Customer Discussions > Rocksmith Guitar And Bass forum

Recommended Guitars to Use

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 18, 2012 5:22:05 AM PDT
KAI CHI says:
please list guitars used during testing. let us know the brand and model that worked well.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:08:21 AM PST
AndyL says:
I used my Steinberger Spirit. It was OK when used with either Humbucker. Single coil couldn't be heard by the software (it is quieter)...

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:28:58 PM PST
Duane says:
Rocksmith says any guitar will work. But... I'll say any guitar that will make sound when plugged into an amplifier. I'm using a guitar that looks like a Stratocaster but I built it myself.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:14:07 PM PST
Nestor says:
My low budget "Ibanez PF Series PF5ECE Dreadnought Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural" works very well.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 10:09:51 PM PST
E. Gutierrez says:
Works well with Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 10:03:38 AM PST
Eric Frost says:
Would an acoustic guitar with a mic/adapter work OK or should I not bother to even try?
e.g. with something like this -- niceEshop Piezo Contact Microphone Pickup For Guitar Violin Banjo Ukulele OUD
Would anyone recommend a particular adapter?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 10:11:59 PM PST
Nestor says:
Eric, not sure what you mean by adapter (and please don't be insulted if you already know everything I'm about to say--just trying to help). You must use Ubisoft's proprietary $30 cable to plug your guitar into your Xbox, PS3, or PC. Thankfully, the same cable works across all three platforms. The rule of thumb is that if it's a working guitar that can be plugged into an amp and produce sound, it'll work with Rocksmith. However, some guitars produce more undesirable distortion within the game than others. Looks like this thread was created to help identify how well various guitars performed.

Posted on May 7, 2013 6:52:41 AM PDT
Scott Shorey says:
Works good with my Les Paul Goldtop but the lead pickup is not very loud. Not sure why as this should be the hotter pickup. I am going to try it with my other guitars including a single coil strat to see how well that works.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2013 4:43:56 PM PDT
Liv2xplore says:
I believe (for any future people reading this, it's a 9 month old post at this time) that it requires a magnetic pick up to work properly.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Sep 18, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rocksmith Guitar And Bass
Rocksmith Guitar And Bass by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / Vista)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (324)