Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - Playstation 3
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Video Game|Change

on March 19, 2014
I bought RDR because it was on sale, and I remembered hearing some positive things about it back when it was released. I'm glad I didn't pay much for it, because the game is absolutely horrible. The controls are clunky, the sandbox world is 99% empty, graphics are chunky, quests are simplistic in the extreme, and every moment spent playing it I was bored out of my mind. I forced myself to sit through 4 hours of the game hoping it would get better at some point, then I took the disc out and put it back in it's case, knowing that I would never take it out again.

Do not buy.
on January 31, 2015
Got boring after the first 2 days of gameplay
on January 18, 2011
If you can play GTA, you can play this. The controls are largely the same. The story/gameplay is not necessarily deep, but man is it fun. Executing zombies is surprisingly addictive. I can't put this thing down. I have not explored the online portion of the game yet, but this is so fun I don't care. Love it.
on January 10, 2011
With only 5.5 hours of gameplay I'm enjoying a lot the ambience of the game. The creatures and possibilities of gaming are a delight. One story line to keep you interested enough and a good set of gun power to see cut scenes and movie like terminations. Will be updating as I develop in the game along.
on December 21, 2010
I didn't buy Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare on a disc, I downloaded it from the Playstation store for $10. It only came with the Undead Nightmare, nothing else, so if this does come with anything else like more add-ons, I won't review those.

The single player of Undead Nightmare is good at best. You're basically thrown into it and told to kill zombies. There isn't a whole lot of story here, just the bare bones amount. You will meet some characters from Red Dead Redemption, like West Dickens, Landon Ricketts, and Prof. MacDougal. However, your encounter with them will be short but sweet. Some side missions are fun and interesting, like saving stranded victims from zombies. But it lacks the excellent narrative and story telling of the main game. The single player of Undead Nightmare is only good enough to be played once or twice.

Where the real action is, and the best of it too, is the Undead Nightmare's online multiplayer. You and three others are teamed against endless hordes of zombies. Yes they are endless, everyone dies eventually. At the beginning of each match, you get to pick your weapon set. For example, they have close range: where you get dynamite, a sawed off shotgun and a double action pistol. There also are medium range, long range, and a couple others. At the beginning of each wave a coffin appears. You have to open it before it disappears and you'll get ammo and time. Then all you do is keep shooting the heads of zombies until the next wave. There are about four or five maps to play on, they are selected randomly. If one of your teammates get downed, you can revive him by giving him medicine. There also is undead bait and holy water, which combined make for good times.

Overall, I would buy Undead Nightmare. Whether it is this one or the one on the Playstation store is up to you. The single player is ok, but the online multiplayer makes some fun times!
on January 19, 2011
Without question the best DLC I've ever played. Rockstar know how to do these things right. IGN wasn't lying when they gave it a 10/10 and calling it a masterpiece. Over the top replay value, long and entertaining campaign for a dlc.
on March 15, 2013
fun title. rockstar has done a great job in the undead nightmare chapter of red dead redemption. if your only interested in the zombie mode than this is for you, as it only has the zombie mode in it.
on April 7, 2014
I bought this game about 3 years ago. One if the most boring game ever. At first the cinematic scene from the beginning was great, it seem promising then i got deeper into the game and realized....... Theres nothing really to do in this game lol. I bought it cause i luv zombie games and i was a beast in cod black ops zombies. This game has no animsls besides coyotes running aroung wit zombies and sometimes a horse. I should of start of wit the red dead redemtion instead of the zombie nightmare. I played about 10 hours of it and i had enough. Dont waste your time.
on August 13, 2013
Red Dead Redemption was one of the best single player game experiences I have ever had, and this spinoff stacks up favorably to the original. I highly recommend both this game and the original.
on October 23, 2012
I personally loved this game! Could have been a little longer but for the price you cant loose. Dont worry about conserving ammo like everybody says theres plenty of it in this game. Really Fun