Apple iMac MC309LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop (OLD VERSION)
Used & New from: $775.00
Reason behind "Under review"? It is quite concerning that a product you order from Amazon goes "under review" right after you order it. Does anyone know why this is the case for this particular iMac model? I really hope there isn't anything wrong with the imac i ordered which should be arriving today :(
asked by sev on July 27, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Received mine last evening. Quiered Amazon after seeing their message of "Under review . . . ." Requested guidance before opening the shipmenat and spending several hours in set-up and migrating files. Received response from Amazon advising me to proceed with opening the i-Mac MC309LL/A and begin enjoying it.
David E. Smart answered on July 27, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think it's because two of the reviewers disagreed with each other about the ability to upgrade the memory to 16GB. One says the iMac MC309LL cannot be upgraded beyond 4 or 8GB RAM. The Apple Store shows that ALL of the mid-2011 iMacs CAN be upgraded to 16GB, even the base 21.5". I hope this is cleared up soon because I was about to order the 21.5" iMac plus (2) 8GB Memory upgrade kits when the price shot up a bit and the yellow message went up.
Pete Stevensen answered on July 27, 2011

A
Pete,

I just got 21.5" base model and it *definitely* has four memory slots = 16 GB. There is sparsely documented evidence/rumor that the Sandy Bridge iMacs may actually support 32 GB . . when 8 GB RAM sticks become readily available.

The Correct Reviewer
Matthew M. Smith answered on August 5, 2011

A
[Deleted by the author on Jul 27, 2011 2:34:11 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product