Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 17, 2012
This is my first SLR and so far I love it. I love the weight of it - extremely light. At first it felt bulky compared to a point & click but I am getting used to it. There's alot to learn now with lenses and settings that I have been searching for classes with no luck. So for now, alot of trial and error shots - thank goodness it's digital. This kit has everything but the camera bag is way too small if you plan to carry all your lenses, filters, mini tripod, batteries, charger and book with the camera at all times. The flip view screen is a feature I think I'll have on every camera now. Definitely recommend a T3i kit as it takes the guess work out of knowing what you'll need!!
on April 22, 2012
This is a great package. We did a lot of research before we purchased and we are very pleased with what we received. The tripod is junk, but we suspected that beforehand. Otherwise it is a great combination of lenses, batteries, memory and other accessories. This camera takes amazing pictures!!!
on August 4, 2012
This is a great camera and an awesome kit! If this is your first SLR purchase or your 5th, this kit really does include it all (or at least a very hefty portion of it).

My one and only complaint about the kit is the camera bag itself. I can't even fit the camera and a lens in the case let alone anything else! Kind of disappointed that I now how to go out and buy another bag. But all in all, considering the cost and what comes with it, this is a great bundle and a great seller! Shipping was EXTREMELY quick. I ordered on a Monday (mid morning) and the package arrived Tuesday! It was amazing!

Thank you!
on August 4, 2012
This is the first DSLR that I have owned but I work with a Canon EOS 7D at work. Pictures and video are literally EXACTLY the same. This camera is half, or less than half the price of a 7D! There are some things that make this camera feel more comfortable for the family like auto settings. My wife loves those. It is lightweight, not the magnesium casing that the 7D has. The extra batteries that came with this package are fantastic. The tripod is crap but cool for the kids. Now, the macro/wide angle attachment is also pretty fun to play with. All in all, I have absolutely no regrets in purchasing this package! Visit youtube and type in bookdeadsilence in the search box to see awesome videos of flowers and children playing, all shot with the T3i.
on April 3, 2014
So I recently picked up photography, which I am sure most of us who purchase this package are. I love it! The camera is so easy to use!! I have read a lot of the other comment and saw complaints about the bag not being big enough for all the stuff, here's my experience. The bag is perfect size, the only thing that does not fit is the tall tripod. If things didn't fit it was because everything was in the boxes, but for mine I actually had extra space. Another complaint mentioned no manual....I had two one french one english and more detailed instructions are on the disc. I love it and found it was a great investment!
on March 30, 2014
Back in the 90's I took a photography class and used an SLR camera and learned how to do develop my 35mm film and everything. I had used the SLR camera all the way up to my 2 deployment but it was difficult getting film developed then. So I had purchased a Kodak 8 mega pixel camera a model line just below a DSLR and I really loved that camera it went on many deployments with me and was really reliable.
Now on to the review of this product since I gave a small back ground in my photography history. I bought this camera and kit as a graduation from college and getting out of the Navy gift to myself. I think this camera is a great first starter camera when learning how to do photography also a good camera for a photography enthusiast. The kit is great I just recommend updating your tripod, and camera bag. the Tripod that comes with the kit is a little small and light weight great if you are going hiking and keeping your weight light. The back on the other hand is just to small to fit everything you need. The camera takes wonderful pictures, it also works great with my sigma lens that I have on it.
on October 20, 2012
We recently were broken into and had all our cameras, witch were mostly Canons taken. I realy hated loseing the T3 but found this kit witch was about the same $$ as I had spent fot the T3 and 2 lenses.

I was a bit concerned over the neg raters about the quality here is what I feel

The camera and lenses are all new Canons no referbs.

The Tipod is cheap but is functinable if you dont extend the legs all the way.

The bag is just way small but I had a big Lowpro.

The kit was sent fast and the staff at 6ave would answer all my ?s mostly the same day

Yes there are some cheaper items but just buy the upgrades it you dont like what is there over all a very good kit for me
55 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2014
I wish it came with instructions. I'm a beginner and have had this camera for over a year. It didn't come with any written instructions on how to use it. I guess they just thought everyone would know. youtube has good video's on how to use it, so I am watching those. Takes very nice pictures. But I am still confused with all the stuff.
on April 20, 2013
I'm new to DSLR's and I purchased the Canon Rebel T3i because of it's 1080p video capabilities because I have a YouTube Channel where I post a lot of How-to Tutorials for Cars, Computers, and DIY Around The House Stuff.
[...]

Anyways, the Camera is amazing, although you will have to do a little bit of reading to figure out some of the more technical features. The good news is that you can set this thin on auto and you'll take excellent photos and excellent videos just like that. The more advanced features allow you to tweak your photos and videos, such as adjusting brightness, focus, blurring of background obkjects, and the speed of the shutter. I'm still very much a newbie with DSLR's but I have to admit that I fell in love with the camera and became a bit of a shutter bug as well. I think anyone that gets a camera like this will soon be filling up their hard drives before they know it. I actuall have to order a new hard drive as I'm writing this.

Words of Advice:
If you are looking for a camera that does photo and video very well = Get This!

The only negative is that this camera doesn't do auto focus very well while in video, you have to hold the shutter button when you want to re-focus the camera on another object or scene. I also had some problems with noise in low lighting but, that's where the pro settings come in handy as well as the right lens. I seen videos on youtube with people making amazing quality movies with this exact camera, so I know it's just user error :P

Great camera and the kit has everything you need to really get started. If you bought a bare bones camera you would find yourself buying most of the items in the kit anyway. The items in the kit are all good, but the best items in it are the 2 real Canon lenses & the memory card. I have not really used the other lenses or filters. The Tripod is okay, but I believe if you spend the money on a really high quality tripod it would function much better than this one.

Get the Camera; you will love it!
on June 12, 2012
I'm happy with this purchase. The 18 mega pixels will allow shots to be blown up as large as I want.