5.0 out of 5 stars Eat Compulsively? Here's Help
I just discovered Recovery Meditations: One Day at a Time, a book that deals head-on with compulsive overeating.

It does this in a very unique, effective, authoritative, and easily accessible manner.

Published on June 25, 2011 by Pete M. Mann

3.0 out of 5 stars Daily Meditations Dealing with Food Issues
This book is average as far as the meditations. I have read quite a few 12 step meditation books that I thought were better, and ministered to me in a more simple spiritual way. It is okay. I was hoping for something more than I have already read.
Published 19 months ago by karrenk

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat Compulsively? Here's Help, June 25, 2011
Pete M. Mann (Wilkesboro, NC USA) - See all my reviews

The sponsoring group calls it's self The Recovery Group. It exists online and offers recovery meetings for those among us who have a problem with food. The meetings happen every 3 hours around the clock, around the calendar.

Part of their efforts to deal with compulsive eating have included writing daily meditations for distribution via email to group members. Thankfully, they have taken the next step and compiled the meditations in a very practical, attractive, and easy to use book.

Each page of the book contains a single meditation, beginning with January 1, and going through December 31.

All of the meditations focus on coping with compulsive eating. Each entry is written by a recovering compulsive overeater.

It is this fact that makes the meditations particularly useful. These folks are not doctors, psychologists, or diet gurus. They are people who have found a way to cope successfully with food issues and to regain control of what, when, and how they eat.

It's worth noting that the book is incredibly well done, meaning it is user friendly and very appealing. The layout is sophisticated and actually beautiful.

Yes, I'm liking this book very much and I look forward to reading my way through it again and again..."one day at a time."

5.0 out of 5 stars Real and Inspirational, July 16, 2011
The topics, quotes and meditations are so real and inspirational in this little book! It is like being at a meeting. The writings are unique and poignant and speak to the heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recovery meditations, February 1, 2012
I bought this book after joined some of The Recovery Group's email loops where it was recommended. This book contains some wonderful daily daily readings from members of The Recovery Book which is for anyone who is a compulsive overeater. It is beautifully set out and a joy to read every morning. I thoroughly recommend that you buy it as it has helped me to focus on my own recovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and heartfelt book, August 23, 2011
I have several other meditation books but this one has a special place in my heart and I am so priveleged to be part of this wonderful group of people in the recovery group. Each of the meditations is written from the heart and speaks from each person's own personal experience of compulsive overeating. But more importantly in each one there is always the hope of recovery from this disease, and I know it's a book that I will always treasure. Thanks to everyone who poured out their soul to create these daily meditations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!!, August 16, 2011
Great Book!!!! I absolutely love it, it's a very relaxing and peaceful read. It helps me to understand my emotions a little better and put things into perspective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recovery Meditations, July 31, 2011
I've read the meditations online for years, but ordered a copy for me and a few for my best friends. We were pleased with the book and recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Daily Meditations Dealing with Food Issues, March 7, 2013
This review is from: Recovery Meditations ~ One Day at a Time (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is an awesome addition to my OA program literature!, July 15, 2011
This book is an awesome addition to my huge collection of OA and 12 step books. In fact, it goes beyond OA (Overeaters Anonymous). On the day the book arrived, I brought it with me to a different 12 step program which I attend. We used it for our daily reading. So many people loved it that I ordered more books the next day!

My one complaint about the book is it is TOO big!! (that was a joke, folks!!) --- It is simply packed with wonderful insights and reminders that I need as I work my daily program.

I cannot express enough how glad I am to have this book as another daily reading to enhance my recovery. Thanks to all who worked on it! You have one (very) grateful customer!

Katherine B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a gift to my Recovery !!, July 15, 2011
This book is filled with meditations that are fresh, creative, and written directly from the heart!! Each day offers a special message to carry me through the next 24 hours, each written by someone who shares this 12 step journey. It was a wonderful gift to receive, and is a gift I have also shared with others. I am so delighted to be holding this bright new creation in my hands!! Thank You!

5.0 out of 5 stars How Does It Know?, July 13, 2011
Coralee (Great Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
Wow!!! Every time I open this book, it is like it is reading my mind. It seems to know exactly what I need to read. I think the name should have been Recovery MIRACLES. What a wonderful way to start my day or to get me through a tough time. Thank you for such a wonderful book.

Recovery Meditations ~ One Day at a Time