Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on March 24, 2001
This is a great cookbook! The reason I only gave it 4 stars is becaus the cookbook is bound in a regular book format so it is very difficult to place on the counter top or in a recipe hook holder when you cook. The original version was spiral bound which was great! All cookbooks should come spiral bound!!! My two primary cookbooks in the kitchen are this one and More With Less (which incidently is actually spiral bound)!
on October 26, 2010
This is a book that I have bought three times now over a period of many years, as a gift and replacement for a copy lent and not returned. Two of the copies have been bought through Amazon, and I have been more than happy with the condition of the product and the delivery time.
on May 27, 2013
I am allergic to dairy so it has been wonderful! to eliminate it from my life. "Diet for a Small Planet" taught me long ago that we can feed the whole world with the grain USA feeds to cows. That means a lot when 65% of Americans are obese. I would give this a 5-star rating, except for the dairy in the dishes. Thanks very much!
on July 27, 2010
I've owned this book for decades and have made a few of the recipes dozens of times.

I have the spiral bound version and, while the binding is fine, the paper is very poor and many of the pages in mine are rotten with age and falling to bits.

I would be happy to pay real money for a new edition printed on thick glossy durable paper and spiral bound. This can be done! Alternatively, a .pdf version that I could print off myself at home would be nice to have.

As mentioned by others, just because a recipe is vegetarian doesn't mean it's low fat or low in empty calories from refined sugar. I'm not a vegan but don't use butter and very seldom use eggs. 15 years ago, I used egg substitute from the bulk food store but I don't bother any more. Some recipes just need real eggs.

Some of the ingredients listed are hard to find. I've never run across "soy grits" anywhere.
on October 12, 2013
I purchased this book because I used to have it and lost it. It had been years since I had access to it and had forgotten what all was in there. I was pleased to have it again and I can say that, for the most part, these recipes are healthy and tasty. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to put a few more healthy recipes into their diet.
on March 7, 2016
I've been looking for this book for years, and was amazed to find it on Amazon. My favorite black bean soup is back on the menu!