Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Recycled Crafts Box
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

A friend got this for my daughter and I, and a lot of the projects in it are really suited better for parents with younger children, that being said, we loved it.
My daughter is almost 13 years old, and while a lot of the projects were a lot easier then she likes, they gave her ideas for doing similar things with a bit more complexity. The cardboard castle is a favorite, and she's got big plans for building her brother a dice tower now.
The other thing the book had that we both liked was a lot of information about how things are recycled, and a timeline of disposable manufacturing, so we both learned from it. It's good without being overly preachy, and since it's recycled crafts, the crafts are very inexpensive to make.
on November 6, 2004
Laura Martin's Recycled Crafts Box is a compilation of forty ecologically-friendly projects and activities that can be done cheaply from old things, from crafting sock puppets and cardboard castles to rag coasters and colorful picnic plate flowers. A delightful resource for rainy-day fun, artistic stimulation, and stimulating quality time to be shared with young ones. Also a highly recommended creative diversion, especially as an alternative to the ever-present press of television and other passive media.
on May 14, 2008
An excellent book to help parents teach their children the importance of recycling while having fun as a family doing the crafts!
Potecting Mother Earth is a fantastic way of spending quaility family time together!
on January 21, 2013
I got this to inspire my 3-year-old daughter and me. Doing the crafts requires reading and adult-level skills (e.g., poking holes in metal), but the photos are good enough to excite her to do something and see what supplies we need to collect. At 3.5 years, she's just now starting to ask about the sections regarding the various materials, landfills, and recycling.
VINE VOICEon July 27, 2011
There are some very creative projects in this book. While 75% of them won't work for us, the 25% that will work are definitely worth the price of the book. Not sure how the author is able to come up with such great projects, but they really are neat. Easy to do with thing you find around the house or yard. A winner for us!
on May 16, 2015
Hooray! I got this book for my sister and she tried one of the projects with her younger two when they were home one day due to a teachers conference. They really got a kick out of it. The best part is the message to be earth friendly and to recycle. But the kids just know they love their sock puppets!
on November 13, 2012
I just bought this book as a Christmas gift for my kids b/c they LOVE crafts. Reading the description it sounded like a good book with cute ideas for craft projects. Upon receiving it I am disappointed and will be sending it back. It dedicated a lot of pages to recycling, which for older kids might be just what someone is looking for. I gave it three stars b/c it isn't a bad book, but not a good book to buy for craft ideas. The cover says it has 37 + craft ideas, but it does not. I would recommend this book for someone with older kids who are interested in recycling, but I would NOT recommend this book for someone just looking for good craft ideas.
on November 29, 2013
Product arrived in time promised and quality was excellent. This book was easy to use for children and had a lot things to entertain my kids with stuff I have around the house.
on May 11, 2011
There are projects in here that I never thought of. I am so excited to have this for my kids this summer.
on October 10, 2014
Was quite disappointed in the limited craft options.