5.0 out of 5 stars A true survivor.......
What an amazing book! Reading about Deborah's ordeals on a daily basis while battling Leukemia has completely changed the way I perceive day-to-day stressors in my own life - talk about perspective! What a courageous woman. She will inspire anyone who reads this!!
Published on May 17, 2009 by N. Randolph Morrison

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book
I had leukemia last year and I really wanted to hear someone else's story. So I tented thid book anf It was a little boring due to extra details that had nothing to do with her illness. I do congratulate her for fighting for her life. I sm doing the same, and it is not easy. Good luck to all fighters and survivors@
Published 14 months ago by valmehar

5.0 out of 5 stars A true survivor......., May 17, 2009
This review is from: Rebirth: A Leukemia Survivor's Journal of Healing during Chemotherapy, Bone Marrow Transplant, and Recovery (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebirth is a Must Read!, January 17, 2010
I am finished with Rebirth! I did not want it to end though...it really is wonderful!

Rebirth is Deborah Ludwig's year long journey of survival. Having been diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukemia in December 2003, she must put her life and dreams on hold as she focuses on immediate and then longterm survival. She shares every aspect of this journey in a personal, courageous, and heartfelt way, using journaling as her means of coping with her every day struggle.

I know that I will be referring to it probably everyday! Rebirth offers great advice, insight, motivation, and support for anyone dealing with a catastophic disease on every page!

Actually, this book offers all that for everyone, no matter who they are or what they are dealing with.
I absolutely am looking forward to Deborah's next book! Thank you Deborah, for sharing your experiences with everyone. It offers readers hope, comfort, advice, and so much more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebirth gives birth to a wonderful writer, September 18, 2009
scott saalman (Jasper, Indiana USA) - See all my reviews
A small-town girl who goes to the Big Apple to pursue her acting dreams has to slam on the brakes of her aspirations way too soon when diagnosed with leukemia. Deborah Ludwig's memoir is a well-written, inspiring read. This woman has guts, not only for facing down her disease, but sharing her personal journal of that time period with readers in an unflinching, brutally honest way. It's a book filled with great heart and hope that, immediately upon finishing it, makes you want to share it with those in your community who have the same disease. It also shows how a solid support group of friends and family--and sometimes strangers--plays a big role in a person's survival. Ludwig's calling to be an actress soon becomes secondary to an even greater calling: to help others diagnosed with leukemia maintain a positive spirit necessary to cope with and ultimately beat the disease.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, April 25, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars An insider's story of surviving cancer treatment, August 14, 2009
First, a confession: I know this author slightly - she directed me in a play several years ago.
Deb Ludwig shares her journal for a year, starting with her leukemia diagnosis, through chemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant. This means we get her feelings day-to-day, not as she looks back on the experience from some later time. We see emotional highs and lows, and her discovery of a network of people who step up to support her when she needs it.
I ordered a second copy for the family of one of my cousins, who is currently undergoing treatment for a different kind of cancer. I thought it would be helpful to them to see what another person felt at various stages of treatment - probably many of the same things my cousin feels and thinks, but might be reluctant to talk about.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an Inspiration!, August 4, 2009
mrspugalot (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
Deborah Ludwig's "Rebirth" is phenomenal! Inspirational and deeply personal, the author effortlessly shares her innermost thoughts about her battle with leukemia, in such a way that you find yourself cheering her on from one journal entry to the next. You're pulling for her to respond favorably to the myriad medications, hoping the results of her latest blood work allow her to continue moving forward in treatment, and deeply moved when she or they do not. At the same time, she weaves in medical terminology that anyone with such a diagnosis must learn - allowing the reader to gain insight into the foreign, tumultuous world of chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant.

From the very first entry, you're engaged with the author's drive and desire to win over Leukemia - realizing the self-exploration and awareness that must occur along the way. As she chronicles her yearlong battle, the profundity of what she faces sets in. In addition to juggling her finances, her plans for a career, and getting on with everyday life - she's fighting for her life, one day at a time. What an amazing journey - enlightening, insightful, and moving - a must-read for anyone struggling with a life-threatening illness or for those trying to support a loved one through the ordeal.

5.0 out of 5 stars ~June Fraser's Rebirth Rave~, May 20, 2009
To know Deborah personally is truly an honor and a huge blessing. The song lyric, "A Hundred Little Miracles Are Happening Everyday" (from the Flower Drum Song movie) is the closest description of how I picture her. To interact with this "Miracle" almost on a daily basis gives much more meaning to life after reading "Rebirth." How many times has anyone of us encountered a cancer survivor? The answer to that question has made me much more humble and much more appreciative for the little things in life I took for granted. Deborah is my daily reminder! Her passion to help others who are suffering through the same ordeal is absolutely amazing and has become her calling. She has touched my life in a profound way and I can guarantee that she will touch yours. They say miracles will overtake you. Deborah's "Rebirth" surely will. To Life Deborah, Blessings & Love, June

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and Enlightening!, May 4, 2009
This review is from: Rebirth (Hardcover)
I would recommend Rebirth to anyone who knows anyone dealing with cancer, which unfortunately is so many people these days. The book will shed a lot of light on what it's like fighting the battle with cancer day-to-day.

It was interesting reading this book now, since I am currently taking a Stress Management elective class in my Counseling Master's program. One of our required reads for the class was The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. Rebirth was the perfect complement to the class, because it was like I was experiencing the direct, practical application of some of those concepts (living in the present moment, using meditation and spirituality to clear your mind of thoughts, etc.) through reading about Deborah's utilization of those techniques during her battle with cancer. So powerful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!, April 10, 2009
Geralynn Schneider (Cedar Rapids, IA USA) - See all my reviews
Deborah's book was an inspiring read. Her journal-style descriptive writing makes you feel as if you are on this journey with her - the tears, the joy, the pain... A wonderful book for anyone who has been affected by cancer - or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, April 4, 2009
Rebirth is a beautiful, honest journey of a true survivor. The words are raw, heartfelt and vunerable. What an inspiration to all that have struggles in this world...

$19.99 $17.99