5.0 out of 5 stars If you are very sick and the doctor has no answer for you
Published on March 23, 2006 by A. Kelley

2.0 out of 5 stars Bare bones eating
I am vegan /vegetarian but cannot get into what this book wants you to eat. The book was of no help to me at all.The recipes are unexciting and many are very time consuming.You can eat good healthy food and not deprive yourself of all that tastes good.
Published on May 25, 2009 by J. A. Scull

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are very sick and the doctor has no answer for you, March 23, 2006
A. Kelley (Bariloche, Argentina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recipes for Longer Life (Paperback)
or you just want to stay healthy, this is a book that should be in your collection. It is an old book that I recently ordered for my own daughter because of her two year bout with anemia, poor liver function, low immune system and other maladies at only age 38, for which several doctors could find no remedy. It may be old, but the methods outlined in it work as well today as they did for me five years ago.

Between the two of us (she and I), she was able to go completely on this program and has just received normal blood tests for the first time in over 2 years. The time to these normal results from start to finish was about 4 months. A short time considering the years it takes for us to ruin our own health by eating the standard American diet (known as the SAD) and living the stressful and less-than-healthy lifestyle.

In addition to the recipes in this book, Ann Wigmore explains the factors in our lifestyle that make us sick, and gives the natural remedies with explanations of why they work. And they do work. I myself recovered from so-called "normal" challenges of aging 5 years ago while following this program, including arthritis, high blood pressure, acid reflux and other maladies. I now require no medications for anything.

I highly recommend this book for those who want to return to wellness enough to be proactive and take responsibility for their own health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have book for tastey, vitally healthful natural food!, February 12, 1999
This review is from: Recipes for Longer Life (Paperback)
Learn the miracle of sprouted and fermented foods. Transform seeds, nuts and grains into nutritious and delicious sauces, cheeses and loafs. Excellent charts and how-to sections. Beautifully illustrated with upbeat language. A tremendous asset to my kitchen skills. I paid twice the price at the local store! Now I'll order Ann's other books from Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great raw recipe book!, July 23, 2006
This review is from: Recipes for Longer Life (Paperback)
This is the ultimate living foods recipe book in my opinion. The

not only shows you to to make over 100 easy recipes but also how to sprout. If one is looking for a raw food recipe book this is the book for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, but....., September 30, 2011
This review is from: Recipes for Longer Life (Paperback)
I have the utmost respect for Ann Wigmore because she was the one who started it all when it comes to a raw food diet. I wish I had known about her years ago. I have this book as well as others by Ann Wigmore, I also have videos of hers but I never use any of them.
Raw food recipes have come a long way since the Ann Wigmore days. Although many of them have gotten away from being as healthy as Ann's were, the recipes are much more palatable.
It is very difficult to jump into a lifestyle of raw and living foods with the recipes in this book.
I wouldn't take anything for my copy but don't really recommend to newbies because you may get discouraged if you try these. In just starting out I would recommend Annie Phyio or Matthew Kenney. Alissa Cohen is good if you like a lot of nuts and don't want to lose weight. Rhonda Malkmus is good if you just want to go 80% raw and the other being a healthy cooked 20%.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad to have something from Ann Wigmore, February 5, 2008
This review is from: Recipes for Longer Life (Paperback)
This book barely scratches the surface of what Ann has to offer, but it does give you some idea of the types of foods eaten on Ann's diet and her general approach to health. The food combining is not ideal in this book in comparison to what Ann settled on later in life, but Leola and Lalita (at the Ann Wigmore Institute in Puerto Rico) are currently working to update her recipes. As this is one of few books Ann wrote that is still in print, it's nice to have something of hers in its original form.

5.0 out of 5 stars Balanced Recipes for Optimal Living, May 26, 2009
occaligirl "rawgirllinois" (Calumet City, Il United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recipes for Longer Life (Paperback)
Ann Wigmore is a great wealth of information and a pioneer in healthy living and vegan diets. Anyone no matter your diet can incorporate more vegetables, juices or smoothies into their diet. This book provides great information about all three along with recommended complete changes if you are desiring a radical change. I would say no matter who you are this is a great read and can provide some good healthy living information to add to your existing diet. Good resource for conditions i.e. diabetics, weight gain or loss, yeast overgrowth etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY This Book!!, June 10, 2008
BMoH "IGoGreen" (LostInMiddleAmerica) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recipes for Longer Life (Paperback)
This is an amazing book. It's very richly illustrated and gives invaluable information. Ann Wigmore is fantastic and if you REALLY want a better quality of life this is for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes For longer life, August 16, 2012
This review is from: Recipes for Longer Life (Paperback)
This book is it-if you cannot purchase anymore books for raw foods and information on health-get this one it will save the day.I have lots of books and this one answered all my questions on the first 4 pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this author!, July 14, 2007
Dawn M. Thomsen Minenga (Omaha, NE United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recipes for Longer Life (Paperback)
I love this author so anything by her is fantastic! Book was in fantastic condition also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living Foods is AMAZING, April 21, 2013
This review is from: Recipes for Longer Life (Paperback)
This book is for the very serious practitioner. It is highly informative and one of the only books of its kind. My one complaint is that some of the instructions are not totally clear, but it encourages trial and error and making it your own. Overall the book is worth its weight in gold for the incredible benefits the diet and information has brought to my life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Recipes for Longer Life
Recipes for Longer Life by Ann Wigmore (Paperback - August 1, 1978)
$16.00 $10.66