4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect shade of red.
Published 9 months ago by The Doll

3.0 out of 5 stars How many types of leather was used to make one purse?
First Rebecca Minkoff purse and I'm not that impressed. This is a good-sized purse and I can fit a water bottle, two 7-inch tablets or a Nabi tablet, a big wallet, a couple of papers for school, and a smartphone. With all that, I could fit some more stuff, like a small cosmetics case.
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect shade of red., December 15, 2013
The Doll (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I had been looking for a red handbag for quite sometime. Something was always off. Either the shade of red or size of the bag, etc. The Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB, (Morning after bag.), in port, fit the bill. The color, nice warm , true wine/red. Not to blue, purple or ehkkh orangey red. The size of the bag, just right. Do not be mislead by the word "mini." This bag is quite large. In comparison, the regular MAB, IMHO, should probably be renamed the "Long weekend bag," LOL! Seriously, I"m 5'9" and this bag doesn't look small on me. It is substantial. Easily holds my IPad and all of my essentials. Nothing miniature about it.
Love the feet, (Gold toned hardware.), underneath the bag. They will help preserve the supple leather.
The only draw backs I can see, so far, are the leather will have to be protected. An extra expense, for the consumer.
The handles are starting discolor, fade very slightly, already. I know this is natural. Due to the oils in ones hands, but it's noticeable on red handles. However, the dye doesn't transfer onto your hands or clothing.
Also, Inside of the bags main compartment and/ or large zippered outer pocket. There isn't a key fob, hook, to secure your keys. Some versions of the MAB, have this feature in the main compartment. The designer should have made this standard on all MABs. Given there large size, you may have to fish for your keys. A small inconvenience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 12, 2014
A. Lee (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
Fits ipad easily on top of the alll the other stuff I have in my bag.

Just keep in mind that R. Minkoff is getting a bit cheap on her components on the inside-the zipper is plastic on the inside pocket and will stick. I've owned others that have a nice sturdy metal zip with a leather lined opening. This is no longer the case on her bags...but not enough of a bummer to take away a star!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, March 6, 2014
I got the black cherry and the color has deep, dark purple tones, and in the light the purple really shows; and in the dark, it's almost black. The leather is thicker and chewier than the almond one I have for some reason. I love this bag. It's classic and chic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this bag., January 18, 2014
Let me tell you about this bag right here.

I've never been too into name brand bags but last year I wanted a quality bag and my boyfriend ended up getting me a beautiful red leather Kate Spade bag for Valentines day.
Forward to present time - January 2014, and I wanted another new quality bag because I wanted to keep my Kate Spade bag in good condition.

After a few weeks of internet shopping, being very picky about style and wanting a colored bag, not a standard black or brown - I found the Rebecca Minkoff MAB bags, this MAB mini in Azureeeee. I read her bio and was like: "Cool she grew up in San Diego too, I think she gets my style."

I found that the normal sized bag and the mini retail both for around $500 and at $180 on for this MAB mini on Amazon, that's a steal. I don't know why the color Azure was the lowest price one because I thought it was the best color (of course that's just me).

At first my concern was that the bag was going to be too small for me (I mean... MINI is in the name) but it totally wasn't. I'm the kind of person that carries either my Kindle or my iPad, a fat long wallet, a zip pouch as big as my wallet housing tissues and eye drops and chapstick and other girl stuff, and then another zip pouch in similar size housing my Mac charger and my iPod charger and my Kindle charger + all kinds of miscellaneous stuff in my purse --- so you get it, IT CAN HOLD EVERYTHING.

The design is pretty cool too. I read another review saying that they didn't like all the D ring action going on the bag but they're meant to help with function for the long strap. If you don't want the cross body/long strap to hang to low, there's strategically placed rings that keep it in place plus other areas you can hook the strap to turn the purse into a satchel or cross body or whatever.

There's a nice a convenient outside zip pocket as well as 3 interior slots for your phone or cards or whatever and an interior pocket.
The purse also comes with a dust bag that matches the interior fabric for the the bag isn't in use and also comes with extra accent leather strips that knot onto the zipper rings (which I'm glad for, I looked at those as soon as I took the bag out of the box and was like... I might take those off - they'll probably get messed up fast).

All in all, a really great bag. My only wish is that the handles were a little longer so that carrying this on the shoulder would be a little more comfortable. (I don't do that carry my bag in the crook of my elbow crap.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag!, April 19, 2014
I bought this bag in the black and in brown. Great satchel; quality construction and soft leather, and not too heavy. Good organization and I love the look.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, March 1, 2014
the package is very good and it looks like you buy it from the Rebecca Minkoff official website. I've been watching this handbag for a long time, and this price is the lowest. The only thing that doesn't agree with my expectation is the size, since it's Mab MINI, but it's much bigger than I thought. But it's ok, this size is the most proper size, for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bag!!, January 27, 2014
Leather is gorgeous! Color azure is so pretty!! Love the light gold hardware. The size is just perfect. So happy!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars How many types of leather was used to make one purse?, August 10, 2014
The reason why I didn't give this a higher rating is because of the leather of the Almond-colored purse that I got. This is actually the second purse I got. The first almond one that I bought was scratched and banged up before I could even get it out of the box. I thought it was just the leather on the first purse that I got, so I went ahead and exchanged it. Apparently, the leather that was used in the purse that I got were totally different from each other. I think every part of this purse was a different leather! I'm not sure how the other colors stack up to this purse, but I'm not as confident that I'd buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than what I expected, August 7, 2014
T. McDonald (Jersey City NJ) - See all my reviews
I have been looking for an everyday bag for a while. Originally I was looking at the MAB, but with my tendency to carry a lot in my bags I decided to get the MAB mini.

When I opened the box I was quite surprised, it's bigger than I thought it would be (the regular size MAB must be huge). I'm able to carry my cosmetic pouch, a book/kindle, wallet, charger, work I'd and other pouches with more than enough room to spare.

The bag itself is absolutely beautiful. The leather is soft and sturdy.

I will be looking into buying more Rebecca Minkoff bags (especially MAB mini) in other colors and styles in the future

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the bag, August 8, 2014
Thank you Amazon for the fast shipping service. Love the bag. So impressed with it when I first saw it. It's so stylish and beautiful! Great quality leather, it's buttery and soft. The design may look simple but the gold hardware makes it look chic and classy. Love the polka dot lining and dust bag. Always wanted it but didn't get the lining for my other Rebecca Minkoff bags. I believe it was the lining for the earlier batches. It even have the Vincent's card in it. The bag is spacious. It's great for work. Was deciding between cupid and this. Never regret my choice :) You will definitely like this bag if you have a mini mac.

Rebecca Minkoff MAB Mini Satchel Handbag