5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected
Great LED candles. The specs say 10 hour life, but I can use them for over 18 hours. (I keep them on my altar.) They also charge fairly fast. The votives are cheap plastic... but for the price no big deal.

Shipping was fast too.
Published on November 18, 2011 by Godspeedbluesky

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little candles for the price
Published on January 17, 2012 by WhittTX

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little candles for the price, January 17, 2012
This review is from: LED Rechargeable Flameless Tea Light Candles with Difused Votives. Set of 4, By Lily's Home
Item arrived with no instructions but then their use is straight forward. The candles give off a fair amount of light with a "flicker" effect. Average quality. These have to be removed from their holders to charge which may be an issue for some. These are a good choice if you don't want to spend much to try out an led candle but I feel the Philips 818655 Imageo CandleLight sold here is a better item for the money. They have inductive charging so they remain in their holder and a tilt to turn on/off so much easier to use. Quality is much better also but then they are twice the price but that gets you the ease of use plus larger size.

2.0 out of 5 stars Compared to others - how does it rate?, November 21, 2012
I have purchased a few different candles like this over the last couple years and a great way to review something is to compare it to other items that are similar. Overall, here are the pros and the cons
Pros:
1) Provides a reasonable and realistic look when turned on.
2) Comes with an outside frosted type holder (about the size of a tall shot glass-give or take)

Cons:
1) You can't charge them in the votive/holder; you must remove them each time to set it on the charging pad. That doesn't seem very well thought out, or at the least just inconvenient. You shouldn't have to separate the parts to charge the battery, it would be easier to just "plug and go". I suppose you could drill a small hole in the bottom or something if you were feeling handy...but just something that I personally didn't like. Especially since you have to remove the tealight first, it can be a task if it is a tight fit. For example, I have large hands and my fingers don't fit easily inside the frosted holder to remove. So then logically, you turn it upside down, right? The fit is a little snug so it doesn't just slide out, after messing around with it for a while, it will slide out.
2) The battery life is inferior to many of the candles on the market. 10 hours is simply not very long - and when you want to start the morning out with them set up on your desk or counter, making it through the day isn't a reality if you're wanting them to stay lit. Truly only has about 9-11 hours of light (approx.). But for an LED light you would expect more - but more importantly the value becomes less than the others.

I give this product a C- grade overall because I think that it isn't as solid as other products like it on the market. For the money, it's about a C as well - shop around and you can find good deals. My thought is...if you are going to spend $15-$20 on this set, you could probably just purchase a set from your local hardware store and return them if you aren't happy. For a set very similar to this, Walmart offers them for about $10.

Thank you for looking into this review - I never buy without reading them!
GOOD LUCK and HAPPY LIGHTS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, November 18, 2011

Shipping was fast too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Candle Substitute, September 21, 2011
This battery operated candles are very nice, a little smaller than I expected but they give out a very soft light that flickers simulating a real candle makes for a very romantic setting...

2.0 out of 5 stars LED Votives, June 7, 2013
The votives are attractive, however two of the four LED's are defective and only light for 2-3 hours (supposed to be around 10 hours). I missed the thirty day return/exchange, so I called Lily's Home directly to see if they would exchange them. There was no answer on their 800 number. Great idea, but questionable quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Started great but..., March 4, 2013
I got a set of these for my bar and was impressed enough the first week that I picked up some more sets. Soon after, though, the lights started to fade and not take a charge. Of the 16 lights, 6 still work. The rest started failing after two weeks of use - 8 hours of use every night, well taken care of, no water damage, full day of charging on every light before use. Probably not the light for you if you're looking for reliability.

4.0 out of 5 stars Serves its purpose, January 29, 2013
Parker (New York City) - See all my reviews
I wasn't disappointed in the item, although I would have preferred if there were a piece of paper at least with instructions on it. Obviously the product is an inexpensive 'Made in China' product that isn't going to break any barriers for solid construction and longevity, but for the price it's decent. The tea light candles look MUCH better in the votives (even though they are made out of plastic, they have a nice frosted look to them).

Charging is a snap, but the candles don't seem to last TOO long (but they last long enough). I searched for similar items on Amazon and saw that there was a set of 12 very similar tea light rechargeables for sale. After being pleased with this product, I went ahead and purchased that item (I am pretty certain all these companies just rebrand these random candles from a random Chinese factory). Not to my surprise, the set of 12 was housed in the exact same boxes and the tea light candles were housed in the same plastic shrink wrap. Although both items were very similar, this set of 4 was of slightly better construction (and I mean SLIGHT) than the other product that was a set of 12. For the set of 12 I actually had to pull off plastic stemming off the ends of the votives because I noticed that they were not standing up straight properly when placed on a flat surface.

On the complete other end of the spectrum, I wonder about the Philips Imageo product which comes with 6 rechargeable tea light candles (it costs a TON more however). I'm sure that product is made in China as well, but I wonder what the construction is like. If I ever get my hands on a set, I'll post an update to this review. All in all, if you want a solid set of 4 tea light rechargeable candles, go for this product. One of the 4 tea light candles did always die out a lot faster than the other 3, which was annoying.

Update (3/19/13) - I have also purchased the Philips Imageo Tea light candles (comes with 6) and they are quite nice. The glass votives are well constructed but the rechargeable candles themselves feel only slightly better than these. What is convenient about the Philips is that there are no prongs you have to stick your candles to recharge and you turn on/off by tilting the candle 90 degrees (any direction). However with all of this said, I still recommend these because of the price tag. These are consistently about $15 on Amazon (and Amazon should update the product title so it doesn't say "By Lily's Home" because these are generic candles that many retailers here on Amazon have and sell. Also, the Philips candles fluctuate in price wildly - I was able to get them slightly cheaper than average, but right now it's $10 more than what I paid for. If money isn't a concern, get the Philips. If you don't want to spend too much but still want decent quality, get these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 19, 2013
Thought this would be a great idea for the laterns I have throughout the house... Not so much. They don't throw any light what-so-ever, and the plastic flame arrived broken off in 3 out of the 4 I purchased. All in all, great idea, lousy product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will order this product again., November 26, 2012
I will order more of this product. The only thing I would change is the number of candles allowed on each base. I have to plug them in all over the place due to the number of candles I am required to put in my lobby each night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great "candles", December 19, 2011
Great candles for the price, they charge quickly and last a long time. I love them! The diffusers are just plastic, but I didn't buy it for the diffusers. Love the flicker!

Rate and Discover Movies