5.0 out of 5 stars Turned out to be wonderful teaching tool
Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Reasons...
Sometimes I feel alone in the fact that my son cries for no reason, or has terrible fits. Sometimes I just want to laugh at the whole situation. I found this funny website about Reasons My Kid Is Crying. I found it hilarious and very entertaining. When I saw that the owner of the blog was making a book, I had to jump on the chance to read it. I was expecting funny...
Published 1 month ago by BattleBornNV

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned out to be wonderful teaching tool, May 16, 2014
This review is from: Reasons My Kid Is Crying (Paperback)
I originally came to the author's blog for entertainment and commiseration with other parents concerning the frustrations of raising a toddler. However, when my 2 1/2 year old son saw me looking at the page, much to my surprise he was captivated. He was dying to know why all these poor babies were crying. We ended up having wonderful conversations about empathy, safety, better ways to express our feelings to get what we want, and what things might be worth crying about. For nearly 6 months my son asked me to see the "crying baby page," so I knew once the book come out we would have to have it. For the last two weeks this has been our bedtime book. We talk about why the mommies and daddies have to keep the baby out of the oven and the dishwasher to keep him safe even if it means he might get upset. We talk about how someone should tell the boy that a fly can't hurt him so he wouldn't be upset. We talk about how people get cranky when they are hungry, or how the little girl should ask for another peach instead I'd crying that she ate up the first one. We talk about how we should never hurt the dog (or eat his tail). Sometimes I say, "Well, I would cry too if that happened to me," or "I think I would just ask for what I wanted instead of crying." Sometimes I try to get him to see another person's point of view by saying, "I think that Daddy might be sad that his baby doesn't want a picture taken with him." Even though as a frustrated parent I find the book very funny, I'm careful to never laugh or trivialize the babies' feelings in front of my son as he takes their feelings very seriously. For child who is just learning about feelings, empathy, and expressing himself verbally this series has unexpectedly turned out to be an invaluable teaching tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not miss out on this book!, April 1, 2014
I love the Tumblr, I love the Twitter feed. The only advantage they have over this book is that the book, unfortunately, ends. This book is not all entertaining pictures, either. There are short essays throughout that show Greg Pembroke has real sensitivity, depth and talent. I hope for not only sequels to this book, but perhaps more writing as well. Fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Reasons My Kid Is Crying (Paperback)
Love the blog, love the book - what more can I say? Well, I will say it anyways...

The book is great since it has intros to each chapter that are laugh-out-loud funny, as well as lists of why the author himself would like to have a meltdown. Some of the pics repeat from the tumblr, but most appear new and are just a riot.

Perfect gift for baby showers, new parents, or parents of toddlers going through a meltdown phase that could use a good laugh. (The book is also a great way for child-free people to hilariously remind themselves why they might not yet be ready for a little bundle of joy...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, April 4, 2014
rbtzn (providence) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reasons My Kid Is Crying (Paperback)
A perfect book to leave on the coffee table to read at random. Each page made me smile and laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reasons I'm laughing, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Reasons My Kid Is Crying (Paperback)
Not only are the pictures hilarious, but the reasons are equally funny. This is a great supplement to the daily posts for anyone who needs to laugh out loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, April 30, 2014
This review is from: Reasons My Kid Is Crying (Paperback)
Hilarious! My stomach hurt from laughing so hard. And I could totally relate to so many of the reasons why the kid was crying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious! A must read for parents of children under 5, April 30, 2014
This review is from: Reasons My Kid Is Crying (Paperback)
Love this book! Who hasn't had a child cry for no reason. And you can't make them stop. Well, here are the reasons and they are as off the wall as your child's reasons and that's why we all have to laugh about it instead of getting frustrated. Plus, you too can take a picture under similar circumstances and add it to the website. Share the love/frustration!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun!, April 28, 2014
This review is from: Reasons My Kid Is Crying (Paperback)
Sometimes children get tired. Very tired. Generally speaking, several times a day. And when they do — since they aren’t that good at the whole speaking-English thing — they will probably cry. That’s pretty consistent throughout all child-dom. But the specific triggers for crying vary wildly from child-to-child, and even day-to-day.
If you’re curious about either (A) why children cry, or (B) if your child is the only one who cries over random things in life, then Reasons My Kid Is Crying is the book for you. Reasons my Son is Crying, gathers and documents photos and brief descriptions of the Random Crying Phenomenon worldwide. For instance, “He wanted me to put the crust back onto the toast,” or “His aunt wouldn’t let him play with this ax,” or the understandable, “We gathered around and yelled “Happy Birthday.’”
As it turns out, communicating in a new language, especially when you’re tired, can bring anyone to tears. If you know someone with toddler or tow, and a sense of humor, then you may want to help them avoid a few tears with their own copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 19, 2014
This review is from: Reasons My Kid Is Crying (Paperback)
Great book, very entertaining. My entire family reads it together after a hard day and it always makes us feel better

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting fun, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Reasons My Kid Is Crying (Paperback)
This book is so much fun , I love seeing that other parents are just as perplexed when their kids get piste for the strangest reasons! This would be a fun gift for new parents.

Reasons My Kid Is Crying
Reasons My Kid Is Crying by Greg Pembroke (Paperback - April 1, 2014)
$15.00 $12.45