5.0 out of 5 stars A great product

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really sure why it turned everything black
Published 6 months ago by G. E. Glaum

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, January 11, 2014
This review is from: Red Wing All Natural Boot Oil 95132
I use this product on my work boots regularly. It helps to maintain the waterproof quality of the leather and keep the shoe soft. Living in an area that has red clay this is important, at the clay tends to dry the oils from the leather. A double coating of this product every couple weeks and I'm good to go. For ease of application though, you should invest in the Red Wing Applicator bottle & brush. It will hold 1 pint of this product and has the brush built into the lid. Not sure if it is available online but you can certainly get it at your local Red Wing shoe store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boots look fantastic, February 22, 2013
This review is from: Red Wing All Natural Boot Oil 95132
Like new. This stuff worked. I have an old pair and a new pair of boots I used this on and it revived the old pair while rendering the new pair so ridiculously supple and soft that I couldn't believe it. I make everyone touch them now.

Good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars gets the job done, December 20, 2012
Z.W. (New York, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Wing All Natural Boot Oil 95132
This protects my red wing boots from the environment. It's not too hard to apply, and dires out fairly quickly, but I don't anticipate on having to apply this frequently. Good price for such a large bottle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really sure why it turned everything black, February 26, 2014
G. E. Glaum (Harrison, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Wing All Natural Boot Oil 95132
Well--I have a mixed opinion on this boot oil. I've used Red Wing Boot Oil in the past and always found it to be the very best. It's been years since I have used it and when the need arose, I immediately went for it. However, when I applied it to my boots, my bag, and some other various items (nothing was fine leather or suede) the items I applied it to were all left a blackish color after absorbing the oil and drying. Everything I applied it to was boot leather or saddle leather of a reddish-brown color, and this oil made everything dull black. they are all nice and supple. like I always knew this oil to do, but now everything is left with a permanent,ugly, dull black color. Redwing must have changed the recipe for this product. This has never happened in the past when I used it . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product Especially for "New" Boots, January 25, 2014
This review is from: Red Wing All Natural Boot Oil 95132
I am very happy with this "all natural" product for boots/shoes, finally a product without any silicone. I bought this product and also the same version in the cream - this one is much easier to apply if you use a pad your for application. This does a great job on "new" boots before wearing the first time - I highly recommend using two application on newly purchased boots before you wear them as this product helps soften the leather - and yes, be sure to use them on the bottom of the soles too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Oil, April 24, 2013
This review is from: Red Wing All Natural Boot Oil 95132
works perfectly on all of my leather footwear. Much easer than the mink-oil paste that I used to have. Great quality and value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13, 2014
Perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, June 27, 2014
This review is from: Red Wing All Natural Boot Oil 95132
Great product. Keeps my boots looking great while protecting the leather. It's easy to apply and lasts for a good amount of time before you need to reapply.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an optimal solution for softening and preserving leather, June 22, 2014
This review is from: Red Wing All Natural Boot Oil 95132
I used this oil on two pairs of boots: Red Wing 1907s and the LL Bean/Chippewa Katahdin Iron Works Engineer Boots. At first, I was happy with the results. The oil gave the leather a rich color and the pine smells fantastic. My elation, however, was short-lived. The leather on my 1907s became very dried out and sandy in texture. The came for my Chippewas. Instead of reusing the Red Wing oil, I used Fieblings Neatsfoot oil on the 1907s and Lexol's Conditioner on the Chippewas. I'm much happier with these products; the leather on both is extremely supple. The 1907s almost feel like sneakers they are so well conditioned.

Pass on this product. It smells nice but did not have the desired effect on my boots. Seek out Fieblings Neatsfoot Oil and the Lexol 1013 Leather conditioner. They will make you feel like your boots will last a lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like what it promises to offer, April 22, 2014
This review is from: Red Wing All Natural Boot Oil 95132
This oil is really a maintenance must-have for my brown red wing chukka. I wish there is some sort of brush of cloth that could come with it.

Red Wing All Natural Boot Oil 95132
$17.49
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies