol) hahaha

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 5:46:59 PM PDT
Edid says:
Online DRM is a good thing. Prevents hacks and bring more significance to the game whether in be online interaction or depth. Besides who in this day in age wants to play a game without being online at all times?

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 9:30:56 PM PDT
Owen says:
Why keep adding threads that say the same thing? Boo hoo. We get it. You're a cry baby. Move on with your life.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 10:48:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2012 10:50:32 PM PDT
Sudeley says:
Not really, there were no hacks on closed battlenet for d2.

Why keep adding threads that say the same thing? Boo hoo. We get it. You're a cry baby. Move on with your life.

only crybabies call people crybabies, its called a discussion on a very serious issue that needs to be addressed, and fixed.

And Jester, keep up the faith and the word about the atrocities of DRM. And Looks like I am the only smart person to up vote you for doing the right thing. And of course down vote all the ones opposing the legit speaking of valid issues.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 7:21:15 AM PDT
TheVinster says:
Even if you planned on only playing the SP you'd probably still be connected to the internet anyway.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 7:54:29 AM PDT
Duster says:
Sudeley you come on here to bitch about the same thing in every thread that's posted. Don't you get sick of it? Half of the time the thread is going in a different direction as far as conversation and you still bitch about online DRM.

Get over it, it's part of the game. You constantly coming on here to state the same thing over and over isn't going to solve this "very serious problem."

You want to do something about it? Go join a petition, or start one if it hasn't already been done. Contact Blizzard personally and tell them. Either way, people on here either agree with you and won't buy the game, or they don't care and will buy the game.

Just out of general principle, and the fact that I find your broken record posts highly annoying, I'm going to buy two copies just to piss you off.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 8:19:11 AM PDT
Owen says:
lol, I agree and am buying two copies. One for me and one for the wife.

Sudeley, it's not a serious issue. It's blizzards game that they have every right to do with it as they please. Just like you have every right not to buy it. I get that people don't like it, but constantly spamming the threads about the same crap isn't productive.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 9:31:35 AM PDT
I don't have any desire to play this game, but I played Starcraft 2 and the internet connection thing really was annoying. It would still let you play after it checked, but it would disable achievements, which I thought was kindof a big deal in a game like Starcraft. I also don't like that you buy a disc and it links it to your blizzard account, making the disc worthless after installing. It's pretty much a big middle finger to customers to lock down the game they paid for and keep them from selling it used once they're done with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 10:55:25 AM PDT
Sudeley says:
Not if your in a area with no net at that time.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 10:56:30 AM PDT
Sudeley says:
no and who cares its a free speech country. I am allowed to voice my concerns as long as it is civil.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 10:58:50 AM PDT
Sudeley says:
Yep that's what I have been voicing concern over the drm aspect.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 10:27:50 PM PDT
Lance Grooms says:
Again, this isnt about game DRM, its about virtual goods DRM. There are breaking new ground here with the new auction house model, making gold farmers work *for* them not against them. If its wildly successful, they will move to practically giving D3 away. (At which point, unconnected solo players wouldn't be worth financial spit.) If you want to gripe about something, gripe about why a game with such a strong free-to-play economic proposition is (initially) $60. Because for serious players, $60 is going to be just the beginning. And why do they do it? Because they are in a unique position in which they can. Hell, I think this is way overpriced given the auction model, but I'm still ponying up.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 10:31:10 PM PDT
Sudeley says:
the free to play is not even part of it, since they claim its not a mmo there needs to be no charge. But People can believe what they want, I believe its for the rmah and drm only. I will never say its a excellent game due to its online only model. I will call it a so-so game until it is fixed.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 8:54:07 AM PDT
Duster says:
Yes cause we know Sudeley, everyone cares about your opinion of the game and how you're going to rate it. It won't be fixed. Get over it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 8:56:44 AM PDT
Sudeley says:
Does not matter if a troll or fanboy cares, I say my facts and opinions so get over it.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 9:24:25 AM PDT
Duster says:
Your opinion has been stated, multiple times, in every single thread here. My point is, you no longer add to the conversations going on. You have such a biased agenda against Diablo 3 that you can't stay on topic. This is about online DRM and $60 up front. Not about how you are going to rate the game.

Does the online model suck? Yeah, for single player.
Does the $60 price tag suck? No, not really. All console games are $60, so this doesn't surprise me one bit that PC games are going this way.
Does RMAH suck? Not one bit. If I find an awesome item in-game that I won't be using and I can make money off of it, then great!

