5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is downright amazing!!
Published on December 26, 2011 by Meredith

2.0 out of 5 stars Soooo dissappointing for iPhone 3g
Published on May 15, 2012 by puddy

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is downright amazing!!, December 26, 2011
This review is from: Red ihorn for iPhone 3, 3G, 4, 4S (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I spend a lot of time in my kitchen, emptying the dishwasher, making food, packing lunches, etc. I enjoy listening to my iPhone while I do. Typically, I am listening to NPR, music or Podcasts while doing so. Once I get going, with the kitchen vent or running water turned on, kids trying to talk to me, sizzling on the stove, I can't hear it. So my husband purchased this Amplifier for me for Christmas.

I was skeptical at first, trying to figure out if a simple moulded piece of silicone would really work. But much to my delight, IT DOES! I'd bet it makes the sounds 10x louder than without it.

Good to know, it really doesn't work on my husband's iPhone 3Gs. But the iPhone 4, it works wonders on. Very impressed and would recommend to everyone! (*also works on the iPhone 4S, too!)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great travel speaker, August 21, 2012
Length:: 0:40 Mins

Firstly, this is not an amplifier (as it is frequently defined). There are no batteries, amplification circuitry, or, (for that matter) speakers.

What this is, is a cleverly designed megaphone and iPhone stand. It takes the sound produced by your iPhone speakers and focuses is like a... megaphone. The result is decent quality, room filling sound.

The "device" is light and flexible, yet rigid enough to securely support my phone. I toss it in my suitcase without worrying about it being broken. There are no batteries or cables to worry about. And, for the price it can be replaced easily if I should misplace it.

This has become a staple in my carry-on (usually all I take when I travel) since it provides a lot of functionality with almost no additional bulk or bother.

Please feel free to let Amazon and me know whether this was helpful to you or not, since it helps me improve my reviews.

2.0 out of 5 stars Soooo dissappointing for iPhone 3g, May 15, 2012
This thing does work very well, amazingly in fact - on my iPHone 4s. However I bought this, since it says it is for 3g and 3gs, for my old 3g I gave my girlfriend. The speakerphone on 3g's are very low and she can't hear me in the car. After 3 weeks of waiting it came in and it does Nothing for the 3g. It turns out the speaker and microphone are switched from 3g to 4's. So the speaker is actutally blocked on the 3g. It works perfectly for our purposes on my 4s but that isnt what we need. I would give it five stars for a iPhone 4/s

I know they made these for the earlier iPhones. I just don't know how one would find an older one specifically with the right configuration. I have seen other comments about this same problem. I would definitely buy one that I knew would work on 3g/3gs!

Please note this iHorn cannot work on 3g/gs AND 4 because the speakers are in different locations. The one I received will only work on 4/4s.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Little Device, August 10, 2012
I actually don't have one ... yet, but do have 3 ordered. I was working in my office which is down the hall and behind a closed door from the shop. I swore the guys were having a dance party in the shop with as loud as the music was playing. They do installations of sound systems in golf cars and I figured they were trying out new speakers but the music just kept playing so I went back to check. One of the workers had this attached to his iPhone4 sitting on the work bench. I was completely surprised at the volume! So much so I have just ordered a 3 pack. Great, inexpensive addition to your iPhone accessories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy it very much!, May 18, 2012
I was not sure what to think when I ordered this red ihorn for my iPhone4, but when I got it I tried it out and I was blown away at how loud it made the music sound. I could actually hear the music in another room using this ihorn. I really enjoy it while I am doing my dishes, and I would recommend this to anyone who has an iPhone and wants a way to project their music. It is a great deal and I got it in just a few days after I ordered it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great speaker for less than 5 dollars!, June 27, 2012
Catherine Lorio (Metairie, LA United States) - See all my reviews
First of all, I was a little concerned that this would take forever to come in, since it was being shipped from china to the u.s. and the delivery estimate said it would arrive a month after I ordered it. That was no problem, because it came in a week and a half after I ordered it. Now to the product. It works really great for a $4 product! I slipped my iPod 4th generation into it, and I could definitely tell the speaker made it louder. But, it only works on ipods and iphones that have the speaker on the bottom edge, so I don't know if it would work on generations lower than the 4. I submitted a customer image so you know what I mean. I also have the Griffin Reveal Case for iPod touch 4G (Black) on my ipod, and it still fit easily. Do I recommend this? Definitely! It's cheap, really cool looking, super easy to tote around, and unbreakable.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome sound enhancer, May 9, 2012
This was such a great buy. No need to plug anything in the phone for it too work. Very simple to use, and since it's made of rubber you can bend it and twist it...you can also put it in your pocket since it's flexible and he doesn't do any harm to it....it's great!

5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone Stand, February 22, 2012
Great little "Low-tech" product for a "Hi-tech" device. I wanted to be able to prop up my iPhone when doing a Facetime call. The phone slips right in to this cute soft silicon stand. The horn applifies the sound. Works great - It is cheap - and NOT breakable!

It works especially well for FACETIME.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everyone asks about this gadget, October 8, 2012
Every time I pull this out of my briefcase and start using it, inevitably someone walks over to me and asks about the product.

If I ordered 100 and carried them around, I could have sold every one.

Simple, cheap, easy to clean, no battery, no cord. Increases volume dramatically, and focuses it toward you. Much better than cupping your hand behind your iPhone, which you know you do...

Order one, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a neat and innovative idea!, May 19, 2013
This is the happiest, funkiest piece of equipment ever! It holds the I-phone straight up so you can see it while watching TV or working on your computer or cooking. It won't fit unless you take off any jacket on your phone, but has a slot to fit the back-up cord. The "horn" sure does amplfy the sound and it really great for music. I recommend it to anyone who has an appropriate phone. A real conversation piece!

Flo Philips