5.0 out of 5 stars Red Dead Redemption? Yes!!!
When Red Dead Redemption came out I wasn't very interested, it looked like GTA in western times to me. Well that was an incredible mistake but one I am glad I made, why? Well you see, I do not have Xbox LIVE and therefore I can not get any DLC for any game I own and since the Game of the Year Edition comes with all the DLC already there it just made it that more great for...
Published on December 24, 2011 by MetalHeadDarylDead

3.0 out of 5 stars eh, it's ok.
Cons: Typical of these type of Rockstar games, they want to be a role player with an open world but the characters all follow a script. You can't speak to anyone outside a set plot point and when they do, they repeat themselves to a very annoying level. The game mechanics are not intuitive. The characters or his horse can't swim, so much for realism. The ability to...
Published 2 months ago by Scott Marlow

‹ Previous | 16 7 837 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very fun game similar to GTA, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I recently finished GTA 5 and wanted a new "open world" type of game. I did some research and found this one, which is made by the same company that makes GTA. It is very similar to GTA in that you can go anywhere in the game world, do whatever you want and you can complete missions anyway you want. It is definitely not as fun as GTA 4 or 5, but it is still interesting. Graphics are great, audio is spot on and the missions are fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars DISC does not work on XBOX, April 5, 2014
I LOVE THIS GAME!!! Disc 2 does not work!!! So just buy the standalone RDR and UDN. Google it and you will see that I am not alone. It is a common thing with this version.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Game of the Xbox 360 Generation, March 21, 2014
This and Grand Theft Auto V are the only reasons I own an Xbox 360. In terms of both story and gameplay, nothing has struck a chord with me more than with Red Dead Redemption. While the mechanics and presentation have improved with GTA V, the enjoyment that comes from playing John Marston in Rockstar's Western masterpiece is what puts it at my #1 spot. The voice acting is great, the atmosphere is spot on and the explosiveness of the action is fun every time. It truly feels like you are both playing and watching a film classic.

Along with the Bioshock franchise and the Fallout series, this was a reminder to me that games can not only be entertaining but artistic as well. BIg thanks to the guys at Rockstar! Hope a sequel is around the corner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of xbox, March 13, 2014
Its a very good game that has stood the test of a time, a lovable character with a good story keeps you captivated long into the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Western Game, February 26, 2014
What a great title completely surprised me I never expected it to be so good from the story to the game play to the graphics. The Undead Redemption is icing on the cake and basically like getting two games in one. I would recommend this game to anyone thinking about buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockstar's crafted masterpiece, February 18, 2014
Michael (Mississippi, United States) - See all my reviews
I could go into-depth about how much I adore this game. The beautiful scenery, magnificent voice acting, flawless presentation and atmosphere. I'll just save you some time and simply say; please, get this game. Support the developers so that we can see more games of this caliber. Please, stop supporting studios like Treyarch and put money into games like this. Why should you get it? An already superb, no, magnificent singleplyer. This is without a doubt among my favorites, if not my favorite game of all time. As much as I feel four stars is best because the game does have quite a few irritating and annoying bugs, I cannot help but give this title five stars. The positives far outweight the negatives in this game.

If you don't like westerns, get it anyway. I disliked the genre, but this game is so well-made that it made me look into other titles. The singleplayer is alone great, but the zombie content includes its own separate story, and the atmosphere and the cheesy zombie feel are both nailed perfectly, as well as the original story is.

I have 450 hours into this game. Granted, singleplayer won't give you that much, but I have replayed singleplayer a few times and multiplayer has been my main stay throughout that time period.

This is a good game.

I am not being paid. I love this game far more than most.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only true Western game for 360, February 14, 2014
This game is amazing. So many things to do in the game that I was overwhelmed. Rockstars attention to detail in their sandbox games has paid off with this game, allowing an almost true to life representation of the wild west. The copy sent to me was brand new, as expected, and I got exactly what I wanted out of this game.

If I had anything bad to say about this game, it'd be that Rockstars engine had a few hiccups every so often. Animation glitches could sometimes be seen, and in the included zombie mode, you can turn around and the zombies would spawn right next to you, which is a bit annoying.

In conclusion, this was a great game, and I do not regret my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, February 13, 2014
Everything you expect from a great game and more. A must Own! Fear nothing, this is no waste of hard earned cash

5.0 out of 5 stars must have, February 7, 2014
if you have never played this game you should pick it up right now. this game has an excellent story with rich and vibrant scenery with a few moments of quirky humor. definitely a game to keep in your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockstar At It Again, February 7, 2014
I've been playing Rockstar developed & published games since my early pre-teen ages, and have grown up with their style since Grand Theft Auto I on the PlayStation One in 1998. I have come to love their style when it comes to games and even just their Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE) for their graphics capabilities, which are definitely pretty nice. I got this game long after it's release, just because it didn't sound very interesting and whatnot. Turns out, this game is one of my favorites now. The plot of the game is really good and especially interesting if you have any fondness of the "Old West" or like history of that time period. The game is also pretty long, if you participate in some of the side missions and explore a bit and hunt animals and so on. The graphics, as I said, are pretty nice, a little 2-D, but nothing that makes it anywhere near unplayable. In regards to the Undead Nightmare DLC that comes with this version, it is really fun. It's quick to beat, but its entertaining and I couldn't stop playing it until I beat it and had all of the horses in it and everything.

So in general, this game (especially the GOTY edition) is worth every bit of the money I paid. This game, in my opinion is still work about the same money it would have sold for retail as a new release ($60). If you like Rockstar, the old west, good plotlines, and general open-world fun, this is a great game. 10/10.

‹ Previous | 16 7 837 | Next ›