Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

82%
18%

on October 15, 2004
Recharge in Minutes by Suzanne Zoglio

2003. Tower Hill Press, Doylestown, PA

This excellent, short, easy-to-read book gives 101 ways to raise your mood. Most of these ideas have been advocated by many writers and experts. The strength of Recharge in Minutes is that each idea is described in a single page or less. If one is depressed, it is difficult to read a long, detailed manual about what to do. Just a few minutes with this book can boost your mood.

I have used many of these methods to battle depression. When I'm depresed, I'm confused. I don't know where I'm going. I can't see the big picture. I need to get in touch with my inner self. This book reminds me of what me in the past and tells me what will help now.

These tools put you in touch with your soul. They can help you find your destiny, what you want to get out of life, and what you want your life to have meant to the world.

Many therapists have cited the benefit of writing in a journal. Rechange in Minutes gives you many things to write about. One method is to write a "dream letter" to a friend. You are to pretend it is 2 years from now, and you are to describing your ideal life.
on September 28, 2003
A few years ago I had the good fortune of meeting Dr. Suzanne Zoglio at a book signing/seminar based on her award-winning book ?Create a Life That Tickles Your Soul.? That book was a life changer and I am living a more purposeful and directed life as a result. But like many people, lately I?d been finding it hard to maintain motivation on a daily basis. The stress and pressure of working 24/7 would build up and then I?d feel drained. That was, until I read Recharge in Minutes. Dr. Sue?s ?Quick-Lift Method? showed me a whole new way to restore focus and energy fast?so life?s day-to-day challenges don?t accumulate.
This book of masterfully crafted one-pagers offers inspiration and practical tips for Finding Focus, Chilling Out, Revving Up, Discovering Courage, and many other ways to renew your enthusiasm?for work and for life. Recharge in Minutes includes 101 Quick-Lifts that take one to ten minutes?energizing ideas like ?Practice Morning Intent,? ?Do, Defer, or Delegate,? ?Watch for Miracles.? There are recharging ideas here for everyone?from soccer moms to CEOs, and the book is so reader-friendly, it?s easy to find a Quick-Lift that?s just right for your situation.
If you?ve got too much on your plate, feel drained at the end of the day, or simply want to boost your enthusiasm, read this book. It?ll show you how to make a habit of taking better breaks?any time, any place?breaks that restore some of the energy you?re expending on a daily basis!
Five brilliant stars *****
Reading Recharge in Minutes was an enjoyable activity since I was sitting out in the sun and that seems to "recharge" me physically. As I was introducing our new kitten to the deck, she slept happily in the sun. The scent of flowers in the planter lingered in the air and the clouds were slowly drifting by. "This is more of what I need in life," I thought.

This book will not only help you reduce stress in your life, it will also only take less than an hour to read. With pen in hand, I jotted down ideas like:

Instead of running away from home, sit out in the sun more often...
Stop the stress response through more exercise!
Goal: read one book a day or more if possible
Morning Intent - Decide to bless lives on a daily basis or make a difference instead of just making a "to do" list.
Eat more Belgium chocolate!
Listen to Thunderstorm CD while taking long baths...oh and buy more candles.
Decrease contact with energy sappers...
Avoid whirlpools of negativity!

Suzanne Zoglio also encourages you to write out your dreams. Where do you want to be in a year? What will you be doing? Where will you be living? Her book encourage you to solve the unsolvable, calm yourself down in times of stress (breathing techniques), take risks and find out what is important.

If you have noticed that your energy is often connected to your emotions, this book will be enlightening in that regard. Your emotional well being is very connected to your energy and just being around positive people can make you feel more energetic.

We all know that unmanaged stress is a major health risk. If you want more peace, passion and purpose, Suzanne Zoglio has ideas for being more assertive and setting boundaries. After reading this book I made an appointment for a facial. Life is short, the spa awaits.

