Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Red Faction: Guerrilla or Prototype?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2009 6:04:31 PM PDT
They are nearly the same when you think about it, being open world, 3rd person shooters... But Prototype looks like more of a stronger game, that could outlast RF:G. However, RF:G has an amazing multiplayer system... Any thoughts?

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 4:01:02 AM PDT
J. Rio says:
Honestly? Get Both. They both offer two completely different gaming experiences in an open world environment... although I'm holding out to see what the first wave of reviews say. I'm sure they will more than support my initial desire to purchase this on day 1. Between these two games and inFAMOUS for the PS3, I'm going to have alot of sandbox action to keep me busy during the summer. :)

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 10:13:37 PM PDT
L. Beauchamp says:
I havent played Prototype and cant make the comparison fairly until I do. But so far red faction is amazing and should get 4/5 stars from xplay this week when its reviewed.

Posted on Jun 17, 2009 4:51:42 AM PDT
Prototype is extremely frustrating in parts, and is rather lackluster compared to the amount of hype it was getting. Get Red Faction.

Posted on Jun 25, 2009 12:40:07 PM PDT
D P Cerrito says:
Get Red Faction, its very polished and very fun and you can destroy anything. Prototype is fun, however I feel that there is more of a chance that you may or may not enjoy this game. I prefer Red Faction hands down.

Posted on Jun 28, 2009 3:06:28 PM PDT
I haven't played Prototype, but Red Faction is a great game in my opinion, and the reviews are indicating that it's a better game than Prototype. Go with Faction.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2009 2:02:32 AM PDT
Brad B says:
Okay Ive played both. I bought Prototype first and played it then I read reviews about Red Faction so I bought that. Compared? Prototype dominates. I felt slow, sluggish, and semi-retarded playing Red Faction after playing Prototype. The driving controls were alot harder, targeting slower. I know these are two completely different games but in certain aspects they are alike. For instance, hit-and-run techniques are used in both. Where Prototype you can enter a fray, destroy w/e it is you need to destroy and then get out, in Red Faction you face endless amounts of EDF that keep on coming. The Guerillas that assist you have downs syndrome (ie get in your way or shoot you in the back) and you can only hold 120 rounds of your regular auto rifle (starting off). The only way to escape once you go red status in Red Faction is to die it seems. Rarely did I make it to a vehicle to escape to a safehouse. Also you should be able to "jack" vehicles, for example when those EDF are driving and stop for a second you should be able to open their door and throw them out. The game should progress where if they are going to send 20 - 30+ EDF Soldiers to your location, its later in the game, not when I can only afford level one armor. Oh and driving a vehicle was awkward, Aiming a weapon and switching weapons, though simple should have followed a Modern Duty style, just awkward (maybe that is my fault not used to it)

I despise the fact that I bought Red Faction, Although what made my vision skewered was Prototype was played first, was faster, sleeker, and way more user-friendly game. Play Prototype then play Red Faction. Hell just watch Prototypes intro and when you ask your self "whoa wait...I can do all that?" Yes you can

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2009 2:02:53 AM PDT
Brad B says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2009 2:04:08 AM PDT
Brad B says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2009 7:12:58 PM PDT
L. Beauchamp says:
DUDE DONT SPAM! seriously? you had to post this three times?????

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2009 10:38:12 PM PDT
agreed to last poster, what a d#uche.

anyways rf:g is awesome. i like it. wait til you bring down that huge bridge. the multiplayer was fun too. not revolutionary but fun. the back "packs" added a nice touch.

idk about prototype. i played infamous and that was merely alright. overrated. i suggest you just buy crackdown if you haven't. thats all you'll need. collection orbs is fun.

Posted on Jul 15, 2009 6:30:29 AM PDT
Maybe he has a stutter.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 15, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about