Customer Discussions > Rebirth forum

Rebirth Release Date

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2009 8:06:13 AM PST
Adam RL says:
This might be one of the most confusing releases ever. So it said tomorrow would be the release date but over the weekend amazon was selling it. In fact I had pre-ordered this cd and according to my shipping status they have sent this cd. However, it now says they do not know a release date and every other source I've gone too they do not know the release date. So I guess my question is what exactly is amazon sending me. I guess we will find out soon and I'll let everyone know on this board.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 3:42:28 PM PST
i had the same thing it due to be in tommorow,i had it preordered with mary j blige and slim shady they both show delivery wont be untill the 21st

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 7:33:35 PM PST
Ph0lly says:
Mine wash shipped and looks to now be heading back to Amazon, weird.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 8:05:47 PM PST
mine being returned too, i just googleled and see the cd was pushed back to feb,why i dont know as they have already been produced and shipped.this is crazy

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 7:34:52 AM PST
Adam RL says:
Mine seems to be at the post office where I live and is in transit. So hopefully whatever they are sending will come in today. If they do decide to deliver it; I will tell you all what they sent. After doing some more research it looks like Wayne wasn't happy with the cd not getting enough hype and positive feedback so he decided to cancel its release to perfect it. Considering we all had these shipped I guarantee he had already produced them and sent them to the distributors and dealers like Amazon waiting for a release date. Amazon probably gunned it too fast or didn't get the memo in time and some of the copies were shipped. If anyone gets a copy I guarantee it will be a very limited edition and quite collectible.

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 7:49:21 AM PST
Markamus says:
Mine was delivered yesterday by the post office, and is, indeed, a copy of Rebirth.

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 8:23:46 AM PST
mine got returned customer service had no clue as to why,but they gave me five dollars off my next purchase and promised a refund when it got back to them,would have rather had the cd,lil wayne should have kept this release so close to chirstmas he would have had bigger sales then when ever he decides to dump the cd

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 6:42:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2009 6:43:33 PM PST
Adam RL says:
So the cd came in the mail today and it is the Rebirth cd. Considering some of you got it and didn't get it, I think it's safe to say they cancelled the release of the cd in the middle of sending it them out or amazon screwed up in the release date. My guess is the distributor told them to stop. A few things about the deluxe version of the cd. The cover is the image they used before with Wayne on a couch with a white guitar and not the new one with him in a blue hooded sweatshirt on a stool. Also, I was pretty sure the deluxe had 3 extra tracks but the titles on the back only lists 2. Hopefully the last one is hidden or something. Overall there are 14 songs (including bonus).

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 3:35:33 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 16, 2009 9:05:38 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 6:17:51 AM PST
CstrzRock says:
Adam RL, can you post the tracklist please?

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 6:49:09 AM PST
Adam RL says:
Just googled and I was right, Amazon jumped the gun on this one. Only 500 rebirth cds were released! These could be really collectible if they decide to send the remaining copies back to the distributor. Here are some links

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5B95DC20091216?type=musicNews

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/lil_waynes_rebirth_ships_early_album_rel.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/12/lil-waynes-rebirth-is-reported-to-exist-leak-linked-to-amazon.html

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 8:46:12 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 16, 2009 9:05:27 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 8:48:00 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 16, 2009 8:48:14 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 17, 2009 5:09:20 PM PST
Brown Coffee says:
Yes, this is confusing. When I preordered it, it was $9.99 and it was on it's way to me this week and now is being sent back to Amazon. It appears the price has gone up to $14.99 in the meantime. I want my $9.99 price!

Posted on Dec 17, 2009 6:32:27 PM PST
Lil Wayne needs to stick to his rapping roots and forget the whole "rock" thing. It's not him and the music really sucks.

Posted on Dec 19, 2009 7:34:14 AM PST
its in sundays best buy paper, it's coming out on the 21st

Posted on Dec 19, 2009 12:46:43 PM PST
Adam RL says:
Layde I haven't listened to it yet. But how many songs would you say are rock and rap? Or are they all rock-rap mixed together? But the cd is that bad huh? No wonder he wanted to take it back. I guarantee he tweaks the songs a bit or never releases it and it will become a mixtape.

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 12:06:57 PM PST
these ads are made weeks prior too release,pandorum bluray is listed in hastings ad and it doesnt come out til the 19th of jan

Posted on Dec 31, 2009 5:37:59 PM PST
I have Just pre-ordered it today (december 31st 2009) and after reading some posts of yours, i dont know if it will come to me or not. because i dont if he will put it out or put it off?? HELP!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rebirth forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 31, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions