Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 23, 2002
Red & Rover will bring back treasured memories of time spent with your own 4 legged friend. Red & Rover is to the love felt between "Man" & his true best friend as Diblert is to the business world. The stories are for all ages (0-99). Rover is a cross between lassie, snoopy, and rin-tin-tin. If you are a reader of the series you should get this book. If you have not read the series you will start reading it after reading this book and become a fan. This book provides the first meeting betweed Red and Rover. I have purchased 3 copies: one to read, one to save, and one to loan. After reading this book you will be hooked and look at your current coompanion with more understanding.
My only wish is that all the strips would be published.
on May 1, 2002
At first glance I thought this was just a Calvin & Hobbes ripoff. And there is a resemblance. But the difference is vital - the dog. This strip is first and foremost about the relationship between a boy and his dog. Anyone who loved a dog as a child, or wanted to, will be drawn into this charming strip.
And just as Rover is a real dog, Red is a real boy. He has an obnoxious big brother, wants to be an astronaut, and has a crush on Marcia Brady.
After a while you'll realize that Red and Rover live in the past - somewhere in the seventies if fashion is any indication. It's by design. This strip is imbued with the nostalgia for a better, simpler time.
Give R&R a shot.
on October 17, 2002
Red and Rover displays the love between a boy and his best friend. One of the best comic strip books I've ever read. I recommend it to anyone.
on October 13, 2002
Brian Basset book should be on every bookshelf from child to adult. The story of a boy and his dog is timeless. The book is not just for the fans of his comic strip. In this day and age of...violence, and terrorism all over the media, this book will transport you to a time that will bring back memories of your own childhood. With Christmas and Chanukah only a few months away, this book in my opinion will make the perfect gift for anyone.
on May 9, 2002
This is one of those books you get because you know the author ( from Adam@Home fame) and put all your faith in it. The book is excellent!! The relation between the dog and the kid is great.
The 50/60s style is incredibe. Best buy of the month!!
on April 14, 2004
If Red and Rover doesn't give you the warm fuzzies, you must be a cat person. This collection of comics is so sweet and adorable, you just want to give it a hug. The simple retro-style artwork perfectly matches this nostalgic story of a young boy with NASA aspirations and a dog who would follow him to the moon and back. These faithful companions are joined by Martin, Red's terrible teen brother and their parents. If you ever had a canine best friend when you were growing up, this book will definitely bring back memories.
on May 27, 2008
I first heard of Red and Rover in our newspaper, just after my dog passed away. I miss my dog so much and Red and Rover remind me of the relationship I had with my dog. That comic strip was like a gift from Heaven for me. Even on my worst day, just reading Red and Rover would put a smile on my face. When I learned there was a book about Red and Rover, I ordered it right away. When I received the book, I could not put it down! It makes me laugh out loud and makes me happy. Brian Basset should be congratulated on creating Red and Rover and showing us that this world can be a happier place just by the simple things in life...like a boy and his dog and their wonderful adventures together. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys life, and especially for anyone who has shared their life with a dog!
on January 10, 2004
Red's awful cute, but I just can't help loving Rover. The relationship between Red & Rover certainly reminds me of the relationship I had with my dog when I was a child. Rover is also an embodiment of the three dogs I have now. I love the comic strip, and I look forward to more compilations of the stip in book form. Thank you!!!
on August 16, 2003
This well-written, well-drawn book is so amazing that a reveiewer must be careful what to write, because you could actually write spoilers about this book--it's so amazing! Speaking as a cat-lover, I love this book!! Basset has given us the ideal boy and dog, but placed them in our real world. Nearly every strip provides a funny moment, where the reader might laugh out loud, but there are also poignant moments and depth of personalities. In short, nothing this good has happened to comic strip entertainment since that Round-Headed Kid.
on February 2, 2005
There is nothing better than a comic strip to take your mind of work for a while, and Red & Rover accomplish thisw task with flying colors... One of the best since Calvin and Hobbes