4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth your time and money! An awesome book!
I definitely like this book A LOT! I loved the characters and again I'm impressed by how RL can make them so real, they are 'normal' people with all their quirks and habits. They make the story that more believable and realistic.
I'm also a big fan of the setup of these books, for some reason that really appeals to me.

The reason I gave this book 4 stars...
Published on February 6, 2012 by Lieve Van den Heuvel

I've read other books by the same author, and I've noticed a constant scenario so far - alpha male character couldn't be bothered at first with the somewhat diminutive, timid female character. But, alas, they are forced upon each other by unexpected circumstances, which of course encourage their attraction to each other. Blah, blah, blah until the happy ending...
Published 23 months ago by Charm

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth your time and money! An awesome book!, February 6, 2012
This review is from: A Reclusive Heart (A Hollywood Heart Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

The reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 is simply because there are some minor things in this book that I personally feel were just a bit over the top :) Certain terms kept coming back just one time too many for my taste :) And I also feel that maybe the chocolate addiction could have been a more continuous theme throughout the whole book (not just the second half). But I have to say these small things didn't make the book less enjoyable for me. I read it in one day! It was a long time since I managed to read a book in one day but this one I simply couldn't put down!

Definitely worth your time and money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!!!, May 4, 2012
I started this book last night and pretty much HAD to read it straight through! Another FAB book from R.L Mathewson..who I picture wearing some sort of wonder woman outfit holding a chocolate bar in one hand and a chocolate shake in the other (am thinking after reading this one she may just have a wee bit of a sweet tooth LOL) because she just delivers every single time I start one of her books!!

This one is about Nick and Jamie. Nick is the bad boy from "A Humble Heart" and I was so happy to have his story because I've been crushing on him since then, yes he is a womanizing love 'em and leave 'em kind of guy but whatever, he had me hooked!! (oh and you get why he is like this..)!!

Jamie is a very shy, clumsy and frumpy girl (but if you've been knocked down as much as her you can't really blame her). She sells her company and goes to work for the same company as Nick who ends up being her editor. He is a frustrating RUDE boy thinking to use her to further his career and some of the stuff he says in front of her..well he deserves a good bitch slap! But..actually make that a BUT....he totally redeems himself...TOTALLY!!!!

The talented way this story is written makes the characters so REAL that you get completely drawn into the story and you FEEL the emotions. It had everything to make this a really fabulous read (including yummy bits)!!

Oh and let's not forget the humor...Jamie's lists are beyond funny!! The chocolate addiction... yep HILARIOUS!!! I actually cried with laughter through the scene (won't spoil it) where Nick says: "You're willing to whore me out for chocolate?"

This book has yet again proven to me that R.L Mathewson is absolutely one of my favorite authors!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, April 30, 2012
I'm so happy to have discovered this very talented author. A Reclusive Heart is a very beautiful and well written story. The romance is realistic and did not seem rushed at all. I liked this one better than A Humble Heart since that one just seemed too perfect and cheesy. I loved Nick and Jamie and Nick's protectiveness towards her. Given the price of the book, it's worth every cent and more. This is a full length story and not a 100 page one. If you liked this one, I would also recommend her Neighbor From Hell Series.

3.0 out of 5 stars a light and easy read, with hot spicy scenes as most romances go, August 11, 2012

In saying that, however, there hasn't been lack of good humor and witty dialogue in this book, as in the others, so I lol'd quite a bit, also muttered quite a few awww's, too at the lovey dovey bits. It was enjoyable, go for it if you just want a fun, light read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow mover and repetitive, April 17, 2013
"His little recluse" ... I got tired of hearing that phrase after only the first few chapters. Then to have to read it over and over again was a slow torture.
Very slow moving book in the beginning but then picked up. However, it became so ridiculous to read.
A 30 some woman writing romance novels but so obviously out of touch with the reality of love. Her watching the videos with her juvenile comments was crazy. Her under the covers attempt while watching a tutorial on her cell phone was just plain stupid.
The neighbor's reasons for why they disliked her - again, so far fetched.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awfully disappointing, March 20, 2013
With high ratings I thought this book would be MUCH better than it was. The character of Jamie was just so drippy and pathetic I couldn't stand it and so when she started being "stronger" it just wasn't believeable. I was so annoyed by Nick repeatedly calling her "his little recluse"... gag. In the end I just didn't care about them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, November 18, 2012
This is a good book once you get into it. It is the second book in the series and being that the first (a humble heart) was absolutely fantastic I had high expectations of this one being just as good. Unfortunately for me it didn't quite get there but it was still a good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, January 9, 2013
I've read a few of R.L. Mathewsons books I really enjoyed this one a lot! Even cried a little.
Jamie is painfully shy so sweet and loves chocolate like me! :) I thought it was a very sweet story loved Nick so clueless but loving alpha male but oh so so sweet and tender with Jamie. Love the ending all the hot steamy sex scenes R.L writes are always perfect not too much just the right amount of steamy.
Looking forward to more.

4.0 out of 5 stars A page turner, October 17, 2012
This is definatley my favourite in the Hollywood hearts stories thus far. I had a good laugh at nick in book 1 but thought he was a little to full on....boy was I wrong in this book we get nicks story and see why he is like he is. Jaime...what a cutie, you loved to love her. This is a wonderful story and well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot romances scenes, sassy characters, & a suspense thriller all rolled into one. What a great read!!!, August 25, 2012
I loved everything about this book. The author made me fell as if I were right there, watching this whole story unfold before my very own eyes. When the story started I wasn't really sure where the author was taking the story, but about 3/4 the way through I thought I had it all figured out. Boy, was I ever wrong.

I felt so bad for Jamie when her family turned on her like they did, but I should have known better by the way they treated her while she was growing up. But the things that came next really shocked me. Even right up to the last few pages the author was still throwing out all kinds of twists and turns.

And Nick? I got such a big kick out him trying to keep Jamie from her chocolate fixes. What kind of man does that? A very brave man! I loved the way he tried to keep things on a professional level, while trying to deny his feelings for Jamie at the same time. Too bad he lost the battle, then again maybe not. He was so tender and understanding of Jamie the whole time, even when she tried his patience more then any one person I know of.

This is one book you won't want to miss.

Would I recommend this book? Yes, most definitely!

Rate and Discover Movies