Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 4, 2000
"Recently" brings the listener Joan Baez's beautiful voice in full and glorious maturity. This is not an album of rearranged and previously recorded hits or traditional favorites, but a beautiful compilation including 2 written by Joan."Recently" is one of 2 superior efforts by one of our greatest contemporary Folk singers. The other great album is "Come From The Shadows". Both albums contain the social consciousness that Joan champions, but also are masterful musical assemblages. If you are only going to own 1 or 2 Joan Baez albums, let it be these. Enjoy!
on August 30, 2009
Recently is one of the finest pieces of work Joan Baez has ever done. The songs are timelessly relevant and will have everyone reminiscing as they listen to the words. A touch of eloquence from the "Madonna of Folk". Truly an asset to anyone's collection.
HALL OF FAMEon January 31, 2006
Although I love the music of Joan Baez, I'm not so sure of this 1987 album. Like 1989's Speaking Of Dreams, it lacks the passion of her 60s and 70s work and seems to be an attempt to marry her "art-singer" style of the 1980s with her earlier political consciousness. As such, it doesn't really gel. I like her interpretation of the Johnny Clegg song Asimbonanga (a Zulu tribute to Nelson Mandela) and her version of Peter Gabriel's Biko, whilst her own composition, the title track Recently, is competent enough. As for the rest, the singing is good but the album lacks some spark somehow. Perhaps I am just conditioned to the simplicity and beauty of her characteristic style of folk music. This is still a good album with memorable songs.
on February 20, 2014
I enjoy this cd. There are some songs I don't care for, but most are really good. I would recommend this buying this cd.
By the way,-- just who doesn't love Joan ???
on May 27, 2014
a very good product and purchase, a bit of a hassle with South African duty on a used product, so a delay, but very happy with the transaction. Thank You
on December 8, 2014
so glad I found this
in the past had it on cassette
love all of the protest-type songs
HALL OF FAMEon June 20, 2001
Although I love the work of Joan Baez, I'm not so sure of this album. It lacks the passion of her 60s and 70s work, and seems to be an attempt to marry her "art-singer" style of the 1980s with her earlier political consciousness. As such, it doesn't work. I like her interpretation of the Johnny Clegg song Asimbonanga (Zulu for "We haven't seen him") and her version of Peter Gabriel's "Biko," whilst her own composition "Recently" is competent enough. As for the rest, the singing is good but the album lacks some spark somehow. I disagree with the other reviewer: I think Joan Baez has made many classic albums besides "Come From The Shadows," like "Farewell Angelina", "From Every Stage", "Diamonds & Rust", "Any Day Now", "Gracias A La Vida" and many more.
on November 9, 2015
The queen of folk music continues her reign!
on December 14, 2015