5.0 out of 5 stars its almost to good!!
Published 18 months ago by Stephen Pickard

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money in this price range.
You get what you pay for in optics so based on the price point it's a good choice. I gave it 3 stars mainly because of eye relief. I wear glasses and it is problematic for me. Overall a very functional and solid design.
Published 7 months ago by Mitchell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars its almost to good!!, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Redfield 114651Rampage 20-60x80mm Angled Spotting Scope (Sports)
Amazing clarity easy focus and the zoom is intense!! I almost always have it near the lowest setting, but to be fair I haven't looked much past 600yds with it. Redfield knocked this one out of the park it is such a complete package with the tripod, carry case and nylon cover, the rubber armor is tuff. Only two bummers about it but in my mind not a big deal. With the nylon cover on you cannot rotate the scope very far. My bro has the 20-60x60 straight scope from redfield and this is not a problem. and second when you tighten down the height ring to leave the scope on target it drops a bit because the height adjustment bar is a bit loose on the top of the tripod. Again not a big deal all you have to do is compensate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!, February 3, 2013
This a great deal for the money. The 80mm lens allows the image to remain clear even at full zoom and relatively low light. In bright light it is very crisp. We are very happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars great value, August 27, 2013
When I gave this scope its first test on a mountain top above Anchorage ,Alaska.....at 60 power I could read a license plate number
on a truck sitting 1287 yards distant. The focus is smooth and effective.I like the way the scope is adapted to glasses via the
eyecups. Clarity is great and brightness is super....granted this is not a $2000 European scope but for the money a great value!!
Light enough to take hunting in the field but big enough to be powerful.
My only problem was having to fight to get the scope out its very tight case. In the future I will probably just leave it in the case now that I know where all the knobs and adjustments are and they fall readily at hand...
Very good product and great service from Amazon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and light, works fine, July 25, 2013
I'm not really qualified to judge the optical quality, but overall it seems pretty good for $300. At 60x it's the wind and heat distortion that causes problems before anything else. The focus knob is rubberized, very smooth with effectively no backlash. The zoom is a bit harder to turn than I would like but works fine. It has a sun shield on both the front and back which go out pretty far. One thing that does annoy me is that while their website says "built in Oregon", if you look on the scope you will see "China" (Edit: It said that on their launch video, but they've apparently taken it down).

The scope comes with two lens caps, a view-through case with a detached strap, a larger "storage" bag with a strap, and the small tripod. The front lens cap it thick-ish plastic with two spring tabs to attach it, it works fine although the tabs are a bit exposed and might let it come off easily. I especially liked the back lens cap; it's just a large (aluminum?) cup that screws on over the whole eyepiece assembly with a long and fine thread.

The view-through case works well, lot's of velcro to keep everything out of the way. My other complaint is that the shoulder strap for it attaches with some pretty weak clips so I don't use it.

I guess the tripod is plastic, but it feels pretty solid. The locking screw for elevation doesn't work well with the weight of the scope and it tends to dip or rise after being locked. And the screw that attaches the tripod to the scope always wants to unthread itself, as seems to be typical for these screws. I lost the tripod on a recent hike because I had the scope slung over my shoulder with the tripod attached, and it fell off somewhere. It was a convenient excuse to get a better tripod.

To clarify the weight: the scope itself with nothing but the lens caps attached weighs 3 lbs, 1.6 oz. I don't know what the tripod weighs but it wasn't much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scope, February 3, 2013
My husband loves this scope...it has great range and clarity and is more than he had hoped for..well designed and durable

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Deal, May 5, 2013
We replaced a straight type Nikon Earth and Sky 15-45X60mm scope with this one. While we were always happy with the Nikon we wanted an angled type. The clarity of the optics in this Redfield are amazing for a scope in this price range. Everything on this scope seems well made - the zoom lens moves smoothly and precisely, as does the focus knob. The body feels well made and durable. Ours came (we bought it from Amazon's subsidiary Woot.com for an even better deal) with two cases; a carrying case the holds the scope and compact tripod and a weather resistance view through protective case. The only (minor) criticism would be that the included compact tripod is all plastic and of far lessor quality than the scope. But we have a full size heavy duty aluminum tripod that we use for birding anyway. And given the price for this scope it is surprising that a tripod is included at all.

I don't believe that there is currently a better deal for a comparable quality scope to be found anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Redfield Spotting Scope, January 16, 2013
I looked at Spotting Scopes and finally picked this one by reading other reviews. This was far better than I thought it would be. It is a compact size. Everything fits in the Great Carrying Case. Tripod is Good, but when possible I will clamp it to a fixed object. Overall it is outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scope for the price., February 20, 2014
Got this for my wife and she loves it. Easy to use, relatively light, great clarity and magnification. The small tripod that came with it is really not that useful so we had to order a separate large one but no big deal. A very nice carrying case was also included in the set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scope esp. for the price, December 25, 2013
This is a great scope kit at a great price. This is my 2nd Refield product (the other is a pair of 10x50 binos) The scope is very clear and it comes with a nice setup, tripod, carrying case and scope cover that does not need to be removed to use. The eye relief could be better but I had no problems with or without my glasses on. The picture at 20x is super sharp and remains sharp out to 60x.

I wanted an inexpensive but not cheap spotting scope and this is perfect. The build quality is there and the scope does not feel cheap in any way.

4.0 out of 5 stars a quality product, November 28, 2013
Great scope for the money .
Heavy but you would expect it to be the way its made.
The Amazon reviews helped in this purchase.
I would add that if your using on a truck window mount it will be tough to use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Redfield 114651Rampage 20-60x80mm Angled Spotting Scope
$580.62 $251.33
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies