5.0 out of 5 stars Ethics book
Published on January 23, 2007 by Carmen Fry

3.0 out of 5 stars *Yawn*
A very dull subject if philosophy isn't your thing. A well maintained textbook, save for some material stuck to the contents pages, not too cumbersome. All told, a sound buy. DO recommend!
Published on August 29, 2011 by Tom

5.0 out of 5 stars Ethics book, January 23, 2007
Carmen Fry (Pasadena, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reason and Insight: Western and Eastern Perspectives on the Pursuit of Moral Wisdom (Paperback)
I actually used this as a college textbook for my upperdivision Ethics class. I thought it would be very dense and boring, but to the contrary. It is organized in 2 parts, Eastern and Western, and in each part, different views are discussed. For example, the Taoism (or Daoism) chapter discusses the major themes and principles, as well as describes how it differs from Confucianism. It is followed by actual text from Lao Tzu, the founder of Daoism. The Western part is the same, mentioning Aristotle, Plato, as well as modern thinkers like Kant. I think this book was perfect in giving information about the thinker/mode of thought in both Eastern and Western thought. I actually kept mine because I think it makes a great reference book, and is easily readable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting, November 7, 2013
Purchased this for my Ethics class and was SO WORRIED when I started class because mine was much thicker than my classmates. I compared and everything is the same except the weight of the paper. I actually enjoyed this paper more because I could highlight anything without worrying about the bleed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative!, September 20, 2014
Purchased this book as a textbook for an ethics course I was taking. It's such an informative and well-written book, it's one of the few I will keep when school is over!

4.0 out of 5 stars New Book, With Amazing Price!!!, December 27, 2011
I actually bought this book for a steal honestly, at the college that I go to they were charging $50 dollars more for this book. when I sold it back to the college believe it or not I made a small profit. I would have rated this item 5 stars but I was told that I would receive it between 3-5 days, It didnt find its way to me for 2 weeks. So, all in all a good buy but be sure to buy atleast 3 weeks in advance to give time for Process and Handling as well as error of course.

3.0 out of 5 stars *Yawn*, August 29, 2011