4.0 out of 5 stars Give Cupid a Chance
It's a real pity that people are writing off the Cupid as a lackluster bag, but I think I know why: the leather.

Published 20 months ago by Mandy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bag but not durable
The purse is a beautiful bag however I have used it less than a year and it is fallen apart. The snaps for the handles have broken apart and it is impossible to get them replaced. I would like to send the purse back to the company so that they can make improvements on the product
Published 6 months ago by Judith Edwin

4.0 out of 5 stars Give Cupid a Chance, January 19, 2013

As mentioned in prior reviews of this bag the leather appears questionable in terms of durability and quality. That is because, right now, RM is using a different leather than in the past. It's thinner, seen in more bold colors, and wears very differently than the chewy pebbled black cowhide leather my own Cupid is made of. The slight cracking, scratches and softening of these current Cupids is NORMAL to the leather. For those who are bag connoisseurs might recall a brand called Tano and their Lux leather they use: it is very much the same.

As with all light-colored bags or with leather that is not more heavy-duty, be aware of potential color transfers and day-to-day treatment. This kind of Cupid I would not use as an every day bag unless I am willing to baby it more than my usuals. If you want a tougher bag and one you won't have to worry so much over, get one with different leather!

As for the bag's functionality, the Cupid can hold a lot. Look at all those pockets! You can also carry it multiple ways: as a handbag or a shoulder bag. Even as a crossbody if you can fit it over your shoulder. The hardware, at least with the older Cupids, is solid. I love my Cupid, end of story. Just do some research before writing it off as just "bad leather".

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Purse!, March 28, 2012
I absolutely adore this purse. The leather on it is very smooth and is high in quality. The bag is the perfect size and doesn't look like a bowler bag. I unfortunately returned this purse (ordered the black one through amazon) because it came in the silver hardware! I ended up getting it at another retailer however because the gold hardware looks a lot better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice purse, leather is so/so. Long term is iffy. Not worth it if you pay full price., October 8, 2012
This review is from: Rebecca Minkoff Cupid Satchel Handbag (Apparel)
I purchased the purple Cupid. It was delivered quick by amazon as usual. The purse itself has very thin handles that seems not strong enough to hold such a large purse but I tend to think the long strap will be used more often when am walking about with this purse anyhow. The purse is the type of leather that will age and allow for bends. It isnt sturdy and strong, but slouchy type leather. The pictures make this puse look like it is a very sturdy structured purse when it is most deff not! Overall, am happy with it and will go into rotation as a casual fun purse day or a evening out where I think I might need to stuff a shawl in there for a nippy night. At sub three hundred range, is a decent buy. If you get it for under three hundred, then is a deff yes.

Good luck with your purchases! :)

- UPDATE -

Nov 28th, 2012 - I have purchased an additional 3 Cupids. Obviously I like them enough to come back for more. The three new purses arrived and two were quite stiff and structured (the bone and light grey I believe were the colors) and then the pebbled pink came and wasnt quite slouchy but didnt have the structure the others had out the box. It quickly changes though ;) I am not in love with the pebbled leather and have not used the purse really at all, so cant comment on it as much. The other two though, after having only used them a few days each, the leather is softening and it is becoming a pile of soft supple leather. I do believe this is what the negative reviewer is talking about.

No issues with my first purple cupid with the handles not supporting the purse even when I am stuffing it full with a ten inch galaxy, a seven inch playbook, my kindle and other stuff. I was a little worried but now I stuff it with everything and anything without a worry about the thinner handles.

The leather is not brushed and polished but a very lived in leather that shows marks and scuffs quickly. I dont worry about it at all as after a few days it blends in. I would NOT SUGGEST these to anyone who wants any type of structure in their purse. The leather will become very very soft.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bag but not durable, February 22, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!!, April 8, 2013
This is an amazing bag!! I got mine in coffee colour- wanted a colour other than black but have a dark one just the same. It is a deep dark coffee colour with deep purple undertones- it is beautiful- I've only had it for 2 weeks and have already had heaps of compliments. Yes this bag is big and Im only 5ft but you can wear it in different ways. I don't have broad shoulders but the bag stays on my shoulders nicely. I bought this so I could carry more to work- I can fit a book- wallet- sunnies- and literally a loaf of bread!! I keep mints and my iphone in the outer pockets. I know this bag will last me years to come. My mini mac is on its way- for shopping and short trips out of the house. If you are petite like me don't let this bag deter you!! It is on the heavier side- perhaps that's why it stays on my shoulders better than other bags- love it!! You won't be disappointed! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect purse, April 3, 2014
You just can't go wrong with this style of Rebecca Minkoff. This is my 3rd Rebecca Minkoff in this style because they make such a variety of colors to match all your outfits. It has loads of pockets and tons of room for anything you need to carry. It is very stylish and is made very well. The hardward is high quality. At least one Rebecca Minkoff in this style is a must-have for every closet.

5.0 out of 5 stars the quality is awsome, February 13, 2013
its heavy and the leather is so good!!! it is big and can take much of stuff fit in there

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love!, January 31, 2013
Tania (Metro New York) - See all my reviews
This bag is simply gorgeous! The color is a rich eggplant and I consider it a neutral and feel that it matches my wardrobe beautifully. The bag itself is a generous size, big enough for a large wallet, water bottle, make up bag, kindle and then some! It's a new classic, I see myself using this for years to come. I'm so happy I got this beauty!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 8, 2014
Maria (EAST NORTHPORT, NEW YORK, US) - See all my reviews
Nice bag - good price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the Style, Not the Color, March 7, 2013
I returned this bag after I received it but it was purely for the color. It was my first time seeing the Cupid in person so I was hesitant but the style of the bag is actually really lovely. However, compared to my other RM bags, the Luggage color just seemed way too bland. (I have Eggplant, Persimmon, Orange, Mocha)

Maybe if it was a Glazed Almond, I might've kept it. So sad cause it was on sale too!

Will definitely get a Cupid, but in a more exciting color :)

Rebecca Minkoff Cupid Satchel Handbag