Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 17, 2011
i have had two other cuff leg straps from other sources that have fallen off and been lost while riding. these are more substantial, thicker and have more velcro to keep them on then my previous cuff leg straps. however, being thicker seems to make them hotter and heavier than other products but i only wear them in the winter time anyway. also, reflective material only goes less than half way round, woulda been nice having more of that.

ADDENDUM 7/9/13: i have had these for more than 2 years, making them by far the longest lasting cuff leg straps i've had. they stay on which is a huge advantage to the others i've owned and lost.
on November 16, 2012
I purchased these straps over a year ago, and use them almost every time I ride my bike.

They've not only been great at keeping the grease off my pant legs, but the reflective strip adds peace of mind when I'm riding in the dark. All in all, they're sturdy and simple, and being recycled makes me feel good about using them.

Added bonus, recently one of the straps had an issue with the velcro coming unstitched. I contacted Green Guru about what I could do to repair it, and they sent me a new strap immediately. Customer service #winning.
on January 5, 2013
My husband really likes the Recycled Bicycle Tube Reflective Pant Leg Straps by Green Guru Gear for bicycling. The black strap stays in one place once wrapped on, doesn't shift like others do. It's also recycled from bicycle inner tubes, a clever idea and an ideal material. I'd like more reflective tape on the strap, myself. There's only 4 1/8 inches of reflective tape on a strap that is 11.5 inches long (not counting the velcro strip). Since my husband rides to work in very early morning when it's dark, I try to light him up like a Christmas tree for his protection.
on December 31, 2011
THese are great! Truly heavy-duty, well made, and nicely finished... but they are on the big/long side. I'm not sure whose ankles they used as a form, but they are bigger than mine, and there's limited adjustability.

Added an extra velcro patch to secure the tag end of the strap and all was fine.
on July 1, 2015
I use these for an "off-label" purpose: ankle support. I took the risk of buying these on a hunch that they would function well for giving extra ankle support and they do. However, they won't stop you from twisting your ankle, i'm sorry to say (from personal experience) because they sit above your ankle bone.

I remove the reflective strips but that is matter of aesthetic preference.
on January 17, 2015
I should have had these years ago after taking a couple of spills when my jeans got caught in the chain. I'm much older now and somewhat wiser, so I securely keep my pant cuff out of harms way. I keep one strap attached to each bike and never forget to use them, unlike forgetting to roll-up my right pant leg. In this case, "reflective" is both visual and mental.

What else is great about them? They're made in the USA from recycled material.
on September 7, 2012
I love these for holding back my pant legs when commuting to work by bike. They are also great in the off/ski season for strapping skis together or lashing things down to my pack. They also can be used to wrap up yoga mats. You can't beat the fact they are made in the USA from old bike tubes!
on October 5, 2015
Really not sure why these come in a pair, since you probably only have a chain on one side of your bike. Regardless, these are very effective, very easy to use, and very eco-friendly. Buy this and give your extra one to a friend!
on June 6, 2014
Works great! One other reviewer was wondering why there are two when only one leg is exposed to the chain. I thought the same thing but I found a possible reason why. While riding, I was wearing a pair of jeans slightly flaired at the bottom and my left pant leg would get caught on my air pump mounted on the cross bar. If your wearing straight leg this probably won't happen but at the very least you'll have an extra one for a spare. All said for the price you can't argue you get two.
on June 5, 2013
These pant leg straps are, for me, the perfect product. While others complained about not enough reflective material, that's not what I wear a leg strap for. I wear it to keep my jeans or yoga pants out of the derailer. I'm an avid rider but I'm not one of the spandex crowd, so a wider strap is much more practical for normal, everyday use.

I like how sturdy and well-made they are. I like the width, the generous amount of Velcro, and the overall thought that went into the product. I like that I only have to wear one of them to keep my jeans folded over on the right leg. The other, reflective, thinner ones require two for the same job. They are also made from recycled bike tires. How cool is that? A+

See 1 answered question