4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Leather, but heavy, October 26, 2012
This review is from: Rebecca Minkoff Mab Shoulder Bag,Black,One Size (Apparel)
In person, this handbag is very boxy, large, and heavy. I ended up returning mine. I did love though how the two shoulder straps fit easily over the shoulder and the placement of pockets inside the bag. It is a wonderful leather, so if weight doesn't bother you, then go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bag EVER..., October 13, 2012
C. Hardy (Wilmington, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rebecca Minkoff Mab Shoulder Bag,Black,One Size (Apparel)
I ordered this bag in black... And yes, the hardware is indeed silver (which I prefer). This bag is absolutely divine... The leather is incredibly soft but the bag still maintains its shape. The blue/black interior is great and helps me find my contents easily... I am not a fan of "large black whole" bags. My husband held this bag for me in the store and even commented on how nice the quality of this bag is. Keep in mind he has held plenty of Coach and Fossil bags. If you invest in this bag, be sure to get a protectant spray and a leather conditioner should you incur any surface scratches that need to be buffed away.

4.0 out of 5 stars A thorough review, November 14, 2012
This review is from: Rebecca Minkoff Mab Shoulder Bag,Black,One Size (Apparel)
So I was more than a little leery about purchasing a new Rebecca Minkoff bag given that not only has production for her bags has moved to China. With the semi-recent price drop on her bags, I believed that there was also a corresponding drop in quality, and as such I have not made a new RM purchase in roughly over 3 years.

However, Ive had a hankering for a classic black satchel with silver hardware for quite some time, and havent been able to fulfill that desire. Browsing Amazon, I noticed this Black MAB mini on sale for 308 and some change, along with an additional 20% off, and I decided that the outstanding price quite possibly might mitigate most of my fears regarding the purchase.

Props to Amazon, as the bag made it to my house within 3 days. It was immaculately wrapped, stuffed, and packaged. The bag itself is awesome. The leather is thick, buttery, and evenly distressed. Its a matte dark black, which is exactly what I was hoping for, as I am not a fan of light or stonewashed blacks. The polished silver hardware is the perfect foil to the black leather. The combination looks classy, elegant, and is wearable day/night and weekdays/weekends.

The cons: What in the hell happened to the interior? All of my previous Morning After Bags have polished metal RM nameplates, and a thick strip of buttery leather on the perimeter of the inner zipper. This bag, as beautiful as it is, is a little lackluster on the inside. The opulent feel of the interior of previous RM bags is gone, and is replaced with a seemingly sub par, bare bones interior. The polished metal nameplate has been replaced with a cheap looking leather tag. The inner zipper is now lined in a very thin strip of leather. I imagine this is to cut costs, and the difference is hugely apparent. I sincerely hope RM reverts back to how she used to design bag interiors. Also, the zipper pulls are just weird, but bearable. Instead of the solid, streamlined zipper pulls that her bags recently had, these zipper pulls are now hinged, thinner, and stamped on the back with a criss cross design. They seem a little flimsy, and I can see them breaking off in time due to the construction of the pull. If purchasing this bag, I would definitely save my receipt, as any future repairs by RM now require a purchase receipt.

Verdict: Love the bag. The thick leather is a pleasant surprise, and I have finally found the black satchel that meets my needs. I would not pay $495 for the bag though. The most I would consider paying is perhaps $350. The interior of the bag leaves something to be desired, although the polka dot print is whimsically cute. If you can get this bag on sale, I would suggest jumping on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebecca Minkoff...So Classy!, September 11, 2012
This review is from: Rebecca Minkoff Mab Shoulder Bag,Black,One Size (Apparel)
Do you ever purchase something that is so "over the top" with logos that the designer should send you a check for advertising? Rebecca Minkoff lets her bags stand on quality and design...the interesting part is that mine is recognized as hers nearly every time I carry it. I would choose the understated bag again and again.

Rebecca Minkoff Mab Shoulder Bag,Black,One Size