5.0 out of 5 stars 40 days to a better you

Published 9 months ago by Ann C Cuddy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 40 days to a better you, March 3, 2014
Kimberly T. Ferland (Ephrata, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reclaim Your Soul: Your Journey to Personal Empowerment (Paperback)
This book is a serious study guide to help the reader work through their own personal issues in their life to empower them to find contentment. The author starts with a way to examine your life and explore God’s plan for you. Cindy doesn't presume to know what your path is – merely, she gives you the tools you need to find your own answers. The rest of the book is broken up into 40 days – each day is a lesson or discipline to study and apply to your life. Each day ends with a summary of the discipline and a bible verse. It is a wonderful tool for anyone feeling dissatisfied with their path. So many of us need to learn to be more resilient and this book is a perfect way to transition your life into a more resilient and satisfying one. I loved the “personal contract” at the end of the book. I think it would also be a great couples study guide.
I received this book from bookfun.org in exchange for my honest review

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical tools for right relationships, March 13, 2014
Joan N. "bookwomanJoan" (Whidbey Island, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Trimm wants to give us the tools we need to change our thinking, creating new ways of having right relationships. This book is the follow up to The 40 Day Soul Fast, a book about embracing our true identity and being an authentic person. Once we know who we are in Christ, this book helps us live the life God desires for us with new habits and behavior patterns.

This is an eight week study on the actual mechanics of emotional attachments, how they are formed, and how we can recognize and sever those that oppose the welfare of our soul. The study is divided into 40 days, with 40 disciplines – tools for developing a resilient life, the life we've always wanted.

Trimm begins with an overview of the soul and the importance of rewiring the mind. The first half of the study concentrates on the different kinds of soulish attachments (natural and emotional) that need to be broken or healed. The second four weeks cover the key principles and essential practices necessary for a resilient life.

I was impressed with this book. Trimm gives very practical ideas on how to identify detrimental relationships and then be free from them. I was a little hesitant with respect to her teaching on “soul ties,” but what she said makes sense. “What you invest energy in is what you tie your soul to, both positively and negatively.” (80)

How some of these relationships are formed may surprise people. For example, body piercings and tattoos are symbols that represent soul attachments. “They are indications that you have submitted your body, and therefore your life, to something other than God. They represent a form of worship.” (116) Memberships in organizations, business partnerships, etc., are also potentially harmful.

If you want to identify what relationships and attachments might be keeping you from being the person you know you are supposed to be, this book will really help you.

I received a complimentary copy of this book through the Book Group Network for the purpose of this independent and honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, March 3, 2014
Shai (Norfolk, NE, United States) - See all my reviews
Reclaim Your Soul is the first of Cindy Trimm’s books that I’ve read and I was pleasantly surprised. It has a wealth of knowledge about examining personal behaviors and relationships. She offers an informational section and a 40 day progressive plan to move toward a healthy, godly life. I really enjoyed the way Ms. Trimm uses biblical insight, scripture and quotes from a variety of people throughout the book to establish her views. The 40 day plan is not lengthy and convoluted so it can be realistically accomplished.
Each day offers a section to work on (i.e. Pursue a Renewed Mind) along with a Power Point and a Power Thought. The Power Points offer practical methods that a person can implement throughout the study. In addition, Ms. Trimm utilizes quotes from various people in the Power Thoughts. It does have some meatier areas that can easily require rereading and intensive thought.
Overall, it is a good book with practical application. I received this book from the Book Club Network in exchange for my honest opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reclaim Your Soul, February 26, 2014
“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. (3Jn 2). Have you ever wondered… If everyone wants to succeed, why do so few people become successful? Can certain relationship patterns prevent me from stepping in my destiny? Are there habits or behaviors in my life that keep me from fulfilling my purpose? Develop the skills you need to succeed in life! While (the Authors’ first book) The 40 day Soul Fast focused on the 40 characteristics of an authentic person… Reclaim Your Soul focuses on the 40 behaviors of a resilient person.”

Reclaim Your Soul – Your Journey to Personal Empowerment- is the second installment in the “Soul Series” penned by this author. This book focuses on reclaiming our soul from destructive and unhealthy “soul ties” we have adopted in the past, by daily building a new set of life skills that empower new habits and behaviors. These new habits and behaviors help us to create a foundation for living the life of your dreams by the renewing of your mind.

