Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
asked by skane on November 3, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
The Digital Rebel series is compatible with all EF lenses. The only problem is the 1.6x conversion factor in focus length due to smaller sensor. Your 35-105mm lens is now equivalent to 56-168mm when used on the Rebel XT. So you still need another lens that can take wide-angle shots.

My advise is to get the EF-S 17-85mm IS lens. Its equivalent focus length is 27-135mm, which is much better than your old EF lens. The image Stabilization function is also a great help in low light situations.
NLee the Engineer answered on November 5, 2007
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, the A-1 series uses a different lens mount than the newer Digital SLR cameras.
S. Charles answered on March 23, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have no idea what an EF lense is! I'm looking to buy a new Canon SLR camera. I have an ancient Canon A-1 35 mm camera and several Canon lenses. Will I be able to use any of these lenses with a digital camera?
naruna answered on February 23, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product