5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Full Length Version of the Hit Show!
Published on August 2, 2001 by Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Recess-School's Out
Published on March 8, 2009 by Runa

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Full Length Version of the Hit Show!, August 2, 2001
Alex (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recess - School's Out (DVD)
The youngest member of my family was the only one who wanted to go and see this because he was a fan of the show. The whole family taged along and we all liked it! It was very funny! I have seen some of the show so I knew who the characters were, but my family who didn't loved it. It's summer vacation and the whole gang has gone away to different summer camps, except T.J. When he finds out that a mad scientist is out to rid the world of summertime, he has to gather his friends and and do whatever it takes to keep summer. Even team up with... his principal! Mrs. Finster definately steals the show with her sarcastic comedy lines like "Curse these bodacious hips of mine"! Plus the special features! Myra's remake of the old motown hit "Dancing in the Street" is great! I'm so glad the music video is on this DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome movie for anyone!!!: Recess: Schools out., August 11, 2001
This may be a G-rated film geared at children esp. since the show was, but ANYONE can *enjoy* this film not just little kids,teens,or adults. BUT ANYONE!!! It has kickin music from the sixites allthough I'm sure not EVERYONE knows sixties music like I do since I grew up listening to it even though I'm ONLY 16yrs!!! But besides the GREAT music the MOVIES GREAT TOO!!! Be sure to watch the end credits its really cool and funny!!! I love the show recess and this movie has a cool plot!!! Like the show always has absurd plots. But that's what makes it so good!!! I wont give it away though... I'll just say your in for a treat!!! So rent or buy this today!!!
God Bless ~Amy

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This as Much as My Son, October 7, 2002
J. A. Carroll "juanthomcar" (Franklin Park, New Jersey USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this movie for my ten year old son. He finds it very entertaining and a lot of laughs. All of the charactors that are present in the Saturday morning cartoon version are also present here including the always hilarious kindergarteners. The themes here are all positive (good over evil, etc,) and parents need not worry about any the mixed integrity messages that are sent by so many other cartoons out today. Pure enjoyment for the young and the young at heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good movie, January 1, 2002
Okay I am 17. And I actually enjoyed the movie. When my friend rented it, I kinda rolled my eyes and said whatever. But when we started watching it I couldn't believe how entertaining it was! The best characters I think were the little kids. The plot is kinda out there, and the villian is hilarious. Great movie which I think kids and the older crowd could both enjoy! Good music also brings out this movie's charm on it's audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, great soundtrack, July 30, 2001
My husband, children, and I loved this movie. I loved the political undertones: Don't take recess and summer vacation away, which many schools have already started to do. The message of kids should enjoy being kids for as long as they can, something we have virtually taken away these days with year round school and no recess. My husband loved the music and the humor. My kids loved seeing their favorite saturday cartoon on the big screen. And we all loved the story, the characters, the music... everything. I am preordering it today!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF DISNEY'S BEST!!!, July 11, 2001
A big-screen version of the TV series about a plucky young student who uncovers a plot by a deranged former principal to create eternal winter,and the elimate summer vancation.A must see for Disney lovers.A movie the whole family can enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars very cute, August 31, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Recess - School's Out (DVD)
I enjoyed this video..it was a very light and funny kids video that the whole family can watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recess--Not Just for Kids, August 28, 2001
K. Hill (Windsor, NC USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Good cartoon for the kids. Recess is one of about 5 or so cartoons that I like. Recess is a witty cartoon that even adults can sit through. I didn't like that this movie took place during summer vacation instead of during recess like it usually does. All of T.J.'s buddies go away to different summer camps, leaving him alone. These two factors combined minimize some of the great chemistry usually seen when the whole gang is hanging out. That said, I acknowledge that I'm an adult viewer. What do I know? Kids will love this film just the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining., June 19, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Recess - School's Out (DVD)
This movie is a lot of fun, specially if you are familiar with the tv show. The kids have to realize that their teachers were also kids at some point and they all have to work together to save their school. The music is great. Very entertaining.

3.0 out of 5 stars Recess-School's Out, March 8, 2009
This review is from: Recess - School's Out (DVD)
Haha, it's so cute watching this again! While much of what was originally humorous was apparently lost on me, I found much left to laugh about. I did have some issues with the film though. I thought the whole thing was...weird. Of course, the premise was all unrealistic, but it's children's television, what can you expect? I found it really bizarre though, that the kids recognized and took in stride the reminiscence. I know that when I was a kid, childhood went on forever, and had no end in sight. That's not the kind of thing you realize while you're growing up, "hey, I've only got a few more years left", not at all, and this irritated me a lot, making me think the show-runners were going through a "aww, childhood!" patch in their own lives. Another irritation was the music--eugh. Keep it out of Recess, please, the outside music. Something like Green Tambourine, where it's Mikey singing it, the Mikey we know and love, that's perfectly awesome (and makes for the most epic end credits slash music video EVER.) but outside singers? *cringes* The Flashbacks were awesome, too, all the old hippie stuff was just great, learning the backstory.

NINJAS VS. KINDERGARTNERS WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE, ZOMG.
(yes, perfectly caps-lock worthy, thank you very much)

Recess - School's Out
Recess - School's Out by Chuck Sheetz (DVD - 2001)
$9.99 $6.88