Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

The Reason for God or What's So Great About Christianity?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2008 9:44:20 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2012 10:14:32 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2008 8:44:13 AM PST
P.P says:
I don't know if this is helpful, but I am reading The Reason for God and find it very thought provoking. I have not read the other book by D'Souza. Tim Keller is a very gifted theologian and has a real heart for all people. There is a website for the book, www.thereasonforGod.com that may answer more of your questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2008 6:50:51 PM PDT
I've read Dinesh's book, it was good but not the best. However, i do recommend it. I havent read The reason for God yet though.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2008 11:38:49 PM PDT
djarm67 says:
I've ordered D'Souza's book but haven't read it yet. You should also check out "Finding Darwin's God" by Kenneth Miller and "The language of God" by Francis Collins. They were both fantastic.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2008 2:46:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 2, 2008 2:47:42 PM PDT
S. Ross says:
Which book is the best? (I have only so much time and book-money)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2008 5:32:27 PM PDT
hungryheart says:
I have read both books and was pleased with them both. The Keller book is more concise and a quicker read, and in my humble opinion, more elegant, more beautiful, just as well reasoned and yet less technical. Both will equip the reader to answer skeptics. the Keller book gave my own faith a huge lift and brought me closer to God; clarified for me several theological points...especially helped me appreciate the trinity in a new way.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2008 3:38:42 PM PDT
Ethan M. says:
Keller's book isn't worth reading. Poorly written arguments that are merely rehashed from old arguments better presented by C.S. Louis and even Aquinas.

Posted on Jul 21, 2009 4:00:21 PM PDT
G. Tu says:
I have read both books and like them both. However I would recommend D'Souza's since there are fresh materials that support the arguments that I did not find in other apologetics books.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 21, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism by Timothy Keller (Audio CD - February 14, 2008)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,026)