4.0 out of 5 stars Sing me no hymns...
Published on September 28, 2006 by J. Batten

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Album
I really thought these guys would be alright BUT I must have picked there worst Album as it just does,nt do it for me
Published on May 6, 2012 by B. Mcmillan

4.0 out of 5 stars Sing me no hymns..., September 28, 2006
This review is from: Rebels Rogues & Sworn Brothers (Audio CD)
...pour me a tall glass of whiskey and let's have some fun rock n rollers. Lucero plays it on this album. It's a tasteful product all the way around from the album title, cover, art, pictures, song titles, song choruses, lyrics, guitar licks, lead licks right where you need 'em, f***in' lyrics again, f***in' cymbals with base and guts with f***in'...f***in'...vocals and drums! And 1, 2,3,4's! Let's pull out the fine china and f***in dance on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars They keep getting better..., December 24, 2006
Cody "S" (Cleveland, Oh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rebels Rogues & Sworn Brothers (Audio CD)
This band just keeps putting out better & better material. My favorite album is Tennessee, but this is as good... if not better. In a time of fall out boy (crap in my opinion) being played on radio, its a shame you dont hear these guys. Do yourself a favor (and the band too!) when they come to your city, go and support them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucero rocks my ears, October 21, 2006
This review is from: Rebels Rogues & Sworn Brothers (Audio CD)
Where Springsteen, The Replacements, Skynyrd and The Ramones smash into each other on a whiskey and sweat soaked bar stage, you'll find Lucero's new tunes. Pure visceral power, the fieriest emotions, the drunkest, loneliest nights. If any of that appeals to you, this CD is for you. I think it's their best record, rivaled only by That Much Further West. "What Else Would You Have Me Be" is one of my favorite songs in years. Lucero makes me feel like that 13 year old kid discovering Guns n' Roses and learning to love music for the first time. They are essential. This record rocks my eardrums. Humans who wish to treat their listening organs nicely will purchase this disc and support the hardest working band in America.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, September 9, 2008
This review is from: Rebels Rogues & Sworn Brothers (Audio CD)
Reminds me a bit of Uncle Tupelo with the rough vocals and country-rock. Great songs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Remarkable Effort, April 11, 2009
This review is from: Rebels Rogues & Sworn Brothers (Audio CD)
I only recently picked up on this band, friend of mine was into Wilco and Uncle Tupelo and I was into The Replacements and Buffalo Tom and The Black Crowes and somehow we ended up finding Lucero.

smoky, raspy, whiskey-tongued and just about perfect. If emotion, passion and grace matter in your music you just might want to pick them up.

And why hasn't anyone drawn comparisons to The Pogues? I swear I hear Shane MacGowan on "On The Way Back Home".

These guys are really nothing short of remarkable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebels Rogues and Sworn Brothers, June 14, 2012
BK Barakas (Centennial, CO) - See all my reviews
This CD is awesome. There is not a finer example of a Lucero album than this. The record quality is excellent, the songs are amazing, and if you're a fan and you don't already own this album, you should! Add this to the collective awesomeness that is Lucero and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Their best yet!, January 5, 2009
This review is from: Rebels Rogues & Sworn Brothers (Audio CD)
Lucero has always put out awesome albums, but this is their best. A mixture between Southern Rock, Alternative Country, and Punk is a recipe for quality. Support them, they are awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lucero, December 20, 2013
Radlax39 (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rebels Rogues & Sworn Brothers (Audio CD)
Good service. Better CD. Nothing more to be said other than waiting forward to next CD. Keep em coming guys

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Album, May 6, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars "I take you out at night . . ., March 8, 2012
Anunamoose (somewhere in NJ) - See all my reviews
buy you cigarettes & whiskey drinks" . . .nuff said . . . these guys are great & this album rocks from beginning to end

Rebels Rogues & Sworn Brothers
Rebels Rogues & Sworn Brothers by Lucero (Rock) (Audio CD - 2006)