4.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best DLCs of the Year!
Undead Nightmare is a bargin any way you look at it. You get a lot for your money. If you want to complete everything plan on investing a solid 10 to 20 hours.

I'll try to give a quick overview that doesn't give much away.

Published on November 24, 2010 by A. Antonio

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected.
Published on December 31, 2010 by G. Pugh

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best DLCs of the Year!, November 24, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - Playstation 3 (Video Game)

I'll try to give a quick overview that doesn't give much away.

You are once again playing as John Marston. This time you are trying to find out why zombies have taken over the west. If you want to put a time stamp on this game it takes place between John Marston reuniting with his family and the end of Red Dead Redemption.

While you take on various tasks through the storyline you find yourself rescuing town after town from zobmie hordes. This gets a little old after a while but you get different weapons from each town you save. One reason this gets old is because no town is saved forever. The zombies will attack again.

The story takes you through Texas and Mexico on your hunt to stop the hordes. Along the way you run into many of the characters from Red Dead Redemption. I can't give away the ending but but it is one of the best endings you will find in a game. It is awesome.

Beyond the story there are new things to hunt, new random events, and new weapons which will keep you busy for hours.

The only thing keeping this from being 5 stars is the fact that it gets repeative after a while. Even considering that this is a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware, January 28, 2011
Jana Huntley (woodland hills, ca) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is an amazing DLC (downloadable content). However you must beware.

This same bundle is available on PSN as a bundle with Liars and Cheats,Legends and Killers, and of course, Undead Nightmare at $20.00, so be aware this has an advantage only through it being re-tradable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Red Dead Zombie Killing Fun, December 1, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I would give The Undead Nightmare DLC an easy five stars, but I'd recommend that you download this instead. The other two DLC packs just are not worth $10 a piece. I think I read somewhere that Rockstar wanted to release those two packs for free, but were contractually obligated to have them cost money as they'd already released free DLC. I think this shows as there's really not that much to do in those packs unless you really want to play RDR poker or throw a hatchet. If that's worth $20 for you, then be my guest! Otherwise Undead Nightmare is a fantastic add on. It's creepy, funny, and beautiful looking. I haven't even finished regular Red Dead Redemption story before I jumped into this. Highly recommend, but just download it off PSN instead, and if you must, buy the other two packs next time they go on sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Game, February 4, 2013
My love for The Walking Dead encouraged me to buy this game, and I'm addicted. Gameplay is amazing and has become one of my favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, June 12, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I can't stop playing this game!!!!! It is incredible. This game takes place in the old west. The country side is experiencing a plague of the undead! And you are the main character responsible for finding out what is going on and how you can save your family and restore sanity and health back to the country.

Where to start. The graphics are incredible. Rockstar has it down. Very detailed images to interact with. The trees blow in the wind, dust gets kicked up when you ride your horse. The weather changes over a period of time as you play. From sunrise, to sunset. Rainy, cloudy, clear or beautiful. You don't know which. It is amazing to me how the game does this. And the changes are gradual also and unpredictable. The only thing I would like to see is that they don't change as soon as they do. I would like to spend more time in the day.

This game has a lot more unpredictable side-games. For example you'll be riding down a road and you'll hear someone screaming for help. You pull over the road and there are zombies chasing a woman. You can chose to ignore, or save her. If you do save her, you get rewarded. If you don't save her, well, she becomes a meal. One time I used the wrong gun and blew them both away. The outcome was not very positive, but the fact that you can come across these little episodes makes the game fun.

The music and the sound effects are top-notch. There's even a tumbleweed that blows across from time to time.

Weapons are cool. From a revolver, rifles, shotguns, torches, dynamite and many others. My favorite is the blunderbuss which will literally disintegrate the zombie. Leaving nothing but a stain. The great thing is that when you kill a zombie with your rifle or pistol, you can "loot" the corpse and find undead items such as eyes, ribs, teeth, etc. Then you these parts to build Blunderbuss ammo. What a cool detail.

Overall, I could go on about all that I have experienced, but, trust me, this game is incredible and you'll have no qualms about purchasing. I highly recommend it IF you like zombies, shooting games and overall adventure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Undead Nightmare, February 18, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Undead Redemption is probably the best dlc available today by any publisher. You basically play as John Marston in this new adventure where the dead come back to life. Your goal is to find the cure to help restore peace in Undead Nightmare.

You will help and rid zombies from towns and help survivors for ammo. There are a lot of side missions and new mounts as well. There are new weapons to choose from as well as the same weapons from red dead redemptions main story.

All the characters from Red Dead make their return. You will need to help them in order to progress with the story. Some will turn ( into zombies ) and others will help you along your journey. Once you complete the main story, you are able to continue playing Undead Redemption.

You will spending many hours killing zombies, doing quests, saving towns, looking for ammo, and trying to survive on horse back as you are chased by zombies.

You will not regret purchasing Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Red Dead Redemption, but still a great DLC., January 24, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a decent DLC for red dead rdemption. as far as buying the disc goes, It is only worth the extra money if you have not yet downloaded any DLC content for Red Dead, as it includes all of the DLC on the disk. when bought like this it is an excellent investiment, however if you already have the other DLCs it would probably be best to download the undead nightmare from PSN unless you want to pay an extra 20 bucks for a hard copy of the DLC.

As far as gameplay goes the game is fun and a bit different than the regular red dead. ammo is at a premium so you have to be careful with how you shoot. The game is slighty more glitchy than red dead, but i think that my glitching came from the fact that I was meleeing every zombie to death. after getting to the difficulty where melee was not a good option then the gameplay smoothed out.

overall a good game.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., December 31, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
To be fair i've only played the game a few times so take this review in that light. I'm not sure what I was expecting but after reading so many glowing reviews I figured for 19.99 what did I have to lose. The game just seems tedious to me. Going from town to town killing zombies(ho-hum). Maybe i'm just zombied out right now. I'll give it a few more tries then update my review.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, December 15, 2013
First of all, I LOVED the first Red Dead Redemption. I was pulled into the story, the landscape, and I really got attached to the characters.

That being said, Undead Redemption is NOTHING like the first installment of this series. The storyline and missions are repetitive and un-imaginative. There is also not much you can do outside of missions aside from killing random zombies. There are no mini-games. The game is finished fairly quickly and you get this sense of dissatisfaction when it's over. It's that feeling of wanting those hours back...

It's obviously to me that this game was hastily put together to take advantage of the zombie craze in popular culture and milk a few extra bucks for the developers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy if you really the idea of blending American Old West & zombies., May 1, 2013
I bought this game on good faith it would be fun to play since I do like western and zombie films. The game play is ok but it's real boring after awhile. Pretty repetitive.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - Playstation 3