Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 23, 2009
I bought this to be a starter kit and it has ran great. The train is well constructed and the track is a snap to put together. I was worried when I bought the trap that it would not be able to use with standard track as this set utilizes the ez track system but I was able to add additional track onto the kit without any probelms other than height. The track is well constructed and it comes with a very easy to use control box. The train and cars use a different type of coupling than most other trains, thus making it harder to add additional trains. If your looking for a beginer track or something to put under the tree this will work great, however it will quickly get boring watching it go around in the small circle over and over.
on June 26, 2012
This train is pretty good, but be prepared to buy more track. What comes with the set does not provide enough options for track variation. I purchased this train and another HO scale train and this one is sturder for the same price. My four-year old son is obsessed with trains and he asks his grandfather to set up his train set all the time.
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2012
Bought this for my grand kids first REAL Christmas Garden.
My oldest grand chlid has a mild degree of Autism, and I will probably get emotional when he sees it.
I really like it very much, and am excited about watching them play with it.
They will probably like this more than their presents.
Wish I could have rated this after Christmas, not before.
Works great, can run very slow, which it neat.
The only complaint, is that it is strictly an oval.
Wish that there was at least one or two straight pieces of track.
Almost $20 for 4 pieces of straight pieces, BUT that is not a big deal, just my opinion.
Buy it, especially for the young kids.
on December 10, 2015
I bought this last year for my holiday Christmas Village. While all of the other components are still working, the engine stopped working after only a couple hours of use. I still wanted to keep the cars and the rest of the track after I had already setup my layout though, so I put it away and forgot about it until I pulled it out this year, thinking "oh yeah that's still new!" But nope... Engine is dead after only a couple hours use. Maybe I just got unlucky, but I'm disappointed.
on December 27, 2012
My 3 year old asked for a train "without eyes" for Christmas and we knew this is what he meant. He was very excited when he unwrapped the box and likes to watch his new train go round and round. He is a wonderful engineer. But the track is very short so we purchased extra.
on April 11, 2014
Although it is easy to put the train on the track (my 2 year old grandson can do it), it is not easy to KEEP the train on the track. I found it frustrating, but the grandson didn't mind, retracking the engine and cars over and over again. He loved it -- I would like to upgrade!
on December 28, 2012
Very easy to get set up (less than 10 minutes). Easy to operate; my son was able to fully understand its operation within about 20 minutes.
on January 22, 2014
Great train for the price. Runs smoothly on the track! We have had it for a few months and no problems have arise! My son loves it!!
on January 9, 2013
Well packaged, very easy to set up, fairly easy to expand layout with purchase of additional flex track. 5 year old grandson loves it
on December 14, 2013
Wheels fell off immediately and had to be repaired. Could not be played with. Very disapointing. Child was very sad.