Red Dead Redemption - Std Ed vs GOTY Ed - Former usually priced higher than latter

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 24, 2012 2:34:49 AM PST
Over time, I have noticed that AMZN keeps the Standard Edition priced higher than the Game of the Year Edition. That includes this Thanksgiving weekend. One typically expects pricing to be the other way around, where a later/newer release with greater feature inclusion is priced higher than an earlier/older release.

Does anyone know whether there is some kind of major difference between the two editions of the game such that AMZN prices them in such an unconventionally reversed manner?

Thank you all in advance.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 8:41:45 AM PST
J. Mendez says:
The Standard Edition only includes the game while the GOTY Edition includes not only the game but all free and paid DLC.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 10:43:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 10:43:59 AM PST
J. C. Zamora,

I appreciate your confirming what I thought, that the GOTY Edition includes more.

Yet, again, AMZN has priced the Std Edition higher than the GOTY Edition. Hence, the confusion and wonder whether the former actually may have some additional difference unbeknownst to me, and my posting my query here.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year
Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year by Rockstar Games (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (400)