Reclaim Your Soul: Your Journey to Personal Empowerment
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$13.11 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 4, 2014
This book is a serious study guide to help the reader work through their own personal issues in their life to empower them to find contentment. The author starts with a way to examine your life and explore God’s plan for you. Cindy doesn't presume to know what your path is – merely, she gives you the tools you need to find your own answers. The rest of the book is broken up into 40 days – each day is a lesson or discipline to study and apply to your life. Each day ends with a summary of the discipline and a bible verse. It is a wonderful tool for anyone feeling dissatisfied with their path. So many of us need to learn to be more resilient and this book is a perfect way to transition your life into a more resilient and satisfying one. I loved the “personal contract” at the end of the book. I think it would also be a great couples study guide.
I received this book from bookfun.org in exchange for my honest review
on March 14, 2014
Trimm wants to give us the tools we need to change our thinking, creating new ways of having right relationships. This book is the follow up to The 40 Day Soul Fast, a book about embracing our true identity and being an authentic person. Once we know who we are in Christ, this book helps us live the life God desires for us with new habits and behavior patterns.

This is an eight week study on the actual mechanics of emotional attachments, how they are formed, and how we can recognize and sever those that oppose the welfare of our soul. The study is divided into 40 days, with 40 disciplines – tools for developing a resilient life, the life we've always wanted.

Trimm begins with an overview of the soul and the importance of rewiring the mind. The first half of the study concentrates on the different kinds of soulish attachments (natural and emotional) that need to be broken or healed. The second four weeks cover the key principles and essential practices necessary for a resilient life.

I was impressed with this book. Trimm gives very practical ideas on how to identify detrimental relationships and then be free from them. I was a little hesitant with respect to her teaching on “soul ties,” but what she said makes sense. “What you invest energy in is what you tie your soul to, both positively and negatively.” (80)

How some of these relationships are formed may surprise people. For example, body piercings and tattoos are symbols that represent soul attachments. “They are indications that you have submitted your body, and therefore your life, to something other than God. They represent a form of worship.” (116) Memberships in organizations, business partnerships, etc., are also potentially harmful.

If you want to identify what relationships and attachments might be keeping you from being the person you know you are supposed to be, this book will really help you.

I received a complimentary copy of this book through the Book Group Network for the purpose of this independent and honest review.
on February 26, 2014
“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. (3Jn 2). Have you ever wondered… If everyone wants to succeed, why do so few people become successful? Can certain relationship patterns prevent me from stepping in my destiny? Are there habits or behaviors in my life that keep me from fulfilling my purpose? Develop the skills you need to succeed in life! While (the Authors’ first book) The 40 day Soul Fast focused on the 40 characteristics of an authentic person… Reclaim Your Soul focuses on the 40 behaviors of a resilient person.”

Reclaim Your Soul – Your Journey to Personal Empowerment- is the second installment in the “Soul Series” penned by this author. This book focuses on reclaiming our soul from destructive and unhealthy “soul ties” we have adopted in the past, by daily building a new set of life skills that empower new habits and behaviors. These new habits and behaviors help us to create a foundation for living the life of your dreams by the renewing of your mind.

This book is divided into two parts. Part 1 “The Power That Works In You” describes God’s Plan A, You by Divine Design and the Power To Change. Part 2 – “The Road to Resiliency: 40 Disciples of a Resilient Person: is an eight week study on confronting our Natural, Emotional, Relational Soul Ties and Dysfunctional Relationships. Once confronted, we begin to Break the Cycle and Build New Boundaries. The study concludes with Encountering Christ and Reclaiming Your Soul.

While this book does rely, and stand, on Biblical Scriptures, the author does mix quotes and thinking from New Age Guru’s, Thinkers and Philosophers. To me, that was at times confusing and I found it unsettling.

This book contains a significant amount of information that could be overwhelming– depending on your perception of the condition of your soul – (in my opinion) and might require a second or third read to absorb all that it contains.

*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through the “For Readers Only” group at The Book Club Network, in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

*Reviews of this book were posted at the following locations:
Barnes & Noble, Deeper Shopping, Goodreads, and on my blog at [...]
on March 3, 2014
Reclaim Your Soul is the first of Cindy Trimm’s books that I’ve read and I was pleasantly surprised. It has a wealth of knowledge about examining personal behaviors and relationships. She offers an informational section and a 40 day progressive plan to move toward a healthy, godly life. I really enjoyed the way Ms. Trimm uses biblical insight, scripture and quotes from a variety of people throughout the book to establish her views. The 40 day plan is not lengthy and convoluted so it can be realistically accomplished.
Each day offers a section to work on (i.e. Pursue a Renewed Mind) along with a Power Point and a Power Thought. The Power Points offer practical methods that a person can implement throughout the study. In addition, Ms. Trimm utilizes quotes from various people in the Power Thoughts. It does have some meatier areas that can easily require rereading and intensive thought.
Overall, it is a good book with practical application. I received this book from the Book Club Network in exchange for my honest opinion.
on March 11, 2014
Cindy Trimm in her new book, “Reclaim Your Soul” published by Destiny Image Publishers, Inc. brings us Your Journey to Personal Empowerment.

From the back cover: Stop just surviving…and start thriving!