What's even better about this whole thing is the fact that YOU, Sudeley, complain about the online model more than anybody else. However, you're ONLINE and posting how much you hate the online model more than everybody that is for it...

Online shouldn't be a problem for you since you can come on here and rebut every single post that doesn't have a problem with the online only method. You're actions completely contradict your stance since you can't even seem to peel yourself away from online forums discussing this issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 9:30:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2012 9:31:44 AM PDT
C. D. Murray says:
You surely did not just say closed for DII had no hacks? Maphack, character inspect, the millions of bots that spammed games and ran endless Chaos and Meph runs mfing? Any of that ring a bell? What about the item dupers? Trade panel hack? There's no way that you played DII on for any amount of time and did not notice these.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 9:31:41 AM PDT
Sudeley says:
Others state the same things also so their point is noted and no longer ads to the conversations going on. Its not a bias agenda against Diablo 3, just the truth, they are the one that has bias agenda against players if you want to go there. Actually the online model sucks for single player and multi player. The point of All console games are $60 has nothing to do with PC games. RMAH can be good for some and bad for some, I personally will not use it to "Buy me a win" I play by skill not obtaining the win artificially. My posts say that the online is not good because there are lots of people who do not have stable high speed online. And if you travel you are not guaranteed 100% of the time high speed internet access. I have never said its a problem for me to play at home, I am defending people who cannot have great online or people that travel like me where at times there is zero stable high speed internet access available to me. I contradict NOTHING on my stance. Plus how would you know if I had high speed access or just dial up? Posting messages can be done by dial up but playing a online mmo style game cannot be done on dial up.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 9:35:02 AM PDT
Sudeley says:
I never get bots coming into my game when it is password protected, that is in the lobby. And I have experience that nothing I did to modify diablo 3 ever worked on closed battle net. The mod I created will not play the way I invented it on closed battlenet, it reverts back to vanilla.

For the fun of it I tried item duping on closed battlenet, It did not work, but on open battlenet, lan, single player it did.

I played with people I knew and no one ever "hacked" into my game.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 9:37:33 AM PDT
C. D. Murray says:
Ok that makes sense. Yes games you password protected were obviously protected. However, while the hacks you created might never have worked there were alot that did on closed that did and ultimately affected how the game was played for most players.

Not that this has much to do with your current argument but I wanted to clear that point up.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 9:43:14 AM PDT
Duster says:
The cost of console games have everything to do with PC game costs! It's based on the exact same model! The biggest difference is the fact that PC games can actually be in more households then strict console only games!

Your argument to every single post is how it isn't relevant when it actually is! You just keep blurting out how direct correlations to similar games/business models don't correspond to one another. Tell me how games for a console vs games for a PC are different in business models. Both of them serve the same purpose. Entertainment. One is strictly for a system that you have to buy, another is based on minimum requirements to enjoy the game.

You want to know how the Diablo 3 cost has everything to do with the cost of console games? Because they can charge that $60 price and people won't bat an eye because it's being done for games across all forms of entertainment.

That and because Blizzard can, just like every other game production company out there.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 9:46:13 AM PDT
Duster says:
Lol this is all starting to make sense. You're not actually pissed about the online only business model. You're pissed because you won't be able to mod and item dupe like you did in Diablo 2. It's all coming together now...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 9:50:59 AM PDT
Sudeley says:
Who are you talking to about this. I never cheated at Diablo 2, and Modding is not a bad thing, it is actually quite fun from both sides, creating a mod and playing them. As I said before I enjoy beating the game under the normal ways, not buying gear to short cut the win. I will actually level as needed and do gear runs if needed. I conciser buying gear for real money a form of cheating.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 9:55:21 AM PDT
Duster says:
Nobody said you had to buy stuff from the RMAH. But are you honestly telling me that if you had an item that you knew you could get $60 for on the RMAH, and didn't want it, you wouldn't put it up for auction?

That's essentially paying for the game you purchased to begin with. And just so we are on the same page, I won't be buying things from the RMAH either. I enjoy finding them organically in the game. Even if I never find the item...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Diablo III - PC/Mac forum
Participants:  56
Total posts:  843
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2012
Latest post:  May 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diablo III - PC/Mac
Diablo III - PC/Mac by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac OS X Intel, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
2.5 out of 5 stars (3,810)