Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Vinyl|Change

on January 24, 2013
Taylor Swift is very talented artist, but to truly hear her at her best you have to get this album on Vinyl.

I have been buying vinyl for the last 10 years. I own two Technics SL1200MK5s with Ortofon Nightclub needles. Some pressing companies are better than others. I have bought my share of albums released on vinyl in the last few years only to find a few had not used the original recording in the pressing; this defeats the whole purpose of buying vinyl. Taylor Swift's album "Red" is not one of these situations. The vinyl is thick and if there is any range compression it is minimal.

If you are a fan of Taylor Swift and want to truly appreciate her music, buy this album on vinyl. If you do not have a quality turntable & needle, buy yourself one. You will have a hard time going back to listening to CDs, MP3's, or streaming music when you listen to how music was intended to be listened to: on vinyl.
review image
on October 20, 2013
I bought this largely because my kids are in to Taylor Swift. We saw the Red tour this fall and it was a great show...probably the best overall production of perhaps 200 shows I've seen since the early 1980s. Her songwriting is solid and the production on her CDs is not bad. I ordered RED on vinyl because I wanted the kids to use one of our many turntables (we have three currently active in the house, with some in reserve) because I have a large LP collection and would like them to use it more often.

RED did not disappoint. This is the first "new" LP I've purchased in many years (I either buy used or have been buying reissues on high-grade vinyl). It was pressed on heavy vinyl (180gr?), and happily is a double LP so includes all the tracks from the CD. Lyrics are printed inside the gatefold jacket. Sound is excellent...the kids said it was better than the CD, but that may be novelty talking for them. I haven't compared on headphones yet but it sounds *good* even on my office setup with bookshelf speakers.

Highly recommended for TS fans or those looking for new music on vinyl.
on January 4, 2013
Even if you already own the cd of red, I would suggest vinyl. It's a whole different sound. Love Taylor swift for putting this out
on June 16, 2015
Great album. My almost 2 year-old has fallen asleep to this album for months. Whenever he is ready for his nap he asks " dance to Taylor? ...dance to Taylor? And we dance until he puts his head on my shoulder and sleeps. It is great to have this available in vinyl. Thank you Taylor fora great album in a cool format. Highly recommended!
on May 15, 2013
It's Taylor... and it's on vinyl. The best of both worlds. Sure, you don't get all the extra tracks like you might on a target cd, but there's something about vinyl records that give that full sound. Taylor is a huge supporter of vinyl. It tends to make one listen to the whole album in the order they chose... she's the one that pointed that out. This work of hers does not disappoint. A great collection of wonderful tracks.
on April 5, 2013
I got a free turntable from the dump and bought a few used records mostly just for fun for my daughter to see. She then noticed this album was available on Vinyl so I ordered it for her. She likes the album very much but more importantly we've discovered the impressive sound of vinyl and learned vinyl LP's are still available!

Since then we have bought several LPs and even some better turntables! One thing I've noticed is that the new LPs are much higher quality than the LPs I had back in the 80's.

If you were looking for a review of the music on this LP sorry, this is my daughters music but as I said she likes it very much.

Long live the LP! ;)
on December 28, 2015
Still another absolutely fabulous masterpiece from none other than Taylor Swift! Wow! The tunes in this vinyl edition are a wonder in their own right, and the tones are a marvelous display of sheer perfection, rhythm and harmony. Wow! What a fantastic performance! Be sure to get the vinyl edition as it's positively the only way to really capture and enjoy the beauty and charm of this classic!
on March 15, 2013
This record would be great for target audience of pre-adolescent and above stemming to adulthood. Sort of sad at points and upbeat as well. I would recommend this album to anyone who enjoys this artist.
on September 19, 2013
Great album from Swift. In fact one that shows her expertise in her song writing.
Great album alone but I bought the vinyl copy as well and its sound quality trumps the CD version I have!
on September 17, 2013
Red is a slight departure from Taylor's focus on love songs from previous album, Speak Now. It however still features a large amount of personal songs vary from personal life to daily living.