Any Reason, Other than Greed, Why the 24/48 Audio is Not on the Standard "Celebration Day" Blu-ray?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2012 6:52:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 10:19:50 AM PST
Bootzilla says:
I have several concert video BD discs with 24/48 or even 24/96 stereo AND surround-sound audio -- clearly, high-resolution audio and BD video are not mutually exclusive. So why is Led Zeppelin releasing the 24/48 audio only as a separate audio-only BD? (Note: I am assuming the standard "Celebration Day" BD has 16/48 audio. If it had 24/48 audio, then there would be no need for the audio-only BD.)

If the answer is, as I suspect, that the 24/48 audio could have fit onto the standard "Celebration Day" BD but that Led Zeppelin (or, more accurately, Atlantic Records) wants sound-quality geeks to buy two copies of the show, then I might have to consider boycotting this release and not buy either the video BD or the audio-only BD!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:51:44 PM PST
They cheaped out and used a single layer Blu-ray disc so the 24-bit audio wouldn't fit on the BD-Video disc. All they had to do is use a dual-layer disc and the 24-bit audio would have easily fit. I feel kinda cheated knowing this.

I'm a huge fan of surround music, but honestly I've never understood the live audio only releases. Studio albums mixed in surround are great, but live concerts in surround with no video just doesn't work IMHO.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Celebration Day (Deluxe Edition 2CD, 1 Blu-Ray, 1 DVD (CD sized digipak)
Celebration Day (Deluxe Edition 2CD, 1 Blu-Ray, 1 DVD (CD sized digipak) by Led Zeppelin (Audio CD - 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,254)