5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting with Great Music and Heartfelt!!
I saw this movie at the Hollywood Film Festival at the ArcLight. I thought it
was very entertaining and has a great message to take with you. The acting was great as well.
Published on April 3, 2012 by maryann

Published on June 22, 2012 by Tony Heck

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting with Great Music and Heartfelt!!, April 3, 2012
I saw this movie at the Hollywood Film Festival at the ArcLight. I thought it

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel good movie, November 6, 2011
This review is from: Redemption Road (DVD)
I saw this movie at the Indiana Heartland film Festival. The title back than was Black White And Blues. This movie along with the actors was an inspiring uplifting feel good movie. Also, great blues music thru out the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Redemtion Road Well Worth the wait, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Redemption Road (DVD)
This movie didn't do the usual theater rounds (unfortunately) so I've been waiting nearly 2 years for it to become available. Michael Clarke Duncan and Morgan Simpson both play their roles superbly. A story that keeps you entertained. The music is terrific, (although some of the performances could have been a bit longer, IMHO). All in All, well worth the wait to finally see this movie, I really enjoyed the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, Great Music, and Great Acting for All, April 6, 2012
This review is from: Redemption Road (DVD)
Redemption Road has a great storyline that keeps you guessing and entertained. The music is absolutely wonderful! The actors take you on a life journey that is exciting and captures your attention. Never a dull moment - there needs to be more movies like this! The actors truly made you feel like you were watching a real story with real emotions. Excellent acting,story, and music !!! A must see and life lesson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable Life Lesson, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Redemption Road (DVD)
Take it to heart story. Filmed on our northern middle Tennessee farm! Would love a copy of this movie:) Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Redemption Road, April 14, 2013
This review is from: Redemption Road (DVD)
Really great movie, I love it, Let my son watch it and he liked it very much, even watched it a second time

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, November 28, 2012
This review is from: Redemption Road (DVD)
My family enjoyed this show very much.
Very good message for life here.
Shame that he is no longer with us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, Strong, September 6, 2012
I miss the actor already. This is a solid body of work, dealing with the consequences of alcoholism and the opportunity to redeem oneself. The supposed blues talent was a little shaky, but overall a wonderful film. Visually beautiful..

3.0 out of 5 stars A very good movie with great music. Not really original but worth watching. I recommend this for the music. I say B., June 22, 2012
Tony Heck (Belgrade, MT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Redemption Road (DVD)
"Whatever he left me I don't want it and I sure as hell ain't gonna travel 900 miles to get it." Jefferson Bailey (Simpson) is a blues player who is in serious financial trouble. When a stranger (Duncan) shows up to let him know his grandfather has died and left him something he dismisses it. When someone come to collect on his debt Bailey catches up with the stranger and decides that a trip is better then the alternative. What starts off as an escape turns into a life changing experience for all involved. This is a very good movie but the music is what really make the movie what it is. If you are a fan of the blues then this movie is made for you. The plot isn't really that original but because of the music it keeps you interested and wanting to see what happens next. About half-way through the movie get very predictable but it is still interesting enough to keep you watching. While not quite at the level of "Almost Famous" or "August Rush" this is still a music movie that is worth watching. I liked it. Overall, a good movie with great music that deserves to be seen. I give it a B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie with great sound track, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Redemption Road (DVD)
I saw this movie at the theatre and having waiting for it to be released on DVD. The soundtrack is outstanding. I loved the camera work especially while the musicians were playing. It almost like you are sitting in the audience at the club. I also loved the storyline. Excellent movie.

Redemption Road
Redemption Road by Mario Van Peebles (DVD - 2012)
$14.99