4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Boots!
These boots are great and I have worn them everyday since I got them (about a month straight so far).

The things I love about these boots:

they fit well,
they are made like iron,
they have a good year welt so I can resole them, so with proper care they should last the foreseeable future.
They are a really nice style, I can go from my...
Published on January 20, 2012 by Dschmidt

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
Just got these boots because of the good reviews and they are about the only engineer boot made with a 1 inch heel. I used to make boots, so i know a little about them. These boots are good quality over all & fit well to shoe size.
Published on December 13, 2010 by biker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, December 13, 2010
This review is from: Red Wing Heritage Men's 11-Inch Engineer Boot (Apparel)
My only complaint is that they are not leather lined inside or have removable insoles as advertised by everyone that sells them. They are still fairly comfortable with the big seems being exposed on the inside but for almost $300 any boot should be lined.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Boots!, January 20, 2012

The things I love about these boots:

they fit well,
they are made like iron,
They are a really nice style, I can go from my bike, then out with my friends, and they don't look too biker, under jeans they just look like nice work boots.

I usually wear a 9.5 or a 10 depending on the shoe, so I went with the 9.5 and I have plenty of room in them for heavy socks.

The things that I don't like:

The only reason that I gave them 4 stars is because, for about the first week, they were so excruciatingly painful that I thought I was stuck with 300 dollar boots I could never wear. They take forever to break in but after a month, they are enough of the way there that they have become comfortable to wear all day. I blame the fact that they have nothing but leather insoles, like old boots, so have no padding whatsoever inside of the boot. This is a major problem before the leather breaks in but once it does they conform to your feet nicely. I have a pair of red wing loggers as well and they have a very thin memory foam insole which may be an option for red wing to fix this problem with these boots, but honestly now that I've gotten through the hard part I wouldn't need it.

Over all I love these boots and now that they've broken in I'll wear them forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, but run pretty narrow, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Red Wing Heritage Men's 11-Inch Engineer Boot (Apparel)
Let me preface this by saying I usually wear a 12E. My feet are wide, but not so much so that I usually can't get away with wearing 12D if I have to. This boot is only made in D size.

First off the quality is great. My pair is made in the USA and the craftsmanship shows. They are seemingly bulletproof. The boots are outrageously uncomfortable at first. For the first couple of days of owning them they were unbearable to break in. The insole is hard as a rock and the leather upper is really stiff. Below are my instructions for how I broke mine in, and after doing that they are much more comfortable. After 2 weeks of wear I can see real progress and hope the insoles are formed to my foot before too long.

How I broke my pair in fairly quickly: I bought the RWS brand mink oil. Around 7 pm I put a generous coating on all over the entire boot. Work in the oil well into the leather. It takes some elbow grease and is super greasy. I put the boots on with shorts, not to get the bottom of my jeans all greasy. I just walked around the house for about an hour with the thickest socks you can find. After that take the boots off and let them sit overnight with the oil coating still on. When you get up in the morning, go over the boots with a brush and clean rag, just to get off the excess. Once I did that, wear the boots the rest of the day. The oil softens up the leather a ton and as a result they feel about a half size bigger.They still feel a touch narrow on the insole, but with some breaking in I hope I don't notice after a couple more weeks. I plan on re-oiling them for the first few weeks to get them nice and soft and also it puts a nice color and waterproof quality to the boots.

Update: 2 weeks later these are my new favorite shoes. Quickly after the leather uppers broke in, the insoles started to form. I can now feel the grooves of my foot on the insole when I run my hand over them. The cork sole is finally pliable in the right places. The trick was just to wear them, nothing breaks in the insole better than hot sweaty feet. I would guess in a week or two they will be totally broken in. Stick with it and you will be rewarded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, May 11, 2013
Great boots. Bought for my husband. He loves them. Fit great. Well made. Red wing really are the best quality. I followed advice of purchasing 1/2 size smaller than his regular size and they fit perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars American Craftsmanship is Worth the $, September 6, 2014
2nd pair of these Red Wings that I've purchased. Pretty much convinced these are about as good as an everyday boot gets. American craftsmanship is still alive and well in these boots. Which is so nice to see. They remind me of a earlier time, 20-30yrs ago when fine American made boots wasn't so hard to find, they're of great quality. True enough that they do require some break in. I haven't found the break in period too long or really that uncomfortable. I put Chamberlain's on new boots at the get go and it seems to speed up the breaki in time. These are top quality American made boots that you can be proud of. As well as get 3-4 times the wear out of as compared to some cheaper overseas made boots. You really can't go wrong with these in my opinion. Craftsmanships seems to be much better than Chippewas. Compare the two side by side and I think you'll agree. Plus... Who really wants a tall heel in a man's bike boot? It's prolly the 3 Bills price tag that holds many folks up. I don't take that lightly either. But the "get what you pay" is certainly true in boots has been my experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-Made Boot, December 31, 2014
The boots arrived on-time. both the box and the boots were undamaged.
Got these for my son as a gift. He loves them. there are no zippers which was a plus when deciding on the purchase. The buckles and stitching seem to be well-made. These boots are not lined, but will be fine with socks. My son is starting to break them in with mink oil and wearing them around his house as suggested by another reviewer. My son wears a 13 and the boots are sized accurately. The leather may give after repeated wear, but I am hoping he will get many years of use out of these. Another bonus is that these can be re-soled if needed, so he will be able to keep & enjoy these for a long time.

I would buy these again

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for women., January 16, 2015
I bought these boots after much consideration. I love the look, but couldn't find a lot about the style and fit for women.
I wear a US women's 9. For running, 9.5. EU 40. Usually I order 7 or 7.5 in US men's. After reading reviews, I decided to go down an additional half size and I bought 6.5. They fit perfectly. The style is adorable with leggings or jeans.
The comfort is excellent. My arches barely fit through the first time, but already on the second time it was easier. The second time I wore them was for an entire day of work on my feet and they were very comfortable. They are not roomy in the toe or heel, but I can see how they will loosen with time.
Women, don't hesitate!

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend trying these on in person before buying from amazon ..., September 15, 2014
These D boots are narrower than expected. I have 2 other pairs of red wing boots, neither of them E, and they are wider. They still fit me, and once properly broken in will be a non issue. The boots are well made as you would expect from RW and this price point. If you have wide feet, I recommend trying these on in person before buying from amazon online. I also have a pair of sidi canyon boots for motorcycle riding, and those are a better all around riding boot IMO for about same price. These RW engineer's are just more "fashionable".

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Boot - Stylin and Profilin, March 26, 2013
Really cool boots but would you expect less from Red Wing. One thing - I'd order a half size down on ANY Red Wing heritage boot. I have a few and they are always a little big - even with thick socks. That's why I'm docking a star. Quality is top notch. Can't go wrong with these if you're in the market for 'em.

4.0 out of 5 stars Run big, January 6, 2015
I am a female and it is very hard finding good boots that are both functional and fashionable. These particular boots run HUGE. I am usually a men's 7 (women's 8.5) however my feet were swimming in these things. So I ordered a 5.5 and they fit fine now. Very snug at first but that's how you want them. Now they broke in and fit perfectly and are my favorite boots ever.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›