5.0 out of 5 stars A great USA made product and binding
This is a great improvement on last years product, we have some of the older HIKE shoes and they look plain compared to these.

The bindings are great, the strap system is still the best way to snowshoe, no ratchets to break or strip. Once it is set it is a easy fit every time.

The decks are "NOT PLASTIC" but a softer material that is cross weaved...
Published on December 20, 2011 by Just shopping

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage
Published on December 18, 2012 by Peter A. Laizza

5.0 out of 5 stars A great USA made product and binding, December 20, 2011

The decks are "NOT PLASTIC" but a softer material that is cross weaved and doesn't get hard when it is cold.

Red frame is now powder coated, this may not be a feature but more of a cosmetic upgrade, the bottom of the shoe has a replaceable crampon, it is made of stainless steel and powder coated so snow will not stick to it. All around a very solid performer at a very fair price and long list of features.

These cost a bit more than the China plastic ratchet models but after your second or third season you will see why...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, April 1, 2012
I was looking for a set of snow shoes for my first time using them and these red feathers were great. I got up and down 3 Giant Mt, Cascade, and Porter in ADK without any issue. On steep declines or tight sections of trail, the 30 inch shoes seemed a bit hard to manuever. For the price awesome buy. My firned go a $54 set that threw snow all over himself, I did not have that issue. I'd like rachet bindings instead of the straps they chose for bindings because they did loosen after a while. He did not have that issue with his. Overall I'd get them again!

5.0 out of 5 stars First snowshoe, February 11, 2013
My wife bought me these for Xmas 2012. These are the first snowshoes I have ever had. I felt comfortable in them right from the start. Someone in another review complained about pigeon toeing, but I did not have that problem except when I accidentally put them on the wrong feet. It is hard to tell the difference, but on the toe grip there is a letter L or R indicating which shoe. Anyway I have used them about 10 times this season and love them. I weigh around 230 pounds, and the size 36 shoe works well, even with my pack on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too big for women, a good buy., January 19, 2014
E. Carlson (Sacramento, California) - See all my reviews
These are great snowshoes. I am a woman, and I bought these in case I wanted to carry a pack and do some back country hike in boarding, then I would still be in the weight range, whereas with the women's I would not. But I didn't think they were too big. They were easy to use, easy to put on and I never had to readjust them in the 4 hours I was hiking. I was on some really thin snow at points and they are no worse for the walking on gravel. I like them and would reccomend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Red feather snow shoes, March 24, 2014
Great USA made product and easy to use for a first timer wearing snow shoes. Easy to strap into and good flexibility.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, December 18, 2012
Peter A. Laizza (McAllister,MT USA) - See all my reviews
bought these online which was a big mistake. made it about 100 yards in a foot of fresh powder before the bindings of both shoes became stretched so that they were too loose for my boots. I wear a size 11 boot which is fairly wide and these bindings would not even come in contact with the toe of my boot at its tightest fitting.I would have noticed the fault in these snowshoes were I to visit a brick and mortar store. Some things are not meant to be purcased online.
Went to a popular outdoor store in MT and bought a pair by the same manufacturer with a ratchet type binding for only a few dollars more. They work flawlessly. Do not buy the Redfeather Hike!

5.0 out of 5 stars good choice, March 4, 2014
for this winter's deep snow (waist deep) thes were essential for getting around on foot.
strap your hiking boots into the snowshoes ahead of time rather than trying to fuss with the bindings when its -20F, then just put the snowshoe/boot combination on at the trail head

5.0 out of 5 stars Great snowshoes, February 8, 2014
Shipping was fast. I put them on, walked outside and headed toward the largest pile of snow I could find. Crossed them and fell a couple of times until I got used to them. The bindings appear to be easy after studying them for a while. I am new to snowshoes. I bought the largest thinking I would be over 220 lbs. after gear and all. They are not clumsy at all for the size. Just have to remember that they are on your feet, they are easy to forget that, in my opinion. Summing it up, they are terrific.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Snowshoes, January 6, 2014
This review is from: Redfeather Hike Control Bindings Snowshoe (Sports)
I am very pleased with the construction and quality of these snowshoes. I have a lot of snow in my 25 acres of woods and these make getting around easy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great snowshoes, easy to adjust, February 1, 2013
K. Jensen (Fairbanks, AK United States) - See all my reviews
I bought three pairs of these Redfeathers, slightly different models and they're all great. Very easy to adjust without a lot of fumbling, sturdy and fun on trails. Not so great in deep-woods snow off-trail; they sink too much although they work. On rough trails though, they are terrific and at a good price.

Redfeather Hike Control Bindings Snowshoe (Red, 22)
$129.95 $97.99