~The Rebecca Review
on March 8, 2004
We used (and are still using) Recharge for our High Performance Leadership Team as a teaching/learning tool. Each member has his/her own copy (35 in all)to be used for reference. At team meetings people are sharing how they are using the many bits of advice found in Dr. Sue's wonderful book. With the reduced number of people and funds that seem to be a way of life anymore, it seemed as if our Leaders were getting sapped of their energy, trying to do more with less. Recharge opened our eyes to methods that really work... at work! We don't have to take a vacation get that recharge!
If you really want a recharge, have Dr. Sue personally deliver a mini-seminar on the subject. We did and the results are fantastic!
on September 29, 2003
It seems like everyone I know is trying to keep multiple plates spinning on the ends of sticks like the jugglers on Ed Sullivan years ago. We all keep racing from stick to stick as each plate wobbles and threatens to fall. This book is a treasure chest of easy-to-employ stress relievers that help us to break the racing-around cycle and relax/re-energize with a variety of clever 10-minute techniques. Let's face it, we're all so stressed, we need quick interventions, not things that create more stress because we have to make a big commitment of time, energy and money. Dr. Zoglio offers up 101 different tips that range from purely practical to zany and creative, so the book will appeal to many people. I think it's a great gift idea for co-workers because when a group reads it and tries some of the strategies, they can use them at work during high-stress times. I'm thinking that next time my work group hits a wall, everyone should go back to their work stations and use one of her tips, then re-group in a better frame of mind. Wouldn't it be great to come back relaxed and energized after only ten minutes? Also, I love Sue Zoglio's special insprirational quotes in each chapter; they're perfect to include in notes or email or put on your screen saver. Share this book with people you care about. Giving it will recharge you, and receiving it will recharge them!
on October 9, 2003
LOVE this new book!!! It offered so many new and different ways to address stress and relaxation. Zoglio has authored another very appealing book...just in time because my copy of Create a Life That Tickles Your Soul(a previous book) is getting a bit dog-eared. This is a great addition to my shelf. In fact, it's now with one of my HR people who saw it lying behind my desk and oh'd and ah'd over it. I keep it at my desk because at work is where I need it the most, so I often pick it up and read a page in a section that applies to the "stress of the day." If you ever need a quick lift during a busy day, purchase this book.
on September 21, 2003
Informatively written by psychologist Suzanne Zoglio (who is a life-balance expert and has been featured in numerous magazines), Recharge In Minutes: The Quick-Lift Way To Less Stress, More Success, And Renewed Energy! is an invigorating self-help book presenting ways anyone can take a few moments in course of their daily life to refocus themselves, concentrate their personal energies, and sustain their strength, inspiration, creativity, and endurance through long and difficult times or tasks. From building connections, to boosting confidence, learning to let off steam, and discovering the virtue of courage, Recharge In Minutes is an energetic and "reader friendly" source of advice for go-getters everywhere.
on October 28, 2003
Dr. Zoglio continues to inspire and provide new approaches to addressing daily challenges and opportunities. I have read this book several times and find myself applying the concepts across all areas of my life from the office to home and in re-creational activities. I consciously call on those Recharging 'minutes' if my enthusiasm or energy is waning in a situation - and I readily get my game face back. I'm using the ideas in this book as tools and as weapons. The book is clear and as always you can appreciate Dr. Zoglio's innovative style and ability to convey the message.
I also went back to the shelf and re-read Tickle Your Soul - the book that left me waiting for this one.
on March 5, 2008
Recharge in Minutes by Suzanne Zoglio, has 101 ways to rev up your focus, confidence, and energy. This book has ten easy-to-read chapters with titles and topics like Chapter 1 "I can't think straight" for finding mental focus, Chapter 3 "I'm OK...Just stuck in a rut" for revving up, Chapter 5 "I haven't got a clue" for inviting inspiration, Chapter 8:"If I'm so smart, why don't I know it" for boosting confidence, and Chapter 10 "Just my luck" for acknowledging abundance. Chapter 10 is also good for those `pity parties' and `why me' feelings.

Dr. Zoglio has done an outstanding job organizing each chapter into nine to eleven one page tips, called Quick Lifts for resolving the chapter's main issue. The chapters start with an explanation, followed by the list of the Quick Lift suggestions. Each Quick Lift has its own page with a brief statement and several action suggestions.

What I like about Recharge in Minutes is each of the 101 ways has several suggestions which are short to implement. One of Quick Lift 97, Share your bounty, suggestions is silently say a pray for someone who is facing a challenge. Another is share a funny story to someone who could use a cheer. All of the actions are quick and easy to implement and specifically designed to address the Quick Lift.

Recharge in Minutes is highly organized and efficiently written to deal with life's many problems. The 101 ways are useful for work or at home and simple to implement. It is organized and simple to reference the particular life problem and Quick Lift, making it an excellent book to keep around!
on August 9, 2007
Plenty of small exercises that function as small energy pills, boosting your energy, drive and enthusiasm. I only wish the book wasnt quite so slim.