5.0 out of 5 stars Good compression socks
This is my first pair of compression socks. They are definitely compression. they are labeled L and R, but i put them on the opposite feet.. they are a little bit of effort to get on so i didn't feel like switching them around and didn't really make any difference.
They are a lot thicker then the thin socks i usually wear to run in.
I just ran 13.6 miles in...
Published 22 months ago by N. Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars Medium, maybe... but Large SUCKS!!
I initially bought myself a pink pair of these socks in Medium, some months back, and have been quite happy with them-- they are hard to put on, but there are tricks to it... and they do make my legs feel better. There is no compression rating given for them, but I'd guess they might be a 20-30 compression, just based on how they feel.

HOWEVER... the size...
Published 17 months ago by Holly Masri

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compression socks, February 16, 2013
N. Miller "NeelyNP" (Colorado (but travel all over for work)) - See all my reviews
They are a lot thicker then the thin socks i usually wear to run in.
I just ran 13.6 miles in them and i think my legs will thank me! I own a pair of "skins tights" which i wear after running marathons and i always feel so much better when i put them on.
I haven't tried any of the more expensive brands of compression socks and couldn't really think of a justifiable reason to spend $50+ for a pair of socks.
These are definitely a good buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nurse in need for hard compression, August 22, 2013
These are what all nurses should use for compression stockings , they are super tight but at the end of the day my legs and feet feel great

1.0 out of 5 stars Medium, maybe... but Large SUCKS!!, July 9, 2013

HOWEVER... the size Large seems to be a completely different story. I bought a Large pair for my husband, in green... and even with both of us working at it, it took about half an hour to get those socks on him. Really, REALLY TIGHT!! Then when he wore them for a full day, one time, the socks actually cut into his skin at the top of his calf, leaving a raw, blistered, six-inch wound that took MANY weeks to heal!

We thought perhaps he had left a fold in the socks, and that maybe being more careful would solve the problem... but he was understandably reluctant to try it. So after the socks had sat in his drawer for a couple months, I decided to try them myself. I am a size Medium, with average calves, so the Large socks should have been at least a little looser on me than the pink Mediums I already had. For comparison, I tried on one Medium and one Large. The Large was longer in the foot, and an inch or two taller in the calf... but it felt every bit as tight as the Medium, and maybe even more so. I then decided to wear the pair of Large socks for a full day. I hate to waste money, and figured the socks couldn't be returned at that point.

The result? I was very careful to put the socks on smoothly, with no folds or wrinkles... but by the end of the day, I had a stinging red welt circling both my knees, where the tops of the socks had cut into my skin. I wasn't hurt as badly as my husband was... but I AM considerably smaller. Still, I could see and feel that my leg was being severely squashed in a 1" band right around the top; it was obvious to me that the tops of the socks were FAR too tight. Graduated compression stockings are supposed to get looser as they go up the leg; a tourniquet around one's knees is absolutely WRONG!!

Needless to say, my husband and I are NOT happy with that purchase. It appears that the manufacturer makes the size "Large" socks longer, but not wider... and I'm not sure, either, if they are actually graduated compression, or just tight all over. I am going to try cutting the top inch or two off the "Large" socks, and see if I will be able to wear them that way... but they will NEVER work for my husband's size 8-1/2 EEE feet and stocky calves. Bad job, Red Lion!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely difficult to put on!, June 28, 2013
Though a beautiful green these socks are way too tight! I had to have my 13 year help me pull them up. I would not recommend them.

3.0 out of 5 stars these are NOT graduated compression, May 25, 2013
These socks seemed to be perfect for me, the pink is a color I love BUT I don't love the fact that they cut off circulation at the top and are loose at the ankles. Not the seller's fault but the manufacturer's

5.0 out of 5 stars feel good so far, March 18, 2013
I don't have any other true compression socks to compare to but these felt good and held up well for a mud run. It also hasn't been that long yet but so far I like them and I'd buy them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Run very small, January 17, 2013
I ordered a medium. I'm 5 feet tall & 115 pounds. I technically should have ordered a small, but was nervous they'd be too tight. The mediums ended up being too tight. They were so tight I had extreme pain & had to cut my run short. My calves were sore for 3 days after. I don't know if mine were defective or if they all run small. However, I will say that they were constructed well. Also I contacted customer service & they were very helpful. They allowed me to return the product & refunded me promptly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Compression sock should not be tighter near knee, April 22, 2013
these socks provide good compression near ankle and shins but do not become wider as they go up or proximal to body and knee. unless you do not have calf muscles, these will not work for you. Compression socks need to gradually decrease in pressure as they get closer to the knee, otherwise they will impede venous return by acting as a faux tourniquet, rather than enable it. I AM 5,10" Shoe size 10 (womens). I run so I do have calf muscles, but I don't carry any fat on my lower legs so, my ankles are 8.5 inched and calves are 14 inches circumference. Also I took the large and the foot was slight large for my foot. but it would have been workable if rest of sock fit correctly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for you, but not for me, December 14, 2014
I have a nurse friend who loves these opposed to traditional compression socks. I'm a big girl, but short, so the fit wasn't right for me and they were too tight around my ankles and knees. They actually left marks after a 12 hour shift. They are well made and I am sure they are great for most people. Just not me, at my size. Maybe after I lose some weight I will try them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Color!!, June 14, 2014
These are tricky to put on until you get the hang of it and then they are easy. Wash like a dream-line dry. Very comfy and look good

Red Lion Neon Glide Compression Socks