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. (3 John 1:2 NKJV)

Have you ever wondered...…
If everyone wants to succeed, why do so few people become successful?
Can certain relationship patterns prevent me from stepping into my destiny?

Develop the skills you need to succeed in life! While The 40 Day Soul Fast focused on the 40 characteristics of an authentic person, now bestselling author and empowerment specialist, Dr. Cindy Trimm delivers her follow-up—Reclaim Your Soul, which focuses on the 40 behaviors of a resilient person.

Learn how to:
� Identify destructive relationships in your life and break free from their harmful impact
� Avoid unhealthy emotional attachments and shield your soul from possible damage
� Unlock your potential and refuse to settle for anything or anyone that pulls you away from fulfilling your purpose

Successful people are resilient people. The key to resiliency is learning how to reclaim your soul each and every day!

The Dictionary defines resilient as, “able to become strong, healthy, or successful again after something bad happens” and “able to return to an original shape after being pulled, stretched, pressed, bent”. Think of a trampoline. It is stretched tight-that is its shape. Then someone jumps on it. It bulges down then snaps back to its original shape as it ejects the person that jumped on it. In two parts: Part One: The Power That Works In You and Part Two: The Road To Resiliency: 40 Disciplines Of A Resilient Person Cindy Trimm explores what we were meant to be and the power we have to become that person and gives us eight weeks of training to become resilient. This is an excellent resource to clear ourselves of the junk that the world throws at us as to who and what we are. It is time we embraced the real truth and ejected all the debris that is cluttering our lives. ”Reclaiming Your Soul” is the book for us that we can refer to over and over again.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Destiny Image Publishers, Inc.. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
“Reclaim Your Soul” is made up of two parts. Part One describes the power that works in us through:

• God’s unique plan for us as an individual
• God’s design for us in the spiritual and physical realms
• The power to change
• Righting Relationships

Part Two is made up of 40 disciplines that lead to resiliency. These disciplines are designed to help the reader in an adventure of self-discovery, establishing identity, and developing behaviors and habits essential to living a truly resilient life style.

Trim helps the reader understand how destructive relationships, negative perceptions, and unhealthy emotional attachments hinder spiritual growth, undermine self-worth, make it impossible to be the person God intended and to fulfil His life purpose for an individual.

Each power packed chapter begins and ends with a promise from Scripture a power quote from a recognized leader or a reflective quote from a well-known spiritual giant. Trimm has an amazing gift for communicating spiritual understanding and Biblical teaching into practical principles for empowerment. She writes with conviction, passion, and authority.

“Reclaim Your Soul: Your Journey to Personal Empowerment” is must reading for anyone wanting to successfully live out their God ordained purpose.

A complimentary copy of this book was provided for review purposes. The opinions expressed are my own.
on May 24, 2014
Cindy Trimm is a wonderful writer, motivator, and empowerer. Her Godly insights and challenges have the ability to change a person, willing to take this journey with her. She identifies relationships, behaviors, and choices that are harmful to the soul and prevent living a successful, Godly, purposeful life. She shares how to reclaim your soul every day and provides wisdom, guidance, and strategies to be the best person that you can be. Each chapter begins with a scripture quote or a quote from a well-known person such as "The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine."--Mike Murdock. Power points and power thoughts reinforce the chapter focus: "Your attitude is everything when it comes to living a resilient lifestyle..." and "You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind."--Joyce Meyer. This is a book/resource that one can read and review frequently and gain valuable help for living a successful life. I highlighted and underscored so many helpful, encouraging words such as "Boundaries are essential for loving and looking after your own self." I highly recommend this insightful book and want to read the other three Destiny Image Books by Trimm. This would make an excellent group study also. I received this book through TBCN in exchange for an honest review.
on July 22, 2014
l“Relationships are a key factor that either propel us forward toward resiliency or hold us back from fulfilling our destiny.”

We have all heard of toxic relationships and dysfunctional families, but do you understand how these work to claim your soul and keep you from being all that you can be?

“Reclaim Your Soul” by Cindy Trimm explains how these things can claim your soul, then teaches you how to reclaim your soul and live the life you were meant to live.

Cindy begins with the power that works inside you, explaining the life God planned for you and the power within you to make the changes necessary to travel God’s path for you.

In part two – the Road to Resiliency – you learn 40 disciplines of a resilient person, learning how to release the negative influences in your life and move to the positive.

This book had a positive effect on me, I hope it will help everyone as much as it has help me.

I did receive a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
on December 30, 2014
I loved this book. I bought mine at a store, but wanted to review here. This was a new author for me, but I have since purchased her other books. I was a bit hesitant that it would be geared to women, but that was not the case with this particular book. She doesn't say anything most of us don't already know, but she has a fun way of reminding us. Her style made me feel as if I was having a convo and coffee with her. She isn't "preachy" like some in this genre. Guys, give her books a try. I also recommend her book, Commanding Your Morning.
on September 18, 2014
This amazing book is all about transformation. Brings awareness to each reader on barriers and conflicts in ones self and how to untie and shake off strong holds. An extraordinary step by step guide to transform ones spiritual life. It also allows you to see who you are and unlocks the prospect on who you can be. It's not a "quick"read, but it is easy to read. I feel refreshed as I reclaim my soul. Thank you Cindy for allowing The Bookclub Network to put this book in my hands to review for free.