4.0 out of 5 stars I like mine
Published 14 months ago by TS Horse

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't start after 1 season
HOme Depot, Lowes, and now even Amazon won't carry Redmax because after just 10 or 12 uses, they won't start. Never seen a product this new, this poor. Replaces spark, fuel everything. Total piece of junk
Published on August 28, 2011 by m73

4.0 out of 5 stars I like mine, May 22, 2013
TS Horse "TS" (Eureka, Calif USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RedMax HBZ2610 25.4cc 2-Stroke Gas Powered 124 MPH Handheld Blower (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)
I have had my little RedMax for about 8yrs. I have always had the starting problem. dont forget to prime it with the little bulb under the carb, choke it then unchoke it a couple times once it fires up i let it idle till she warms up then go to work. this little blower has always performed well, it was a good buy but i think they are all overpriced for a simple blower that is made of plastic. They should have finished covering the gas tank area for more protection but you know those engineers these days. be sure to keep the air filter clean. The trigger is very comfortable and i lube it as best i can along with spraying lube on the throttle linkage. I blow it off with the air hose after each use. I will get another one when mine is dead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Built to last commercial quality, November 17, 2011
Bryan Campbell (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews
Many consumers may be unfamiliar with Redmax as a brand. They are most often found where professional landscape equipment is sold. Redmax products have found wide acceptance in the commercial lawn care industry because of its reputation for performance and dependability.

I decided to purchase this blower as a backup when I first started my business because the lawn crew that worked at my facility had one that would absolutely not quit.

After trying many other brands over the past 6 years I have found that I prefer the feel of Redmax products. I have dropped My handheld blower off the roof probably 10 times cleaning out leaves from gutters. No damage or cracks to the housing. The 2610 is well built.

OK, some nuts and bolts performance stuff:

1. The "Strato charged" engines by Redmax run best on premium fuels. They seem a bit underpowered with the high ethanol 87 blend. That is why I only gave 4 stars.

2. Starting can be a bit tricky for the uninitiated. First you pull start the engine with the choke lever on and the throttle open. The engine will quickly fire and then stall. Take the choke off and pull it again - it should fire right up. Here's where it gets sticky. If you pull the throttle it will want to die again until the engine warms up. If you don't want to wait for the engine to warm then pull the throttle and close the choke momentarily when the engine begins to die. Repeat this maybe 4 times while holding the throttle wide open.
I know this sounds complicated but it is really pretty easy and the entire process takes maybe 15-20 seconds.

3. The triggers on all Redmax products feel GREAT. The 2610 is no exception. I had a $450 Stihl line trimmer that I wanted to throw in the garbage because the trigger and safety interlock were just horrible.

4. If you are going to be doing a lot of blowing the 2610 may not be the best choice only because ALL handheld blowers produce significantly less volume than the bigger backpack models. For light duty use its perfect.

I now have a Redmax backback blower, stick edger, line trimmer, and hedge trimmer. They all have performed well as long as I use the premium fuel. I have used several of the Box store handheld blowers over the years. They are generally heavy, underpowered and junky compared to the HBZ 2610.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't start after 1 season, August 28, 2011