Insten Rechargeable Battery/Charger Compatible With Wii Fit Balance Board
|Price:||$7.56 & FREE Shipping|
- Never run out of battery power when you are about to score the winning point on your wii fit
- Save money and protect the environment by using the rechargeable battery
- Plug into any USB port to recharge the battery
- Fits directly into the existing battery compartment of the Wii balance board
- Capacity: 700 mAh.Color: gray. Package includes: Rechargeable wii fit battery and USB charging cable. Accessory ONLY, Nintendo Wii Fit not included.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Installation is easy. Easier than putting in new AA batteries. It can only go in one way and it's relatively sturdy, so even if you try to put it in the wrong way, you'll probably not break it. You could if you really try, of course, but someone that determined is going to break it anyway. Once installed there's no real reason to take it out again until it eventually dies (as all batteries, mortals and love affairs must) so it shouldn't have a lot of wear & tear problems.
2. Other reviewers have said it didn't hold a charge very long, but I've used mine for 3+ hours at a session without recharging and had no problem. Charging it up did take a while, though. I wonder, did they let it fully charge before trying it? Sometimes the quality control of battery manufacturers can be a bit dicey, so it might be one or both of those things. IMO, given the price of this thing, it's worth rolling the dice on it. AA batteries can be comparably expensive unless you buy in bulk or steal them from the office.
3. Charging is easy: just plug the thing in. The Wii only has two USB ports, which is fine for most users. You can plug this thing into any USB port, though, so if you have a PC with a USB port that charges (sometimes they don't charge electronic devices all that well--the vagaries of USB ports are many...) an AC adapter or some other means you could use that and then you wouldn't have to unplug or Rockstar or whatever device. Once charged the LED turns from red to green.
4.Read more ›
Like other reviewers, no instructions. Also, the box was flimsy and banged up (not that I think that's the reason it doesn't work).
As a fairly analytic person, I tried the following to charge this contraption:
1. Plugging the USB into my computer without it being in the board (for 24 hours)...didn't work.
2. The same, but it being in the board...didn't work.
3. Plugging the USB into a brand new wall phone charger without it being in the board (for 24 hours)...didn't work.
4. The same, but it being in the board...didn't work.
5. Plugging the USB into my old Amazon Kindle charger...well, you get the idea...
This is a piece of junk, save your money and invest in rechargeable batteries or a bulk pack of cheap batteries. At least you'll be able to use your balance board.
If I could return, I absolutely would. I wish it worked...it's a great idea, just poor execution.
EDIT - after looking at the positive reviews, I thought maybe I missed something. My charger looks nothing like the charger in the pictures shown. There's no on/off switch on mine, nor does it stick out. It's flush to the machine. I forgot about the USB in the Wii itself, so I'm trying that as a last ditch effort while I wait for Amazon to send me some actual batteries.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
When I purchased this product I thought it would fit, because there was no mention of an upgrade . However, I was wrong and I pretty much wasted my money, because it was a hassle... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Knight
No problems with the product or service makes the experience uneventfulPublished 9 months ago by James R. Relaford
This holds a charge for a very long time. I love that it is rechargeable.Published 9 months ago by Michele D