Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 30, 2011
This banjo exceeded my expectations. The inlay on the peghead and neck is beautiful and the entire banjo is great looking. Plus it sounds fantastic - makes me a better player. One of my musician friends even commented that she didn't know I was that good a banjo picker until she heard me play this one (I'm not sure if that was a compliment).

I am extremely happy with this purchase.
on April 15, 2014
I'm no banjo expert but I have been playing guitar for over 30 years. When I decided to start learning bluegrass banjo I did a ton of research and found a lot of people talking about this Recording Kind model as a good starting banjo. Trying to learn on a instrument that is TOO cheaply-made is never good, so this is a good place to start. Nice quality and tone at a decent price. I had a professional do the final setup as soon as it arrived, which you should do with any instrument. I've had a lot of fun playing this. Very happy with this purchase for my first (maybe only) banjo purchase.
on November 6, 2012
I've had this banjo for almost a year and it is fantastic. For the money, I think it is the best "beginner" banjo on the market. It has great tone & volume and is a knock out visually. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it and my banjo instructor loves the tone of it. You will not regret buying this.
on October 8, 2014
I bought this banjo not expecting too much but when I got it and started playing it I knew it was worth what I paid and more. This banjo is great I would pay about 750 for this banjo the tone is great for any beginner to intermediate player
on August 6, 2012
My husband wanted a new banjo. We purchased this together. He loves it. It is a quality instrument. The delivery was quick and the pricing was in a good range. Thank you.
on December 29, 2011
This banjo is beautiful. The only problem has been with the tuning key on the G string. It slips and will not stay in position. Shipped quickly.
After having the instrument set up at a local music store for 10 bucks, the tuning peg issue was not a problem...just my lack of knowledge :) LOVE this instrument.
on December 26, 2013
Christmas morning, biggest gift that was highly anticipated for months....NO bridge. He couldn't play it without the bridge. I am working on correcting this error now. Hopefully it will be remedied quickly.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2011
This banjo rocks. Arrived ready to go out of the box. Can now flawlessly play the opening sequence of Duelling Banjos, which is an odd title since I've always heard a guitar as the opposing instrument in every single recording. By hey, who cares? Have teeth or lack of 'em, will travel. Buy it.