This book is divided into two parts. Part 1 “The Power That Works In You” describes God’s Plan A, You by Divine Design and the Power To Change. Part 2 – “The Road to Resiliency: 40 Disciples of a Resilient Person: is an eight week study on confronting our Natural, Emotional, Relational Soul Ties and Dysfunctional Relationships. Once confronted, we begin to Break the Cycle and Build New Boundaries. The study concludes with Encountering Christ and Reclaiming Your Soul.

While this book does rely, and stand, on Biblical Scriptures, the author does mix quotes and thinking from New Age Guru’s, Thinkers and Philosophers. To me, that was at times confusing and I found it unsettling.

This book contains a significant amount of information that could be overwhelming– depending on your perception of the condition of your soul – (in my opinion) and might require a second or third read to absorb all that it contains.

*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through the “For Readers Only” group at The Book Club Network, in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

*Reviews of this book were posted at the following locations:
Barnes & Noble, Deeper Shopping, Goodreads, and on my blog at [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Reclaim Your Life, July 22, 2014
Fran (Newport News, VA United States) - See all my reviews
l“Relationships are a key factor that either propel us forward toward resiliency or hold us back from fulfilling our destiny.”

We have all heard of toxic relationships and dysfunctional families, but do you understand how these work to claim your soul and keep you from being all that you can be?

“Reclaim Your Soul” by Cindy Trimm explains how these things can claim your soul, then teaches you how to reclaim your soul and live the life you were meant to live.

Cindy begins with the power that works inside you, explaining the life God planned for you and the power within you to make the changes necessary to travel God’s path for you.

In part two – the Road to Resiliency – you learn 40 disciplines of a resilient person, learning how to release the negative influences in your life and move to the positive.

This book had a positive effect on me, I hope it will help everyone as much as it has help me.

I did receive a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transforming your life, September 17, 2014
This amazing book is all about transformation. Brings awareness to each reader on barriers and conflicts in ones self and how to untie and shake off strong holds. An extraordinary step by step guide to transform ones spiritual life. It also allows you to see who you are and unlocks the prospect on who you can be. It's not a "quick"read, but it is easy to read. I feel refreshed as I reclaim my soul. Thank you Cindy for allowing The Bookclub Network to put this book in my hands to review for free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Empowerment Guide, May 24, 2014
Cindy Trimm is a wonderful writer, motivator, and empowerer. Her Godly insights and challenges have the ability to change a person, willing to take this journey with her. She identifies relationships, behaviors, and choices that are harmful to the soul and prevent living a successful, Godly, purposeful life. She shares how to reclaim your soul every day and provides wisdom, guidance, and strategies to be the best person that you can be. Each chapter begins with a scripture quote or a quote from a well-known person such as "The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine."--Mike Murdock. Power points and power thoughts reinforce the chapter focus: "Your attitude is everything when it comes to living a resilient lifestyle..." and "You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind."--Joyce Meyer. This is a book/resource that one can read and review frequently and gain valuable help for living a successful life. I highlighted and underscored so many helpful, encouraging words such as "Boundaries are essential for loving and looking after your own self." I highly recommend this insightful book and want to read the other three Destiny Image Books by Trimm. This would make an excellent group study also. I received this book through TBCN in exchange for an honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars soul, April 28, 2014
This book is a study guide to help you reclaim your soul from bad soul ties. God wants us to take our soul back from soul ties that where made in bad choices in our past. Our only tie should be with God. People sometimes try to claim us and try to run your lives the way they want it to be. God has a plan for our lives and we are to follow it. Read and study the word and let God be your guide and you will have freedom in your soul, mind and body.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Dr. Cindy Trimm's books!!, April 17, 2014
Dr. Cindy Trimm's books are always full of wonderful insights!! This book has been helpful in evaluating those in my circle and how to be the best me I can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, April 12, 2014
Reclaim Your Soul by Cindy Trimm is very thought-provoking. It is the second in the series. It focuses on the 40 behaviors of a resilient person. The information can be overwhelming at time. But if taken in chunks,thought about, it then makes sense. There is biblical verse and examples backing each behavior. This would make an excellent group bible study book.
I recieved this book from bookfun.org in exchange for my honest opinion.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Reclaim Your Soul: Your Journey to Personal Empowerment
Reclaim Your Soul: Your Journey to Personal Empowerment by Cindy Trimm (Paperback - March 18, 2014)
$16.99 $13.61