5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
Published on June 1, 2007 by Brittany D. Latalladi

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok...
I really wanted a red bloom to add to my white and pink, and this was the only supplier. It didn't ship out as soon as another supplier I purchased a different color bloom from. The plant did arrive in good condition. It's almost 3 weeks and I'm still waiting for it to bloom, but these plants are usually like this.
Published 5 months ago by Lulu

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, June 1, 2007
This review is from: Red Crown of Thorns Plant - Euphorbia splendens (Misc.)
I looked all over for a crown of thorns that was ALIVE, not one that was in a pot 4 times too small and already turning brown. I was kind of worried that this one I ordered from Hirt's would come in all droopy and stressed out from the week in shipping, but it showed up today absolutely beautiful! It was blooming and full, it looked happy! I am so thrilled...I've looked and looked for a healthy crown of thorns and I was so afraid this would be a let down, but it wasn't. I had never ordered a plant by mail before, either. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Was my fave housplant until....., December 17, 2008
This review is from: Red Crown of Thorns Plant - Euphorbia splendens (Misc.)
I had one as a child. I was SOOOOOO in love with it. I took great care of it, it bloomed like crazy. My friends were all jealous of my great plant. It was so gorgeous. And didn't get mad at me for forgetting the occasional watering.
Then we found out I was allergic to euphorbias and my mom got rid of it; I was VERY ticked off. But now I see her logic. Just don't let the sap touch your skin and you'll be fine. it's a common allergy, so if you do let the sap touch your skin you may end up with a poison ivy type rash. One of my least favorite childhood memories...picking a boquet of euphorbias and breaking out in crusty blisters that hurt so much I missed a week of school. See my review of mole-repelling plant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice plant., July 16, 2011
John (Tucson, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Crown of Thorns Plant - Euphorbia splendens (Misc.)
My crown of thorns was delivered by express mail in two days. I was very impressed with the way it was packaged and the great shape it arrived in. The plant is healthy and nicely branched. There were detailed instructions on the suggested immediate care and transplanting. I was reluctant to buy a plant on line but would definitely buy agaim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, March 15, 2011
This review is from: Red Crown of Thorns Plant - Euphorbia splendens (Misc.)
The plant arrived on time and was very healthy. It was exactly what I expected. I definitely will order more plants from this seller !!!
As for a review of this plant: This plant will be one that you will grow personally attached to. It produces beautiful 1/2 " or smaller red blossoms as you can see in the picture. The stem will start to get a bark-like look and, to me, looks like a tiny fruit tree with blossoms after it grows a while. Of course, there are little sharp thorns on the limbs, thus the name of the plant. The ones I've seen don't grow tall but rather spread out like a fruit tree would and they get around 2-2 1/2 feet tall. If you get one, you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crown Of Thorns Looks awesome!!!, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Red Crown of Thorns Plant - Euphorbia splendens (Misc.)
I received my Crown of Thorns cactus in the mail yesterday afternoon, much faster than I (or Amazon) anticipated. Let me just say, the plant looks wonderful! It has a few beautiful red flowers and nice green leaves. The cactus spine looks great and the soil looked good too. The packaging impressed me as well. I was nervous about ordering plants online but have to say that this crown of thorns looks 10 times better than one I found at a local nursery for the same price. These plants can be hard to find so it was such a relief to get such a great one. I am so very pleased with this transcation!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok..., June 25, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Little Starter, May 26, 2014
This review is from: Red Crown of Thorns Plant - Euphorbia splendens (Misc.)
These plants were quite small--little more than a thorny stick with a couple budding leaves on the top. That said, I knew from the item description they wouldn't be a full blooming houseplant. They appeared healthy and have taken off well since repotting. I am excited to watch them grow.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what was pictured., February 22, 2014
This review is from: Red Crown of Thorns Plant - Euphorbia splendens (Misc.)
I'll be lucky if it lives. It's lost all 6 leaves that it had so it's pretty pitifull. I would not make any recommendations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, July 16, 2010
This review is from: Red Crown of Thorns Plant - Euphorbia splendens (Misc.)
The plant arrived very quickly, and was very well packaged. The grower certainly put time, attention, and care into the raising of this plant. It arrived in bloom, as well as with buds on other sites. The leaves are so green and have such a deep luster, my family though I first I had ordered a 'fake' pant. Imagine their surprise when I watered it!! The care instructions are well written and easy to follow (sunlight and water when dry), and it seems to be a very low care plant that provides added beauty for you home as well as a nice conversation starter!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty plant, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Red Crown of Thorns Plant - Euphorbia splendens (Misc.)
This is a very pretty plant and when it arrived it was in bloom. The description did say the flowers were red, but they are more of a pink. It has not bloomed again, even though it has been "fed". But it is still growing and looks healthy. However, would have preferred red blooms.